• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry...what is it? ::My Opinion::

fwLogCGI

NomeKo

Wow,wow,WOW, stop it right there, first of all... do you guys ever sleep? xD im just kiddin, just that there's like a post evry 20 mins or less...

anyway, im not crazy, and i don't think im crazy, im just a relaxed person, i kind see things in life the best way possible, if you guys think that Animals and Persons are just living beengs created to live and die, man.. that's not cool, i think that, here i go again:

--People at the beginin of time, used to go hunting with wolf, then we envolved, creating houses, war betwen us, that we FORGOT about animals, we start thinking of a whole new way, and yes, we've change...

I don't you guys, but im not christian , have my own religion, based of my faith and experience, and maybe im in wrong place to share this...

anyway, i'll continue, humans envolved, they,we,didn't come from heaven, if you think so, allright, i don't mess up with you...

humans envolved like animals, from cells, each cells combined and created a small brain, after MANY TIMES, they mannaged to create more and more necesities, like, when we were cavemans, we used to think in eat, and sleep, then we found that caves, are good to get a warm night, after that, we start buildings houses(yeah, im skiping a lot of stuff from envolving, this is not biology class) and that took many many many! years...

But, before we start thinking of money and more money, and houses and money with food to get money, we used to fund the food ourself, we're destinited to belive in something, pll used to drug themself to speak to the gods, that we don't know if was imagination or w.e. magic and alchemic was just quimic in that time...

what im triying to say, is that we NEED something to belive in, im not speaking of i think im a (for example) a cat and I want to be trated as one, im a fraking human, and im used to that, send me to the wild life and i die in one week, for sure... xD

So, religion was used as a power b4, evryone was afraid to GOD, THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM,FATHER OF EVRYTHING, and yes, in that time, evryone was, then, ppl started to think:

"why am i afraid of something i can't see?"

and then religion was falling before science, but then, ppl realised, that if you don't belive in anything, you fell bad... somehow... I DARE YOU TO TRY IT, go with a friend, and tell him directly, man... i don't belive in anything, and i swear you will fell something very funny, if not, is because you still belive

My first post was meant to say my opinion, of the connection i fell to close animals, named as pets, and before was hunting parthers, if you don't or never had a pet, it's okay if you atleast had a familiar or frind with it, haha

and now, something that really pissed me off is:

--Why do you say im mentally bad? someone mentally can't write something like this, or can't even understand it, if they close their minds, won't get it

guys, we all use only the 10 to 12 % of our mental capatibility, and im not saying i have the 13% or nothing like that, just that we used to hanve only the 2% becouse we just wanted to fill ur prim. necesities like Water
and food...

--The conscious is one thing, , subconscious is the other...

im not a phicologist to explain this, but what i've researched is...

we know how to fell reality, because our conscious allows us to, and we've mannaged to fell reality as it is, and understand it, i cannot really tell what subconsicious is, but i only know that i don't know what it is, it's a mistery, experiments can't yet tell what we're thinking, not computer or sofware can, until we all become reobots :D

--I don't meant to say about beacoming a furry, i wanted to discover what it was, why i felt this connection to all those humanised animals, beeing just humans with animal instinct

i tough many times that "if we can hear as a bat, see as a Halcon, run as a chetaa, we would be the greatest beeing in the world!

I had a friend that want to be biology, he's a Damn crazy scientist with the idea of curate the SIDA by killing evryone with it...

i told him my idea, of perhaps, cirurgy may find a way to create this beeing, maybe with Genitic mod. or just remplacing our organs with anumal organs, and he told me:

"Man, that would be cool, shame that they're all diferents, forget the idea of remplacing your eyes with Halcon one, becouse first, they're to small for your skull. you won't see with them, perhaps you will need to get used to them, and i don't think so..."

after many stuff we spoke he told me that Mutation, Genitic morph, is intresting, but sick, and he may try it... and maybe get a new humanoid that can resist to most of diseases... etc etc (i don't want to post his whole idea here hehe....)

i never and i repeat, never wishet to beacome furry, becouse we've been fishes, rats and monkeys to our way here, but i want to know and unleash my mind, be able to see things and fell them as i want to, and if that's the meaning of crazy, so yeah, i'am, and so? if i archive it, would be cool, haha

Most writers, Genious and artist has perhaps think this before, and keept it to theirself, or awaiting a answer of it, withoud asking...

they're creative persons. i don't like super math genious, i like creative pll, with imagination and knoledge, good ideas come... you can be a Math or Scince genious, but if you only say what the book say, i don't care, why do i want to learn somethin that is writen, if i can rean that when i need to?...just becouse of the time you need, and to inspite yourslef...

