• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Video Games/Cartoons

~secret~

Banned
Banned
I was sorting through my old Mega Drive games last night when it hit me, about 80% of the games I own star anthro animals. All sorts of platformers, RPGs and fighting games.

Then I started remembering all the other dusty remnants of my childhood, and I recalled a lot of cartoons with anthro characters and lets not forget Disney.

What this means is that I think everyone who grew up in the 90's was basically raised a furry, what does everyone think?

hmm i know one furry game but i dont know if it is
Sly Raccon 2 : Band Of The Theives

G

Greenbunny45

I remember playing the Croc games and there was an adventure game for the PC (LucasArts I think) that I can't quite remember ATM.

Ride_the_Lightning

RTL for short (obviously...)
Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Bubsy, Donkey Kong, Altered Beast...

Snagglepuss, Secret Squirrel, TMNT, Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw...

dammit...

BritFoxx

The Hat Man
Croc, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon... yeah I might veyr well agree with you!

Although some of them right now might hate the whole sort of furry thing, when nostalgia hits in, we've won :D

Ride_the_Lightning

RTL for short (obviously...)
I miss animal-people in the modern-day media. What was wrong with that.

Well, it used to be common in fables, and then in cartoons (WB, Disney, Hanna-Barbera), and then in video games (Sonic, Bubsy, etc.) since people never thought you could have sex with them. And now, when people have learned you can have sex with them, everybody avoids using them out of fear to be labeled as a furry cartoon that infects children with their sick fetish. The only things they do use are the old characters, but new ones? Nope.

Also, remember when it was funny for male cartoon characters to dress as women to trick their foes (Bugs, Scooby, Mickey, and so on)? What happened to that trend?

Kano

Beatlemaniac
Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, and a whole bunch of Disney movies ^^;

~secret~

Banned
Banned
Croc, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon... yeah I might veyr well agree with you!

Although some of them right now might hate the whole sort of furry thing, when nostalgia hits in, we've won :D

We could probably use that to convince people we're not sickos, instead we can all be childish and nostalgic. Sums me up pretty well, time to crack out the Sonic 2:).

AnyaDServal

Pack Guar
I love the argonians in Morrowind, but not the ones in Oblivion, because they look 'tarded.

Yes, I am a Morrowind fanatic XD

zwei

Da dork
It is easier to portrait the personality of a non-human than a human and get away with it. In TV, one can make a furry or robot a schizophrenia, and most viewers will just laugh at them, while using that on a human cartoon character will invite complaints and criticisms, and even lawsuits, just because it is considered an insult to those who had that illness. That is why most of the cartoons which stars human are always sane and predictable, and the bad guys are typical too, from crazy human outcasts to furries and monsters. Just my 2cents

Hippotaur2

Fat Hippo
What this means is that I think everyone who grew up in the 90's was basically raised a furry, what does everyone think?

I think you're correct...however it's been going on for quite some time.

I grew up in the 70s...there were all the characters in Warner Bros./Hanna Barbera/Disney cartoons...especially Jungle Book, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Beanie & Cecil, Gumby & Pokey, Winnie The Pooh, The Banana Splits...there was Richard Scary's "What Do People Do All Day" - a totally furry childrens' book.

We just didn't have that whole extra dimension of video games until the 80s...

~secret~

Banned
Banned
I think you're correct...however it's been going on for quite some time.

I grew up in the 70s...there were all the characters in Warner Bros./Hanna Barbera/Disney cartoons...especially Jungle Book, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Beanie & Cecil, Gumby & Pokey, Winnie The Pooh, The Banana Splits...there was Richard Scary's "What Do People Do All Day" - a totally furry childrens' book.

We just didn't have that whole extra dimension of video games until the 80s...

So basically everyone who likes cartoons has been exposed to furry and liked it. Do you know when Disney's Robin Hood was released? Me and my dad still love that film, sometimes I hear him whistling some music from it:).

fx1

Well, at least CGI animations utilize a lot of furry characters these days, even if everyone else seems to be avoiding them.

G

Glennjam

Never really played any furry video games ( unless sonic counts x3 ) but I have watched alot of cartoons, Like Swat Kats for example.

~secret~

Banned
Banned
What? It's like most of them, Ratatouille, Over the Hedge, etc. Those with no furry characters are in the minority.

Ah right, I stopped paying attention to films like that years ago. I'm nostalgic for classic Disney films and I think today these type of films all seem the same to me.

Never really played any furry video games ( unless sonic counts x3 ) but I have watched alot of cartoons, Like Swat Kats for example.

As far as I'm concerned Sonic IS furry gaming, his only downside is Tails. (But seriously, what kind of teenager hangs out with a 9 year old boy:confused:)

Last edited:
G

Glennjam

Ah right, I stopped paying attention to films like that years ago. I'm nostalgic for classic Disney films and I think today these type of films all seem the same to me.

I agree =P

As far as I'm concerned Sonic IS furry gaming, his only downside is Tails. (But seriously, what kind of teenager hangs out with a 9 year old boy:confused:)
Tails was an unnecessary character, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

fx1

Is it because you don't like CGI/current art style, or what? Yes, they are very different from the classic Disney films, but still good, in my opinion. You shouldn't bury yourself in nostalgia, just try some Pixar films ;)

~secret~

Banned
Banned
I agree =P

Tails was an unnecessary character, in my opinion.

As much as I hate him he can be put to good use:). Start a normal game of Sonic 2 and have a friend play with you as Tails, and whoever gets the capsule at the end of the level has to play the bj game. As Sonic, hold up on the d-pad and have Tails stand close to him and have your friend press down rapidly. Makes for many a lol.

Is it because you don't like CGI/current art style, or what? Yes, they are very different from the classic Disney films, but still good, in my opinion. You shouldn't bury yourself in nostalgia, just try some Pixar films ;)

I used to like a few of them, but now it feels as if there's a new film with animals released every few weeks. Might give some newer ones a go though, don't want to miss out.

G

Glennjam

As much as I hate him he can be put to good use:). Start a normal game of Sonic 2 and have a friend play with you as Tails, and whoever gets the capsule at the end of the level has to play the bj game. As Sonic, hold up on the d-pad and have Tails stand close to him and have your friend press down rapidly. Makes for many a lol.

Lol, nice. In the games he was useful, you could use him to fly up to difficult to get places, that was always handy, I really meant in the cartoon, not so much in Sonic X, yes in the first toon ( I dont even really like his first cartoon anyway :p ) but i guess he was okay in SATAM, but I still dislike him lol x3