• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Society VS Your Fursona

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
I figure insects would be easy to mass produce in factory farms. Anyone want a grasshopper patty?
People DO make chips and other snacks out of bugs... so it stands to reason someone would find a way to do it. Depending on who is and isn't anthropomorphic in your universe, you could also have seafood options, although overfishing is already a problem for humans even with fish farms

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
Miss me with that heterocentric dreamland

Not intending to be rude, but I guess the propositions are kind of amusing in that regard. They seem a bit more on the side of fantasies that are very particularly catered
No, I get you. Looking from the outside it seems weird to me too. When I made these types of systems up I was using real life as a model. As for the "purebred" thing, people already "pimp" their dogs, horses, etc already so I applied it to them as well. Think of it a "pseudo race" thing, yes?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Kit wouldn't need much in the way of special accommodations because canids are a dime a dozen. Pik, being a feral bird, has the manners of a seagull despite his human-ish intelligence. He would lack the ability and the desire to function in civilized society and would prefer to live like any other bird.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
No, I get you. Looking from the outside it seems weird to me too. When I made these types of systems up I was using real life as a model. As for the "purebred" thing, people already "pimp" their dogs, horses, etc already so I applied it to them as well. Think of it a "pseudo race" thing, yes?

Examples of how things work in real life are often the inspiration for how complex systems play out in fantasy. Of course, I think there are a few catches here, 1. Animals are thrust into a kill or be killed ecosystem 2. Animals are not as sentient/intelligent as people. So going off the argument of just being realistic, the circumstances differ quite vastly. Human society had eventually made the decision to not care about whether two women or men got married. This fact is no less realistic than the environment that fosters animal wildlife and its norms. As for the purebred thing, I think the same sort of thinking would likely apply to some degree.

This is awesome hehe

Ascendant is a feline, which makes up close to 20% of the anthro world she's in. She wouldn't need too many accommodations, in fact she is relatively vegetarian for a big cat.

But Tengu, my Thorndeer (Musk Deer x Thorny Devil) would have struggles with choosing a class since he is a mammal reptile hybrid. Like many, he just calls himself a "hybrid" when selecting it for any application or form. He definitely is mistaken for a dragon lol

Both are average sized in a canine/feline fit society (due to lack of other species voices in government roles)