so yeah, my post are like theis, and most when i think im dealing with smart ppl, but actually, i fell most of commets was... critiques... human really liketo blame each other, and that's how we're, but i want to change that, ppl want to, and the other blames them for that, haha

Just so say what dosn't really have a point here is:

Grammar: like i said before, and im from Spain, all my life has beein in, you guess, Spainish, if you found someone that speaks inglish in spain, you're lucky :D

Lack of reality: I say that im not crazy, animals mannage to live togheter in their way to survive, we no longer need to survive, we only live, so we create our own war, and yes, the world need war becouse we can't yet found peace... sry, that's the true

green eggs and quotrs: i really think that most of ppl ddin't read the whole thing i write, and neither won't here, is easy to post something realated to the last comment, so it make scence...

Commetary Knowledge: 2%, most of comments were just saying that furry was a fetish, yeah, i know that, i found it like that, and im not talking to furry like a life form, my consept of furry is dif. from all of you, and perhaps evryone has their own concept of furry and that;s ok, but is not really nesesay to reapeat the same coment over and over with dif. words, im not used to quote, but there's alot of comments that made sence, and corrected me, critique me and told me their opinon,

NOW THAT'S WHAT A FOURM IS FOR

Some comments pissed me off becouse of that, Repeat, Call me crazy, and more unecesary stuff... like grammar, im not perfect, i thanks the corrections, but no need to use a WHOLE COMMENT just for that...

If you read it, thanks, if you don't, it's ok, but please try to make comments with atleast 40 letters, it's a fourm, not a chat with 3 min. delay

thanks again, and please, i tough i may found ppl with mercy and love, but it seems i was wrong, most of like to attack, more like Mathematics or Scientist (i don't have nothing against them) nor like artist...

This is MADNESS!

Madness?...

You're right... but i still kick you into the pit!

Random joke FTW :D!! (if you don't like it PLEASE do not make a drama out of it...)

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
COUNTERPOINT!

Opinion!

I found your description of furry to be quite interesting, and mirrors some views of my own. Whether or not this is entirely normal is not up for debate. It's not. It's strange, and many would consider this to be an escape from reality. It may be.

One thing I don't like is your description of autism as a disease. I have known many, good, autistic people, and it's simply a different way of brain organization. I like to think of it as walking a line between reality and...something else. Maybe something more, which is what I like to think.

And something else I think...people need to be a little more tolerant. There are days when I am ashamed to call myself human. My issues with the human race as a whole are not part of this, but...you don't have to support him, people, but for goodness sake, don't tar and feather the poor guy. He opened his soul, and this is what he gets? *shakes head*

I do support you, though. Hope you find happiness.

I have heard Autism described as a disease on here many times.

And OP USE FLAMIN SPELL CHECKER all those spelling errors and typos are making my headache worse when I read it! I gave up half way through!

MetroidBob

Is all write.
I'm... not actually sure what you said. You've used so many words to say so little, but damned if I really know what that was.

But humans don't use only 10-12% of their brains. This rumor started when we were just getting started in exploring the mysteries of the brain. We know now that we use ALL of it, just not ALL of it at once. But, I'm no neurologist, and won't go into further detail easily found with a bit of research.

But honestly, most people don't want to take the time to read all of what you've written, so I would suggest condensing your important points/counterpoints into a "tl;dr" (too long;didn't read) version. A summary, if you will.

And we are aware that, English being a second language, you will make mistakes. But, many of these mistakes can be corrected by using the built-in spell-check feature here. Heck, Firefox web browser will check your spelling as you type, as well. I use it, and find it rather handy. (http://www.mozilla.org)

Most humans need something to believe in as a means of self-preservation. Why keep getting out of bed each day, creeping closer to death through a miserable existence if you didn't think you were entitled to some reward? Humans like control, as well. They don't want to believe life is truly random. They don't want to accept their stupid mistakes, or ultimate meaninglessness, when they can say somebody they have no control over is pulling their strings, be it some god or devil or extraterrestrial spirit.

Anyway, I don't want to go off on a "pro-evolution, anti-religion" rant here...

But I don't believe that everyone needs something to believe in. I just figure people drag themselves along, moment by miserable moment, day by torturous day, because evolution tells us to. I figure it all boils down to that. And I'm kind of interested to see where it goes. Almost makes me sorry I don't believe in an afterlife. ;)

Tl;dr version: Summarize your points. Use spell-checker(s). Humans suck. Evolution for the win.

