• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry pride!

Gavrill

ladies~
This is like "stamp collecting pride" except instead of collecting stamps you wear them and draw stamps having sex

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
No I'm not a furry, the first post is to show that being a furry is nothing to be prideful about, congrats on trying to make me look like an idiot, but all you show that I suck at explaining

My apolligies, my aim was not to make you look like an idiot. Althougfh i admit i could of worded it differently. I was actually a little confused to what you were on about. o.o

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
I look at furry pride the same way I look at gay pride: you're looking for trouble.
(Before I start a flamewar, yes, I'm gay.)

Being happy you're a furry, or whatever is one thing, but actively going around advertising it is asking for trouble. The sad truth is that most people aren't nearly as tolerant of opposing viewpoints as they like to think, and going around advertising that you're different is, IMO, looking for a fight. I'm certainly not going to deny it if someone ever asks me if I'm furry or gay, but I sure as hell don't walk around announcing it to everyone I meet.

Those kind of people are why the "Troll-dom" exists so strongly. You're welcome to be whatever you want, just don't shove it down other's throats.

Oh, and about the choice thing, it wasn't really a choice for me as much as finally being able to identify the feelings I've had my whole life. But I'm happy with it.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
My apolligies, my aim was not to make you look like an idiot. Althougfh i admit i could of worded it differently. I was actually a little confused to what you were on about. o.o
its why I'm dubed the forum Idiot, around 20% can get what I am saying the rest either take it seriously or mistaken

Adrimor

Banned
Banned
Not to be an ass, but better grammar does tend to help improve those numbers. I'd say about ~40% of FAF users understand what I post, myself =P

No I'm not a furry, the first post is to show that being a furry is nothing to be prideful about, congrats on trying to make me look like an idiot, but all you show that I suck at explaining
Eh, you're still probably smarter than that guy. I understood what you meant--though you should probably use quotation marks around statements like that next time =P

This is like "stamp collecting pride" except instead of collecting stamps you wear them and draw stamps having sex
haha, I may have to sig. this sometime.

Not if I sig it first >=D

Being happy you're a furry, or whatever is one thing, but actively going around advertising it is asking for trouble.
This is AzurePhoenix's joke, but since it's not been made yet...
HEY. HEY YOU.
YOU, WITH THE BIBLE AND THE SHOTGUN.
I'M GAY.
THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW.

I'm certainly not going to deny it if someone ever asks me if I'm furry or gay, but I sure as hell don't walk around announcing it to everyone I meet.

Those kind of people are why the "Troll-dom" exists so strongly. You're welcome to be whatever you want, just don't shove it down other's throats.
Yay for rational furries!

ADF

It's not really a pride issue, it's just an interest of mine, why people take pride in their interests I don't know. People don't really know what makes them interested in some things and not in others, they just are. If I was to take pride in an interest it wouldn't be a subject that is partially fetish orientated.

In terms of choice though I am not so sure, I wouldn't stop being interested in furry themed stuff if I simply decided I wasn't a furry. As I made clear in my first post I have a long history of furry interest, you cannot simply make that go away.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
and just another thought. i believe a massive part of fur-priders only have "FURRY PRIDE!" so someone else will call them out on it and they can say "FUCK YOU I'M A FURRY."

because, every self-respecting furry i know isn't like that.

Adrimor

Banned
Banned
^ Exactly. It goes along with the whole "looking for trouble" bit.

Some people like to scream at others, and other people like to feel downtrodden and oppressed; in either case, they live to find things about which to be indignant. Some become Fundies, some become furries, and--God help us all--some do both.

And then they wonder why they can't get laid =V

Arcadium

Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}
Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people

This pretty much sums it up.

Dude, you have just made my day. Me and my friend blurt this song out to piss people off. Nice to see other's like it.

And on the topic of the thread..

FUCKING LIFESTYLERS. It's bullshit in my opinion. That is all.

Last edited:

Erewolf

the ghost
For every idiot against something, there's an idiot for it.

Trolling is a two sided coin, my friends.

Personally, I do take pride in what I am. This lifestyle makes me happy. I don't go parading around shoving it in everyone's face, but I am me, and if you can't accept that, I don't need you in my life. Sure if someone starts bad mouthing furries I'll get annoyed, especially if it's someone just ranting about how it's just a fetish. But those people just don't get it. It's just like being gay, people who don't understand it will bad mouth it.

But furries who parade around shoving it in everyone's face make me just as annoyed. Have some respect. I love comic books, I don't go around screaming at people who don't. I don't dress up as Batman and throw comic books at people. (But if you think about it it'd be pretty cool).

I respect myself, so I respect how I am a furry. I respect others, so I respect that they aren't. If I meet a furry I'll act more like myself, but I still bite people and growl IRL. No one really cares, I've always been weird and I've always had the friends I have.

