• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
Hello, You can call me Spiral, I'm new here, and it's wonderful to see other furs around. Anyways, I've been a furry for a while now, but I always wondered about these certain type of personalities. As in, furry. I want to see if anyone can get an idea, or see what you can think of. What kind of personality traits certain species have, for example, Something like. A Squirrel is a very jittery and hyper person, who is intelligent and extroverted, I'm not quite sure if that's true, but hey that's what this post is for. You can post about any type of animal, anything furry related. It's just out of curiosity. The animals I'm most curious about is..
Kangaroo, Raccoon, Hyena, Bat, Badger, I have an idea of some of these, but eh. Let's see what you guys think. This is also to help me with a choice of my fursona, and just for fun :3. I am aware that you can bend the personality you have into the fursona, but I wanna see what's more relatable.

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
I have a friend who is a bat and he's a drama king. Very communicative.

I choose a red panda myself because we do share similar traits. Nocturnal, easily startled, pretty shy, friendly but still a wild animal, has a more outspoken personality.

Also I like having a smaller muzzle. Makes it easier for me to draw. ☆

B

backpawscratcher

Gorillas are typically very placid gentle creatures, but will always stand up for themselves when faced with a challenge. Chimps are loving, playful and mischievous, little wind up merchants. Orangutans just want to be loved, and to love in return. I see myself in all of these, so am a bit of a hybrid personality wise, but physically my fursona is developing more as a gorilla than anything else.

From your list I like the raccoon the best. They are clever and curious little critters, always showing oodles of personality.

Kyr

Reeeeeee
Banned

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Oh furry species stereotypes, there are legit hour long lectures about this on Youtube. XD

I can't think of any off the top of my head but maybe this helpful and in no way snarky guide will be useful to you.

forums.furaffinity.net: Adding to the trash heap that is the den: Furry species and Stereotypes :V
"Wolf: bad ass wannabe loner types; white guilt; Dogfuckers; Mentally unstable; Socially inept; otherkin"

Fucking
LOL-003.jpg

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Badgers I'd say are very protective and wise. In the wild they know a surprising amount about their environment and how to handle dangers. For the users that pick them, I don't know how if it has a profound effect.

For me, I picked what I picked because I'm a soulless lunatic.

Nah jk, it fit the shoes of my creative and online persona because it has no personality to begin with.

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
Oh furry species stereotypes, there are legit hour long lectures about this on Youtube. XD

I can't think of any off the top of my head but maybe this helpful and in no way snarky guide will be useful to you.

forums.furaffinity.net: Adding to the trash heap that is the den: Furry species and Stereotypes :V
Thanks,
Badgers I'd say are very protective and wise. In the wild they know a surprising amount about their environment and how to handle dangers. For the users that pick them, I don't know how if it has a profound effect.

For me, I picked what I picked because I'm a soulless lunatic.

Nah jk, it fit the shoes of my creative and online persona because it has no personality to begin with.
interesting, I always thought badgers are cool, and them being grumpy and dont like to be messed with

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Thanks,

interesting, I always thought badgers are cool, and them being grumpy and dont like to be messed with

Depends on how you interpret their grumpiness.

pediachnid

skittering about
jumping spiders would be very naive and trusting as well as over excited and hyper cureous

wolf spiders would be territorial and just a bit brutish

web weiving spiders would be utter snobs and rather self absorbed in their own eligance

crab spiders would seem lazy but actually are just very patent, also monk like

and tarantulas would be big lazy huggable fluffballs, of course dependent on species

L

-..Legacy..-

jumping spiders would be very naive and trusting as well as over excited and hyper cureous

wolf spiders would be territorial and just a bit brutish

web weiving spiders would be utter snobs and rather self absorbed in their own eligance

crab spiders would seem lazy but actually are just very patent, also monk like

and tarantulas would be big lazy huggable fluffballs, of course dependent on species

I like jumping spiders. They literally eyeball everything if you watch them.

L

-..Legacy..-

your not the only one to love em for that, there`s a good reason i chose one as my fursona

I remember seeing a super tiny one chasing the second hand on my watch once. I was trying not to move, but dying from laughter at the same time.

I remember seeing a super tiny one chasing the second hand on my watch once. I was trying not to move, but dying from laughter at the same time.
I respec you and all that but spiders creep me out *shudders* its just something about the way they move tbh

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
What's a skink's personality? Or just lizard? I don't know.
I like to dig in sand and eat insects I guess.

Pompadork

Bowman
Can't say I know any cattle personally but I'm gonna go with just like dogs but bigger and weird?
Likes long walks on the beach, romantic dinners....

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
Gorillas are typically very placid gentle creatures, but will always stand up for themselves when faced with a challenge. Chimps are loving, playful and mischievous, little wind up merchants. Orangutans just want to be loved, and to love in return. I see myself in all of these, so am a bit of a hybrid personality wise, but physically my fursona is developing more as a gorilla than anything else.

From your list I like the raccoon the best. They are clever and curious little critters, always showing oodles of personality.
I like them too. I find them to be very similar to me, I'm small, clever and very curious person. Btw, that's a good description of gorillas and raccoon.