• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Society VS Your Fursona

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I now will also attend the "nekid rights" march after I attend the other ones. Nekid and proud >:v

Thrashy

The Drunk Skunk. Metal and Beer. FckNzs.
What species-specific accommodation would your fursona need to get around, or what might they need to be careful of considering other species/their surroundings? What might others find odd about your fursona's species?
Guess an anthro skunk could live anywhere.
Others would of course have to be careful to not jumpscare me. Otherwise they should hope for a bath in their accommodation :p

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
"Say I eat trash one more time and I will eat you like the god damn trash."

Thrashy

The Drunk Skunk. Metal and Beer. FckNzs.
Are skunks allowed on public transportation without a warning?
Yes! I mean we only stink if you'd try to throw us out! (Or well... You'd stink) :p
1. In real life, there are procedures to remove the glands from a skunk. Maybe it would be sort of a norm/tradition (for skunks of course) to remove the glands from a skunk at a young age, much like the real-life practice of circumcision.
NO!

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
How would dogs exist in an anthro world, considering the reason they evolved is because of us meddling humans? o_O now my brain hurts

Limedragon27

How would dogs exist in an anthro world, considering the reason they evolved is because of us meddling humans? o_O now my brain hurts

I always thought the same thing, I love anthro Dogs to death don't get me wrong, but it's kinda the reason I only add Wolves and say Coyotes and Jackals in worlds with anthros in it.

Limedragon27

When I make a world with anthros in it, either 100% or not, I add a lot of anthros but not all species, I also don't just stuff them all in one big nations with little to no worldbuilding. Of course, I don't leave behind mammals reptiles avians or aquatics, but still.

Paws the Gryphon

*Technically* an Opinicus
I would be classified as a vehicle, so I suppose I'd need insurance... that handy gecko fellow could help me.

Also not anthro for me, I've always been, always will be quite feral. :D

Shane the chocco doggo

Overly imaginative and lazy
One thing i would like to touch upon . clothes. Where would the material Manley wool come into play . Would it come from anthro sheep beings getting a haircut . I know you could say that clothes can be made from other fibres like plastic and bamboo and cotton but i was just mainly wondering about wool .

Also would therapy animals be a thing in an anthro world . Especially for those who find it hard to communicate and can only be comforted by a Therapy animal. or for those who are blind would they have a seeing eye dog .

Or for those who need an animal for comfort would anthros just get peted and let other anthros pet them especially those of us who are fluffy and love head pats . And could it become a job to be another anthros therapy animal / carer just without being put on a leash with a collar all the time . Technically that would be saw as kinky and that sort of thing would be in appropriate while working or on the job .

Oh and while im on the subject of collars and leashes

Would collars become a non kinky thing in an anthro world since they are for animals. Would it be a common thing to see anthros especially k9's with collars on with their name on the tag .

Last edited:

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
I always thought the same thing, I love anthro Dogs to death don't get me wrong, but it's kinda the reason I only add Wolves and say Coyotes and Jackals in worlds with anthros in it.
Another thing I didn't consider! Maybe they evolved out of selective breeding to fill niches in the workplace, the same way humans bred dogs for specific tasks, only of their own accord instead of the meddling of some other species? The same could go for draft horses and racehorses

When I make a world with anthros in it, either 100% or not, I add a lot of anthros but not all species, I also don't just stuff them all in one big nations with little to no worldbuilding. Of course, I don't leave behind mammals reptiles avians or aquatics, but still.
I often find it hard to include insect and aquatic characters, so I have to agree here. Aside from the more common ones I've seen (moths, mantids, bees), I've found there's just a general lack of appreciation for insect characters, and they're a lot harder to write in considering how strange insect behavior can seem compared to mammals---and unless the setting is underwater, I find it hard to include aquatic characters (unless the universe they're written into includes some kind of worldbuilding that allows them to function above water... or they're semi-aquatic)

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Guess an anthro skunk could live anywhere.
Others would of course have to be careful to not jumpscare me. Otherwise they should hope for a bath in their accommodation :p

Never been directly 'skunked', but I guess a skunk became roadkill a whole block away from my house and the whole place reeked for the rest of the night bad enough to give me a migraine. Imagine the kind of spray an anthro-sized skunk would have :eek:

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Using animal waste as manure would have a completely different meaning o_O

It's one way to save on your water bill if you don't want to flush. Stool donations, anyone? It's for... uh... *looks at writing on my hand* environmental purposes?

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
The concept of having one big massive town like in Beastars or Zootopia is pretty dumb. I assume it would be like real life, with larger city centers but still rural towns and stuff, plus differing nations and cultures.

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
The concept of having one big massive town like in Beastars or Zootopia is pretty dumb. I assume it would be like real life, with larger city centers but still rural towns and stuff, plus differing nations and cultures.
Frankly, I'd compare Zootopia to a city like LA or New York. Having grown up in LA County, LA and Hollywood are known as places where 'anyone can be anything' and people from all over come to pursue their dreams, just like Judy moving away from her rural town to become a police officer. It's diverse, fast-paced, and super urban, but suburbs and rural areas do definitely still exist

As for Beastars... Cherryton and its surrounding area remind me of a college town (a city or town dominated by the attending population of a local college or university)

Other places definitely do exist, but it's kind of unfortunate that there isn't much mention of the places beyond the main locations in those two sources

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Frankly, I'd compare Zootopia to a city like LA or New York. Having grown up in LA County, LA and Hollywood are known as places where 'anyone can be anything' and people from all over come to pursue their dreams, just like Judy moving away from her rural town to become a police officer. It's diverse, fast-paced, and super urban, but suburbs and rural areas do definitely still exist

As for Beastars... Cherryton and its surrounding area remind me of a college town (a city or town dominated by the attending population of a local college or university)

Other places definitely do exist, but it's kind of unfortunate that there isn't much mention of the places beyond the main locations in those two sources
Well in the real world, there is definitely more than just LA (I anti-stan LA) lol, so there should be more diversity in the structure of towns in media too. >.>

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Well in the real world, there is definitely more than just LA (I anti-stan LA) lol, so there should be more diversity in the structure of towns in media too. >.>
Precisely. I guess you can only do so much worldbuilding in the span of a single movie :/ It would be neat if they expanded more on Judy’s hometown at least. I’m glad Gideon got his little redemption arc though