• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry pride!

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
okay, really. i wanna know more about this. i didn't post this is in rants and raves because, 1. it's not a rant
and
2. i want opinions outside of the soulless that reside in R&R.

why are furries SO set on "furry pride!"? and what is there to be proud of?

why do furries say this is something that isn't a choice, when it totally is?

and why do they get SO upset when everyone in the world doesn't accept them?

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
"Lifestylers", nothing but they like to think they're better than other humans, want to justify why they don't fit in without "Conforming = evil" argument, are upset when their superiority is snatched away / they aren't allowed to get away shouting their opinions.

iBolt!

You could ask the same things about homosexuality... I find pride in it because it makes me happy. I am not attracted to humans... at all... and that's my sexual orientation, so there you have my "not a choice", and I want to be accepted because I don't want to be disowned or disliked by someone for something that is, indeed, beyond my control.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}
Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people

This pretty much sums it up.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
You could ask the same things about homosexuality... I find pride in it because it makes me happy. I am not attracted to humans... at all... and that's my sexual orientation, so there you have my "not a choice", and I want to be accepted because I don't want to be disowned or disliked by someone for something that is, indeed, beyond my control.

you're not attracted to humans at all? are you attracted to animals? seriously, not being a smartass. i would like to know.

and how can it not be a choice? this is something that, had you no access to the internet, would not even be known to you and therefore not part of your life. you can't tell me before the internet, you were attracted to furries like people are attracted to other people.

sobe

Uber Bunneh
psy, i beg to differ, you can be without the internet, and stiff be a furry. iv been a furry sinc ei was 7, and didnt even know what a furry was, part of me was always an animal and still is, and having the internet has nothing to do with what ibolt said, ibolt simply said he wasnt attracted to humans, and just like homosexuality, that would be something out of your controle. your eather born gay or your not, your born liking humans phisicly, or your not.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
The only thing I can think of is that "Furry Pride" is sort of a counter against all the trolling. If you ask me though I cannot be proud to be a furry. I can be proud though to have become accomplished at making suits, because that is something I worked towards....but pride in liking an art form? Makes no sense to me.

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
:confused: Attracted to animals? Nobody (asexual)? Certainly not only furries? :confused: They aren't even real.

To answer the topic, I do not see the whole furry pride thing. Yes, its cool and all, but nothing to be proud of. What is it? An accomplishment?

sobe

Uber Bunneh
prettypup, why not be proud? people outside the furdom try to bash the hell out of us, i say be proud to be furry, and lol at the ass holes who yell out furfag and yiff in hell.

Jashwa

The only reason I can think of is because people like to share what they're interested in. You see it with other interests as well. Take sports for example, an NFL fan will come up and start talking about the game last Sunday, even if you didn't ask or don't give a shit (Yeah, I'm that guy :p). He's proud that he owns the Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket and flicks backa nd forth between every game, and if you try to tell that person that their interest is stupid, they'll more than likely get upset. It goes the same with the furry fandom. People spend so much time and like it so much that they like to try to bring it up whenever they can and with whoever they can and they also get really upset when they get bashed for liking it.

sobe

Uber Bunneh
i dont bring it up outside of furry sites, its my intrest and if im in a place with people who share it awsome, but other wise, just kinda random. if it gets brought up or somthing similer enough ok, but im not gona go talk about football abd move onto furrys :p

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
prettypup, why not be proud? people outside the furdom try to bash the hell out of us, i say be proud to be furry, and lol at the ass holes who yell out furfag and yiff in hell.
Be proud that your fandom willing wants pedophiles, beasties, toddler-con-ers, and other people into it. :rolleyes:

There are better things to be proud about. Like not eating your own vomit, or reading something that doesn't involve the word "cum" replacing "come" somewhere in its title. The only reason I can think of to be 'proud' that you're in the Furry fandom is that you're not being in denial about something just to save face.

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
I see what you're saying, but I think its a cycle. Be proud because there are those who hate us, but they seem to hate on furries because of this pride attitude.

I'm not saying I'm not proud of what/who I am; I certainly am. But again, where is the accomplishment?

Jashwa

Be proud that your fandom willing wants pedophiles, beasties, toddler-con-ers, and other people into it. :rolleyes:

There are better things to be proud about. Like not eating your own vomit, or reading something that doesn't involve the word "cum" replacing "come" somewhere in its title. The only reason I can think of to be 'proud' that you're in the Furry fandom is that you're not being in denial about something just to save face.
I'm pretty sure the fandom as a whole doesn't want pedos, beasties, or anyone like that.

iBolt!

you're not attracted to humans at all? are you attracted to animals? seriously, not being a smartass. i would like to know.

and how can it not be a choice? this is something that, had you no access to the internet, would not even be known to you and therefore not part of your life. you can't tell me before the internet, you were attracted to furries like people are attracted to other people.

I find humans disgusting. I'm not into bestiality (at all), but I do not find humans sexually appealing in any way.

Well, you have a point. Of course, if the furry fandom didn't exist (since it is based on the internet) I would not be a furry. If it didn't exist, I could easily call myself asexual.

Looking at these two responses, I feel kinda left out now... like I felt for so long like I could relate to most furries and now... :(

Last edited:

Aurali

Banned
Banned
I find humans disgusting. I'm not into bestiality (at all), but I do not find humans sexually appealing in any way.

Well, you have a point. Of course, if the furry fandom didn't exist (since it is based on the internet) I would not be a furry. If it didn't exist, I could easily call myself asexual.

I was the same way for the longest time... Then I found out I'm more attracted to certain (rare) types of people, not what they looked like.

For me. Furry isn't a choice. I COULD stop.. but really. why?

Then again. I'm more therianthrope than furry.

iBolt!

I was the same way for the longest time... Then I found out I'm more attracted to certain (rare) types of people, not what they looked like.

For me. Furry isn't a choice. I COULD stop.. but really. why?

Then again. I'm more therianthrope than furry.

Whew! I was kinda scared there for a moment! xD

Anyways, to add on it, I do find myself emotionally attracted to some humans (only furries, though), and sexual feelings come with that. That's the only case I find humans attractive. For me... it ain't much of a choice... some other people, it may be, but I like what I like and nothing ever made me like it ;)

Last edited:

sobe

Uber Bunneh
I see what you're saying, but I think its a cycle. Be proud because there are those who hate us, but they seem to hate on furries because of this pride attitude.

I'm not saying I'm not proud of what/who I am; I certainly am. But again, where is the accomplishment?

you dont have pride to get accompleshment, you have it because you should, because even though idiots try to hurt you and tell you what your doing is bad, you persist because you dont give a care what they think, as you shouldnt.

iBolt!

:( I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but maybe there are other ways in which you can relate to other furries?
The responses were kinda like "Wtf?! Really?!" so I'm like.... "Wtf?! Huh?! *confused*" and then someone responded with "I can relate" so I'm like "Okay I'm better now..."

Last edited:

sobe

Uber Bunneh

fuck you, saying the furdom is all pedos and beastlys is like me saying heterosexuality is a buncha idiots that live on the moon and smoke crack all day >.>

its people like you who go and spread the bullshit about the furdom

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
fuck you, saying the furdom is all pedos and beastlys is like me saying heterosexuality is a buncha idiots that live on the moon and smoke crack all day >.>

its people like you who go and spread the bullshit about the furdom
agreed. Take any subset of humans and there are going to be a few that are outside the norm. Furry is no different, but to say that they are mostly sexual deviants is rather out there. It's simply not true.