• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furry Writers Guild

Poetigress

Panthera tigris libris
It's already been stated that this won't be a site for people to post their work, so I would assume stories are not going to be hosted there, and things like rating systems, quality control, etc., aren't going to be an issue. A story of the month could be done simply as a link to wherever the story is posted.

I agree that a up-to-date list of furry markets seeking submissions, modeled on the Writer's Market type of listing, has been sorely needed for a long time, and that's something I might be able to volunteer to help with (using foozzzball's thread here as a starting point). (I'll also see if I can send you some various resource-type links, though work has been... odd lately so I'm shorter on time than usual. :/)

Other than that, I'd like to eventually see a member-only forum of some kind. I think it's good to focus right now on elements of the site that will be available to everyone, but membership should provide some benefits that aren't available generally, and a forum might be the simplest one to implement in the near future.

duroc

I agree that a up-to-date list of furry markets seeking submissions, modeled on the Writer's Market type of listing, has been sorely needed for a long time, and that's something I might be able to volunteer to help with (using foozzzball's thread here as a starting point). (I'll also see if I can send you some various resource-type links, though work has been... odd lately so I'm shorter on time than usual. :/)

Other than that, I'd like to eventually see a member-only forum of some kind. I think it's good to focus right now on elements of the site that will be available to everyone, but membership should provide some benefits that aren't available generally, and a forum might be the simplest one to implement in the near future.

The writer's market is the area of the site which I'm trying to focus the most attention on while the general layout is being constructed. I've mostly been using foozzzball's thread and doing some random internet searches to find other venues and see which current ones are up to date; but if there's anything you'd like to add, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The members only forum is another thing I'd like to put together, it's mostly just a matter of finding out which is the best forum site for such an application. That, and I also need to hurry up and decide on membership criteria. *sighs* Working on a website takes more effort than I thought.

Perri_Rhoades

I've moderated a Furry Writers Workshop for years now. Though I've never considered it successful. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Furry_Writers_Workshop/?yguid=31033604

As a Furry Writer, the main things I've found myself in need of are collaborators, illustrators and readers that give feedback. Others would probably be interested in publishing options and advice.

If you do start a Furry Writers Guild, I would most certainly be interested in joining to contribute whatever I can.