• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Stereotypes/common Traits: Ones You Have, Ones You Don't

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
I noticed that the fandom as a whole seems to like Linkin Park and the BVB style bands

Who?!?

(just kidding. . .kind of)

I've heard some of their stuff but don't own any of their songs or albums and probably wouldn't be able to name one of their songs even if I heard it.

Then again, I'm probably far from being a "typical furry."

WideEyed

I actually have a deep interest in humanity. That's probably why I like anthros so much in the first place. Some people see anthropomorphism as a way to make humans more like animals, but I personally see it as a way to make animals more like humans.

I don't know... is it weird that I take pride in being a human?

BUT HE'S SO BAD

He's done a few decent tracks. Reptile's Theme will forever be my jam. Rock n Roll was great too.

But yeah, he's pretty terrible even for brostep. His only bearable stuff is when he does electro house.

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
I actually have a deep interest in humanity. That's probably why I like anthros so much in the first place. Some people see anthropomorphism as a way to make humans more like animals, but I personally see it as a way to make animals more like humans.

I don't know... is it weird that I take pride in being a human?

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think everyone takes pride in being human to some extent though.

He's done a few decent tracks. Reptile's Theme will forever be my jam. Rock n Roll was great too.

But yeah, he's pretty terrible even for brostep. His only bearable stuff is when he does electro house.

I still like Skrillex's stuff from the My Name Is Skrillex EP and Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.
I think if he had pursued the electro house stuff he had going on there, I'd still be listening to his new material.

And is it just me, or do a lot of furries in particular like Savant?

alice stomkitty

yeah its wierd, when i went to my frist convention, well it was a bbq and there was less then fifty people. Everyone pretty much treated me like i was a member of their fsmily, witch is new to me becuse i never really had friends before. This was just when i was new to the fandom and thats what keeps me here the overwhelming sense of family

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
^^Well, people who aren't overly nice or ingratiating, for example, or people who wouldn't particularly describe themselves as having experienced incredible pain in the past.

I have noticed that a significant number of furries would describe themselves as having been bullied or rejected in the past, and that a number do indeed come across as intensely, overly or even, desperately friendly or nice.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
^^Well, people who aren't overly nice or ingratiating, for example, or people who wouldn't particularly describe themselves as having experienced incredible pain in the past.

I have noticed that a significant number of furries would describe themselves as having been bullied or rejected in the past, and that a number do indeed come across as intensely, overly or even, desperately friendly or nice.

Everybody thinks they're a fundamentally nice person, who has struggled in spite of adversity, though. Even when it's clearly false.

Most of us view ourselves as 'the underdog'; it's just part of the human condition. Nobody describes themselves an arsehole who has failed in spite of being handed opportunity on a silver platter.