• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry pride!

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
fuck you, saying the furdom is all pedos and beastlys is like me saying heterosexuality is a buncha idiots that live on the moon and smoke crack all day >.>

its people like you who go and spread the bullshit about the furdom

I'm sorry, did I say that all of them are pedos and beasties? No, I said they allow beasties / pedos / toddler-connies into it. Many will actively defend them also.

Next time you try to twist my words, at least make it less of an exaggeration.

sobe

Uber Bunneh
sorry for the strong words, bad week and that pisses me off when people are so ignorent and wont even give a little of their time to research it before saying something that stupid >.>

thanx for agreeing though :)

sobe

Uber Bunneh
I'm sorry, did I say that all of them are pedos and beasties? No, I said they allow beasties / pedos / toddler-connies into it. Many will actively defend them also.

Next time you try to twist my words, at least make it less of an exaggeration.

well, there are pedos and such who arnt in the furdom, and believ it or not, there are non furries who would support them. i do appoligize for twisting your words. but you are acting like this is only applied to the furdom. it definatly isnt.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I have no pride in this fandom, and before anyone say "then leave" here
Fuck you
Fuck you
AND
Fuck you

It tends to be those with the damn pride to make us look bad in the end, only few do it where its in the sane, then there are those who are insane about it

sobe

Uber Bunneh
well, to me thats more or less pride. i see pride as not giving a shit what others think, do it for your self and its pride, atleast in my eyes

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
well, to me thats more or less pride. i see pride as not giving a shit what others think, do it for your self and its pride, atleast in my eyes
Its how I was raised, I see no good for having pride, only seek Honor, already for 3 years I been having clashes with a certain fur constantly cause he is prideful while I'm honor bound

sobe

Uber Bunneh
i just dont think we should have to be ashamed of being furs, nothing wrong with it, and we should have our minds changed by some idiots that know nothing about it

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
i just dont think we should have to be ashamed of being furs, nothing wrong with it, and we should have our minds changed by some idiots that know nothing about it
I dont see myself as a Fur, just myself, in everything I do. Thats why I have no pride for being a furry, I do not see myself as one

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Careful, you're treadin' close to the "Only furries know what furries are like" line, and I don't like being told I am unaware of the true face of the fandom.

Apology accepted though, and my own apologies if it sounded like I was saying the fandom is alone.

Impasse

Got to Be Crazy
In perspective, the fandom is some pretty weird shit and it's nothing to be proud of. But I enjoy it anyway.

Lethe5683

okay, really. i wanna know more about this. i didn't post this is in rants and raves because, 1. it's not a rant
and
2. i want opinions outside of the soulless that reside in R&R.

why are furries SO set on "furry pride!"? and what is there to be proud of?

why do furries say this is something that isn't a choice, when it totally is?

and why do they get SO upset when everyone in the world doesn't accept them?
Why does it bother you so much?

sobe

Uber Bunneh
Careful, you're treadin' close to the "Only furries know what furries are like" line, and I don't like being told I am unaware of the true face of the fandom.

Apology accepted though, and my own apologies if it sounded like I was saying the fandom is alone.

well, im not saying that, but for the majority factor, it would be more likly that a furrie would be more knowledgeable about furries right? again, not saying non furs dont know anything about furries, it just depends on how much a person has spent looking into it, and trying to sift through truth and bull, which can be hard for a non fur, and even some of the newer furs :p

Aengmusae

Style~
I don't have any pride in being a furry.

I have pride in being Asian. I have pride in being artistic. See, I have pride in things that I can't just walk away from, things that are part of me. I see being in the fandom as having a hobby. You're not proud of being a stamp collector. You may be proud of all of the stamps (or, in the furry case, the quality of your furry art), but it's not something to write home about.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
prettypup, why not be proud? people outside the furdom try to bash the hell out of us, i say be proud to be furry, and lol at the ass holes who yell out furfag and yiff in hell.

"why not be proud?"

Because the fandom's largest population is made of zoophiles, pedophiles, vomitl, scat, and urine fetishists, people who wear diapers and AREN'T incontinent, and people who "have the soul of an animal!"

...so pretty much the fandom sounds like the general population of a sanitarium. there's nothing to be proud of in that. You're a furry. you're attracted to animal people and roleplay as one. there's nothing to be PROUD of about that.

For me. Furry isn't a choice. I COULD stop.. but really. why?

then it IS a choice!

fuck you, saying the furdom is all pedos and beastlys is like me saying heterosexuality is a buncha idiots that live on the moon and smoke crack all day >.>

no, it's people like YOU that people who aren't in the fandom see and think "what the fuck is wrong with those furfags?"

also, the word "furdom" needs to be cut out completely, just like "yiff", "murr", "skritch" and all those other ri-goddamn-diculous words furries made up to segregate themselves more.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Question:

why have you no pride?

