• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

furry pride!

Arcadium

Agreed. +1 to you. I don't think being a furry is something everyone aspires to be, but it's fun to be a part of the fandom =3

Yes it is, very much :3 But honestly, i kinda give way with the whole argument, "You wouldn't be a furry without the internet". I mean, just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean it's not your tastes.

What i'm saying is, if you consider yourself a furry from influences like Buggs Bunny, or like me, video-games like Star Fox, but you don't know about the fandom, your can still arguably call yourself a furry, or get called out on it. Even though you don't have knowledge about it till the future, it doesn't mean anytime before you wouldn't of been able to.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Yes it is, very much :3 But honestly, i kinda give way with the whole argument, "You wouldn't be a furry without the internet". I mean, just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean it's not your tastes.

What i'm saying is, if you consider yourself a furry from influences like Buggs Bunny, or like me, video-games like Star Fox, but you don't know about the fandom, your can still arguably call yourself a furry, or get called out on it. Even though you don't have knowledge about it till the future, it doesn't mean anytime before you wouldn't of been able to.

Just because a person likes a cartoon character, and happens to enjoy a video games does not mean you can argue an auto flag as a furry. If someone does not have knowledge of a furry but still likes anthro animal things...he or she is not a furry. To be a furry is a choice, not an auto association. It's not like being gay or straight or asexual.

You are not a furry unless you consciously associate yourself as one.

Psi Xen

Just because a person likes a cartoon character, and happens to enjoy a video games does not mean you can argue an auto flag as a furry. If someone does not have knowledge of a furry but still likes anthro animal things...he or she is not a furry. To be a furry is a choice, not an auto association. It's not like being gay or straight or asexual.

I completely agree with this.

I enjoy being who I am, but being prideful is not a good thing, in my opinion at least.

Last edited:

iBolt!

I agree with this... I've been a furry for 5 years but didn't know what one was until last February. It's not just a fetish to me, it's a hobby and the basis of my sexual orientation.

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
I see it this way.
People are born into things that they're proud of. Being American, gay, anything.
People are also born with their own preferences and opinions. Furries happen to like anthropomorphism more than the average Joe, so they were born with this preference. I guess it isn't necessarily a choice, furries just chose to act upon their preference and make a fanbase out of it.

I'm proud that I'm musically talented, and a fast learner, is that so much of a sin that I can't like myself for coming as far as I have with it and learning so much about life, myself and everything from it that makes me whole? I think not. (I have my own morals, I have no set of rules to live by. Pride is healthy, but being some egotistical maniac isn't. Like my father says, 'It's healthy to have an ego, but don't let it get out of hand.')

Last edited:

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
I was born giving Warhammer 40K a better chance than many others. Thus, my 40Ker status is genetic that means, and I had no choice in the matter.

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
I was born giving Warhammer 40K a better chance than many others. Thus, my 40Ker status is genetic that means, and I had no choice in the matter.

I don't mean that it's totally genetic, it's mostly choice, but some people like things more than others. Fetishes, choice of dress, types of books you read are examples of preferences acted upon by choice.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
XD sometimes I feel like I'm the only gay person that isnt wearing rainbow colours everywhere.

tch, I'd much rather be straight and wear rainbows. ...
gay people are too cliche...

o_O;; and I swear every bisexual person I meet is a furry.

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
XD sometimes I feel like I'm the only gay person that isnt wearing rainbow colours everywhere.

tch, I'd much rather be straight and wear rainbows. ...
gay people are too cliche...

o_O;; and I swear every bisexual person I meet is a furry.

I'm a good deal gay, that's all I'll say. (I'm a poet and didn't even know it!)
I'm wearing bright colors for the spring, lol. (Pink, purple, light blue, etc...)
And also, you don't have to wear rainbows. (Though I want a bracelet or something. Parental supervision ftl.)

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot

which by this definition I stop saying I was, I'm not a furry, I just hang out with Furries cause I like anthro animals but dont see myself as one now

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I'm a good deal gay, that's all I'll say. (I'm a poet and didn't even know it!)
I'm wearing bright colors for the spring, lol. (Pink, purple, light blue, etc...)
And also, you don't have to wear rainbows. (Though I want a bracelet or something. Parental supervision ftl.)

X) for about 9 years I only wore black...
mainly because I was awful about matching clothes.
now I just buy things I like to wear.
my favourite shirt is a green/brown striped one.

yeah. parental supervision ftl...
but.. there your parents, *shrug* nothing you could do about it.
;) just move out for college I'll say.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
which by this definition I stop saying I was, I'm not a furry, I just hang out with Furries cause I like anthro animals but dont see myself as one now

I'm kind of in the inbetween stage of either just being an artist or being a furry.
I enjoy everything about furries, even fursuiting... but I remain indecisive.
mainly because I have characters and well... thats their realm. not mine. I'm more inclined to dress up as a frightening beast just to be weird and scare children than to dress up/act as a character.

could just be the depression speaking though.
*drinks a shot*

KiloCharlie

Tastes Like You Only Sweeter
okay, really. i wanna know more about this. i didn't post this is in rants and raves because, 1. it's not a rant
and
2. i want opinions outside of the soulless that reside in R&R.

why are furries SO set on "furry pride!"? and what is there to be proud of?

why do furries say this is something that isn't a choice, when it totally is?

and why do they get SO upset when everyone in the world doesn't accept them?

1. because it makes us unique...
2. it wasn't a choice for me... so i assume the same for the rest of us...
3. because of shows like CSI... and the news... i hate the news... it's so slanted... and they only show what sells... dosn't matter how true it is or isn't, so long as it sells... *continues rant elsewhere*

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
3. because of shows like CSI... and the news... i hate the news... it's so slanted... and they only show what sells... dosn't matter how true it is or isn't, so long as it sells... *continues rant elsewhere*

:/ aw gee.. that was my favourite episode.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES

KiloCharlie

Tastes Like You Only Sweeter
I can say this, it sorta is. "if you act on that, you made a choice to follow it."
that's not what they mean... a gay man can cover up that fact, but inside he still is gay... and for some people, that tears them up inside and they act on it... so no, you can't logically say that...