NomeKo

Roger that, i think i'll start using my FireFox a bit more... *sigh*

Well, at least I see a good post, and yeah, the thing is that i made my 1st post just to say my opinion, and i saw so many comments that left me stunt...

While im typing, many ideas come to my head, but I try to keep in the same point, so i go out the line... some times I try to explain something with may words because i can't find a better way to say it... 'cause I don't own the language, but i try to do my best

I'll try to keep my posts smaller and direct...

Just try :D

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Roger that, i think i'll start using my FireFox a bit more... *sigh*

Well, at least I see a good post, and yeah, the thing is that i made my 1st post just to say my opinion, and i saw so many comments that left me stunt...

While im typing, many ideas come to my head, but I try to keep in the same point, so i go out the line... some times I try to explain something with may words because i can't find a better way to say it... 'cause I don't own the language, but i try to do my best

I'll try to keep my posts smaller and direct...

Just try :D

Your English is good, spelling is a bit off, and I will now go kick myself for not noticing you were not English >.<.

NomeKo

lol, thanks...? I guess that mean Im at the half of the way to master the grammar, but still much to learn

oh, and sry for getting out of the topic :-/

twelvestring

The howling wolf
Nomeko, I think I agree with most of your Ideas. You seem to be a true thinker, with an open mind for science and spirituality. Most people make the mistake of thinking these ideas cannot be mixed. And sadly most people prefer to lash out with hate if they see a different view than their own. I hope the language barrier does not slow communication because I love your concepts and would like to here more.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Humans suck.
You had me until these two words. For shame, Metroid.

Furry is not a spirituality, to anyone who thinks it is. At least, it's no more a spirituality than model train collecting. You're looking online at pictures of animals with human bits. Maybe you look at those offline too while a box of tissues is nearby, or you dress up in a fursuit for whatever reason. But you don't have a connection with an "animal self" (even if you did, this would not be Furry but something else entirely). Being a furry did not change your life, unless you were living in a social vacuum. It's a hobby, plain and simple.

Kitsune Dzelda

Hmmmm.......

Attaman

I never knew they had such a nice history, then again Wikipedia must keep a strict guard on this page or trolls brown-nosing furries people will mess it up.

Fixed. It seems to shift constantly between "OMG TEH FANDOM IS TEH BEST EVAR THEY ARE ALL LOLIPOPS AND SUNSHINE AND BETTER THAN MUNDANES" to "HEY KID YOU WANNA SEE YIFF?".

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

MetroidBob

Is all write.
You had me until these two words. For shame, Metroid.

Furry is not a spirituality, to anyone who thinks it is. At least, it's no more a spirituality than model train collecting. You're looking online at pictures of animals with human bits. Maybe you look at those offline too while a box of tissues is nearby, or you dress up in a fursuit for whatever reason. But you don't have a connection with an "animal self" (even if you did, this would not be Furry but something else entirely). Being a furry did not change your life, unless you were living in a social vacuum. It's a hobby, plain and simple.

Forgot my massive sarcasm tags. Lemme try again.

[sarcasm]I hate you all, you can all burn in the fiery depths of the center of a red dwarf star in a never-ending torrent of pain and misery for all time.[/sarcasm]

No, you guys are pretty alright, on an individual basis. I'm just misanthropic towards human existence in general.

Attaman

Forgot my massive sarcasm tags. Lemme try again.
Oh no, the second half wasn't directed at you. Only the tiny first paragraph.

I'm just misanthropic towards human existence in general.
:( Why do you hurt me Metroid? Is it because we shot you with an Ice Beam? Do you miss your Mother Brain?

MetroidBob

Is all write.
Oh no, the second half wasn't directed at you. Only the tiny first paragraph.

:( Why do you hurt me Metroid? Is it because we shot you with an Ice Beam? Do you miss your Mother Brain?

I just forgot to edit out the second paragraph.

But yes, I hate being cold and miss my mother's warm, tendrily embrace. What fun we would have together draining the life forces of hapless "adventurers" and "heroes".

Plus, blowing up our planets isn't too appreciated, either. We're probably some sort of endangered species now.

Last edited:

Attaman

I just forgot to edit out the second paragraph.
Or you were using it as bait, knowing it would attract me and my precious life-essence!

You crafty parasitic devil.

Plus, blowing up our planets isn't too appreciated, either. We're probably some sort of endangered species now.
Nonsense, there's bound to be lots of you... being used as weapons by the Space Pirates.