• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry...what is it? ::My Opinion::

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Stopped reading after seeing Spirtual

for the fucksakes time

Furry isn't spirtual

its folks who like anthropomorphic characters and do note I use Anthro not furry >[

MetroidBob

Is all write.
Stopped reading after seeing Spirtual

for the fucksakes time

Furry isn't spirtual

its folks who like anthropomorphic characters and do note I use Anthro not furry >[

Well, you'd want to more specificallu use "anthropomorphic animal", because you could as easily have a character who is an anthropomorphic Companion Cube, as anthropomorphic means just giving something human qualities.

But I do like to use "anthropomorphic animals" instead of saying "furries" sometimes, if I want to specify between the fandom and their characters.

NomeKo

I was looking for that answer long ago, Furry is The art of humanized Animals?
so then, what i meant by Furry is really "anthropomorphic animals"?
mhmm... i was searching in the Internet but it dosn't fill the compleate meaning of what this topic is meant about... i think im looking one Word to define what is this bound that i fell to this "humanized animals"...

Well, i think it's perhaps Spiritual, but i don't meant to say that is with the furry Art, i mean i fell a Spiritual bound with a "Missing Word" T_T

MetroidBob

Is all write.
As others may have suggested, you might try researching "Otherkin" or "Therian".

Putting these words into Google turns up safe results, worry not. The links seemed to be quite informative.

Shadow

Likes to Create
I was looking for that answer long ago, Furry is The art of humanized Animals?
so then, what i meant by Furry is really "anthropomorphic animals"?
mhmm... i was searching in the Internet but it dosn't fill the compleate meaning of what this topic is meant about... i think im looking one Word to define what is this bound that i fell to this "humanized animals"...

Well, i think it's perhaps Spiritual, but i don't meant to say that is with the furry Art, i mean i fell a Spiritual bound with a "Missing Word" T_T

Here's this short vid I made simplifying what furry is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f-jrhe-gs4

Spiritual = Otherkin/Therian depending on your way of participating.

NomeKo

Yay... Now that was kinda informative... so, like i said b4, Furry is the Art of humanized animals, but I did knew this long ago, i was wondering why i fell atracted to all those Humanized Animals... i think im goin to search about all this concept mentioned here.. maybe i'll find out what im looking for :D

EDIT

To avoid spami edited this post,

I allready read about this Otherkin/Therian, they still are just a part of it, maybe i'll never found what is that connection, maybe it is spiritual bound awakening like i read on some comments...

I don't get something... Many ppl before said that they're not furry and they will never want to be one... now i wonder...

there are so many TF things... Many Hypnosis... magical stuff....comments of ppl wanting to be furry, now, Why on this fourm, I suppose that is one of the biggest Fourms about furry, ppl say that they don't want tobe one, that it's sick, if on DA, almost evrycomment on a TF is "I would like to be him" or something like that, isn't this fourm supposed to talk about Furry Affinity? and furry is more than Art if you ask me, I just wonder that... if this is furry affinity, and someone post about becoming an animal/furry, evryone comes out and say that's sick, crazy or "useless question *smashed head*" wtf with that?

Now tell me, if this is a fourm about ARTIST and ARTWORK and stuff like that, just tell me, I join here because i saw many intresting topics while looking on google, and.. something really funny... is that ppl actually act like animals...sometimes hah...

well, maybe im trying to look to resolve some Chemistry problem on a Physics book, by this i mean that im, perhaps, i nthe wrong place to look for answer, if that's so, im not talking about leaving the fourm, just that i'll just start... Barking arround like evryone does (by quoting and sayin ROLF or insulting the comments of others)

that's all, thanks for reading :D

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
EDIT

To avoid spami edited this post,

I allready read about this Otherkin/Therian, they still are just a part of it, maybe i'll never found what is that connection, maybe it is spiritual bound awakening like i read on some comments...

Otherkin and Therians dislike to the point of hating furries. Calling one a furry can be considered an insult. :V
But they are not furries at all.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
>>Wow,wow,WOW, stop it right there, first of all... do you guys ever sleep? xD im just kiddin, just that there's like a post evry 20 mins or less...