What I'm saying is, being furry is a hobby, a interest, a lifestyle, whatever. It's important to you. But not everyone's gonna love you.

So, get used to it, y'know? x3

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

Personally, I do take pride in what I am. This lifestyle makes me happy. I don't go parading around shoving it in everyone's face, but I am me, and if you can't accept that, I don't need you in my life. Sure if someone starts bad mouthing furries I'll get annoyed, especially if it's someone just ranting about how it's just a fetish. But those people just don't get it. It's just like being gay, people who don't understand it will bad mouth it.

But furries who parade around shoving it in everyone's face make me just as annoyed. Have some respect. I love comic books, I don't go around screaming at people who don't. I don't dress up as Batman and throw comic books at people. (But if you think about it it'd be pretty cool).

I respect myself, so I respect how I am a furry. I respect others, so I respect that they aren't. If I meet a furry I'll act more like myself, but I still bite people and growl IRL. No one really cares, I've always been weird and I've always had the friends I have.

What I'm saying is, being furry is a hobby, a interest, a lifestyle, whatever. It's important to you. But not everyone's gonna love you.

*claps* I am with you on this 110%.

Vaba

The Pure
Meh... sin doesn't exist in my eyes. Bad things do, sin doesn't.

You just explained my brain in a single sentence. I thank you.

Well, I'm not exactly hellbent on furry pride. I am just neutral to all sexual orientations, races, languages, and countries. I see no reason to NEED pride at all. You are what you are, and that is fine with me.

sobe

Uber Bunneh
"why not be proud?"

Because the fandom's largest population is made of zoophiles, pedophiles, vomitl, scat, and urine fetishists, people who wear diapers and AREN'T incontinent, and people who "have the soul of an animal!"

...so pretty much the fandom sounds like the general population of a sanitarium. there's nothing to be proud of in that. You're a furry. you're attracted to animal people and roleplay as one. there's nothing to be PROUD of about that.

then it IS a choice!

no, it's people like YOU that people who aren't in the fandom see and think "what the fuck is wrong with those furfags?"

also, the word "furdom" needs to be cut out completely, just like "yiff", "murr", "skritch" and all those other ri-goddamn-diculous words furries made up to segregate themselves more.

im in the fandom lol...

i see nothing wrong with furdom, its just a fund word, and is people want to make up a word then let them, i do it all the time :)

Leo Ursus

Schizophrenic Projectionist
I cant stop reading this post and losing myself in laughter, you have officially made my list of awesome quotes if that is okay?

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
okay, really. i wanna know more about this. i didn't post this is in rants and raves because, 1. it's not a rant
and
2. i want opinions outside of the soulless that reside in R&R.

why are furries SO set on "furry pride!"? and what is there to be proud of?

why do furries say this is something that isn't a choice, when it totally is?

and why do they get SO upset when everyone in the world doesn't accept them?

This is the only thing I disagree with. It's not a choice at all, I can't help the way I feel about things. there is nothing to be proud of and who gives a flying fuck if people don't like us.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
This is the only thing I disagree with. It's not a choice at all, I can't help the way I feel about things. there is nothing to be proud of and who gives a flying fuck if people don't like us.

if you didn't have internet you wouldn't be a furry.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
if you didn't have internet you wouldn't be a furry.

If I didn't watch cartoons as a kid I wouldn't be a furry. The internet just told me what it was called, I still liked the anthro characters from various cartoons.

Bellini Tabloid

whatcha say? that's cool...
Ark's Definition: Pride is being overly enamored with ones self.

Pride is frowned upon IMHO, why have any pride including furry pride; preposterous.

Lethe5683

My thoughts exactly.

Adrimor

Banned
Banned

You should become a politician. This sort of longwinded fence-sitting sells like tax cuts in some states.

Ark's Definition: Pride is being overly enamored with ones self.
This is why you aren't one of the people write dictionaries.
What you're thinking of is called narcissism.

Pride is given twelve definitions by dictionary.com, but these are the first four:
1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
2. the state or feeling of being proud.
3. a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
4. pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: civic pride.

Only one of those involves being conceited. The other three are considered good or neutral characteristics.

But notice!
None of those apply to belonging to a given subculture, club, religion, or other category. So, furry pride is as baseless and pointless as Christian pride, gay pride, black pride, mullet pride...

Pride is frowned upon IMHO, why have any pride including furry pride; preposterous.
Arrogance is frowned upon, particularly in the stupid and incompetent.

Some things are worthy of pride. Belonging to a geeky subculture just isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Nishi

Eh, I don't think that naturally liking something or feeling a certain way is a choice. :)
Whether you act on that or not is a choice though, I guess?

I think I'd be proud of who I am furry or not, gay or not.
I'm not super furry proud, but I'm not ashamed about being the bit of furry I am either.