Answer:

Cause I see no fucking point to have it
i'm a furry WHOOP DE FREAKIN DOO

i agree.

what is there RIGHT about the fandom? it's pretty much an internet cult.

where's paxil rose when you need him?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
What furry pride?

Rhythm

Boo.
Eh, really people need to realize that just because you slap something on a button or a bumper sticker, bracelet, necklace, whatever, doesn't really mean anything to anybody whether you think it does or not. It's like rubbing it in somebodies face and them saying "Yeah ok, and?"

Leo Ursus

Schizophrenic Projectionist
No matter what group it is, there will always be people screaming ______ Pride!, but there will also be people of the same group in the corner shaking their heads at the aforementioned section for doing that.

Adrimor

Banned
Banned
^ Too true.

part of me was always an animal and still is
That's therians. Don't try to lump everyone into the same category as you. Not all furries are entirely without a grip of reality.

And it's people like you who make the bullshit so easy and fun to spread.

YOU. ARE. A. HUMAN.
Accept it, or become an hero and pray you're reincarnated into the overpopulating meat-slipper you already seem to think you are.

This.
Pride is for achievements--not interests, circles, or characteristics.
You don't hear me expressing 'pride' to be a Killer7 fan; I've not seen one 'pride' group for people who wear glasses; and I'm fairly certain that any anti-corporatist 'pride' parade would be put down by force pretty fast.

i just dont think we should have to be ashamed of being furs,

False dichotomy!
Contrary to your apparent belief, one can be unashamed of something without being proud.
For example, I'm not ASHAMED to be white, but I don't see any reason to be proud of it either. Ditto for furry--it's just something I happen to be. No reason to scream "PRIDE!!!!" over it.

No, I said they allow beasties / pedos / toddler-connies into it. Many will actively defend them also.
I'll be honest--I don't mind the beasties as much as pedos, and--to play Devil's Advocate--as long as it's not done IRL, it's not so bad...
Then again, when have zoophies and pedos been able to keep things online-only?

...I don't know what a toddler-connie is, but just remember:
Babyfur = tennis ball.
Wanna practice serving? I know a great wall =D

Also, you forgot the torturefags and snuff-lovers.

"why not be proud?"

Because the fandom's largest population is made of zoophiles, pedophiles, vomitl, scat, and urine fetishists, people who wear diapers and AREN'T incontinent, and people who "have the soul of an animal!"

...so pretty much the fandom sounds like the general population of a sanitarium. there's nothing to be proud of in that. You're a furry. you're attracted to animal people and roleplay as one. there's nothing to be PROUD of about that.
Honestly, I think it's because many furries never go on to achieve anything of particular moment outside the fandom. I really can't fault the screamers for that. You might be a paper pusher in real life, but you can be some sort of Physical God with a thirty-foot penis and world-destroying might online.

It's utterly pathetic to be proud of these fantasies--but it's pretty understandable, if they're the only really cool thing in your life. Take the most famous member of the fandom who you can think of, and then try asking non-furries if they've ever heard of him. I'm willing to bet that most of the answers will be no.

(God, why am I always late to the good threads...?)

Last edited:

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Here you say:

Then in this post you say:
I dont see myself as a Fur, just myself, in everything I do. Thats why I have no pride for being a furry, I do not see myself as one

So are you a furry, or are you not a furry?

And am i the only one who spotted this contradiction?

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
^ Too true.
Pride is for achievements--not interests, circles, or characteristics.
You don't hear me expressing 'pride' to be a Killer7 fan; I've not seen one 'pride' group for people who wear glasses; and I'm fairly certain that any anti-corporatist 'pride' parade would be put down by force pretty fast.

False dichotomy!
Contrary to your apparent belief, one can be unashamed of something without being proud.
For example, I'm not ASHAMED to be white, but I don't see any reason to be proud of it either. Ditto for furry--it's just something I happen to be. No reason to scream "PRIDE!!!!" over it.

Yep, pretty much what I've been trying to say. There is no need to be proud of it, and there is middle ground between proud and ashamed. It's not one or the other.

I'm happy with it. If asked, I will say I'm a furry, but no need to be the shout it everywhere you go.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Here you say:

Then in this post you say:

So are you a furry, or are you not a furry?

And am i the only one who spotted this contradiction?

No I'm not a furry, the first post is to show that being a furry is nothing to be prideful about, congrats on trying to make me look like an idiot, but all you show that I suck at explaining

paxil rose

what is there RIGHT about the fandom? it's pretty much an internet cult.

where's paxil rose when you need him?

Face_Awesome.png

Let's see if I can make a decent enough analogy;

Should I be proud of being a troll? Forgetting anything I've done while trolling, just the fact I troll as a hobby.

Pride worthy?