*facepalm*
this is a forum, not a corpse.

NomeKo

yeah , i watched a few vids of that in YouTube, and there was a fight betwen one Otherkin and one Furry hehe...

I do think that Otherkin of perhaps the closesest concept of what im looking for, but Im not realated to dragons, and less that the "Dragon created the world and we're all dragons inside.. " i may agree the fact that we all have an inner animal or beast inside us, most of us want it to be one specie, gender etc, but that's not the point...

i don't have anything against Otherkin, and i do like the Therian theory, that's all i can say now ;)

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
yeah , i watched a few vids of that in YouTube, and there was a fight betwen one Otherkin and one Furry hehe...

I do think that Otherkin of perhaps the closesest concept of what im looking for, but Im not realated to dragons, and less that the "Dragon created the world and we're all dragons inside.. " i may agree the fact that we all have an inner animal or beast inside us, most of us want it to be one specie, gender etc, but that's not the point...

i don't have anything against Otherkin, and i do like the Therian theory, that's all i can say now ;)

all of them arent dragons... that's just what one says.

yeah, what I think you're talking about are otherkin/therians and not furry.

furry isnt very deep.

twelvestring

The howling wolf
Furry has a very broad definition. I think of it like football fans. You got some that just like the game. Some watch the game and feel that they should have been a football star. And I'm sure some dress in their favorite jersey for sex games.

Otherkin/therians can be furry. I've met plenty on faf. It's a very large spectrum and It's good to see someone trying to define them self.

Does anyone else think this kid rocks? He's really asking himself some tough questions.

twelvestring

The howling wolf
...such as?
Most people here when asked what furry means to them or how did they get into the fandom. They'll more often then not, blow off the question. "I watched cartoons as a child" or some shit. Anything to avoid the realization that they are part of a slightly eccentric fandom. I think it's refreshing to see someone try to find them self. Like someone said earlier, his socratic method is impressive.

CryusFrey

For me furry is an individual conception. take 5-6 different person that like furry and everyone will give a different answer. this coz everyone as his own way of thinking. So there are people that look at it as a spiritual way and other as just a hobby. and that's ok otherwise that would mean that we have minds that work like a ordinary cpu with pre-existings rules and commands. but i will make a simple question? to the people who said that the hispanic guy was sick ecc.
why the hell you registered in this forum?
1- he only expressed his own opinion
2- you're not god or whatever and say his sick or what. as i said first everyone has his own way of thinking so actually we could say that everyone as conception of reality that works only for him so we're living in a world wih lots of realities fused in one and when this idea of reality doesn't mach there are war and stuff like that.

So make this question to yourself.

Do i really know if my way of thinking it's the right one? or i'm just imposing it to others?

Vatz

OH MAH GAWD
>>Wow,wow,WOW, stop it right there, first of all... do you guys ever sleep? xD im just kiddin, just that there's like a post evry 20 mins or less...

*facepalm*
this is a forum, not a corpse.

I don't ever sleep on weekends...it's 4:47 right now where I am.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
That was the most awesome thing I have read here in the forum, and I read it all lol. And yeah, I was the same way. Only I found my furry form through trying to draw it for 10 years and constantly trying to visualize it consciously. My avatar is the result of it.

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Furry's nothing more than a hobby and a way to make friends. If it's much more than that to you, maybe you need a wee bit of fresh air.

NomeKo

Lol, like i said b4 o, forget it, I will only say that furry is the invention of some kid's cartoon or fetish stuff, remember the movie Space Jam? that basketball movie with bugs bunny? well, there ws a pink bunny ( don't ask me things of warner bros, im not they fan hehe...)
that... damn...(you know what i mean :D) so, I saw that movie like 2 weeks ago, and that consept came to my head... so yeah i thing the closeste is like the otherkin, but im otherkind of otherkin, I swear that im looking, but the internet is not really helping me, i need to think my tag words carefully, maybe it dosn't really exist...yet.

Last edited: