• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furryland Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaannnd this is why I don’t use discord often

I

Infrarednexus

I'm on this server. It's actually a really fun and chill place to be. All you have to do is follow the rules and not be a dick to staff or other users. It's honestly that simple.

Alv

Banned
Banned
I'm on this server. It's actually a really fun and chill place to be. All you have to do is follow the rules and not be a dick to staff or other users. It's honestly that simple.

You'll excuse my skepticism. This entire thread appears to be full of drama from many different people related to this server. Where there's smoke, there is fire.

I

Infrarednexus

You'll excuse my skepticism. This entire thread appears to be full of drama from many different people related to this server. Where there's smoke, there is fire.
I have never experienced the problems these other people have mentioned, and I've been on this server for months.

I

ilovejackals

Hmmm... That Discord server doesn't sound like fun.

It wasn't they been nothing but creep's to the owner of a discord i mainly use and with few users too with unfair/dense bans. It's top cringe on how fucking childish the FL staff are bunny is 39, sounds like a paranoid/insecure teen.

A

aloveablebunny

It wasn't they been nothing but creep's to the owner of a discord i mainly use and with few users too with unfair/dense bans. It's top cringe on how fucking childish the FL staff are bunny is 39, sounds like a paranoid/insecure teen.

I'm 28, by the way. Please get it right if you want to try to insult me or make character judgements against me. I like how I am deemed "paranoid/insecure" for not being afraid to put my foot down against individuals who have some pointless vendetta out against people because they didn't get what they wanted... over a discord server. And who's this person we're all supposedly being "creep's" to? As far as I know, we're not going around in a group and harassing others, unless this is somehow being accomplished in our sleep.

I tried to join and I thought something happened because the server icon disappeared from my list suddenly. I asked someone and they said it sounded like they banned me for no reason. So umm I'd say you're correct...

You weren't banned. The invite you used is no longer active, so if you tried to reuse it, it wouldn't have worked. If you'd like to believe the petty crap being thrown around, go right ahead.

-----

Wherever there is a community (of any topic or commonality), certain kinds of people will lose their shit (and their common sense too) over trivial things. Some people feel entitled to know every last detail of situations they were not a part of, and if they don't get that info, they will cry "Injustice! Unfair! Bullies!" and so on. Some people also love revenge, and feel as though "making people pay" by trying to slander names and ruin reputations is the appropriate way to react to trivial things.

What I personally am still trying to wrap my head around is why people think it's so important to make such a huge deal over a virtual chatroom. 95% of these people you'll never meet face to face, and so somehow the guise of "anonymity" emboldens people to behave on impulse, emotion, the need to be "right" no matter what. The ability to "hide" oneself makes certain people think they can get away with behaving in certain ways, without any actual negative consequences. What happens if you remove the element of anonymity and put people face to face offline? Are they going to be so bold as to repeat the same behavior, having to actually sit and face the people they are trying to "overthrow"? But it's 100% fine and acceptable to do that here, or on Discord, or any other online community - to throw a tantrum and attack others while claiming that they're attacking you, to try to seek revenge, to make a big deal out of *nothing*, and to hop in when you have absolutely no valid context of the situation to pretend like you know what happened.

Nothing is ever owed to anyone, and problems occur when people believe that the opposite is the case. I have no shame in confronting users whose sole modus operandi is to instigate and/or propagate unnecessary drama, especially over a matter that included biased views and left out context, and especially something that breaks not only one of the rules on these forums, but the Terms of Service of the service that this was brought over from. I don't really give two shits if doing so means that people who aren't involved want to make an opinion and pick sides. I'm replying for the purpose of addressing incorrect assumptions and accusations that hold no actual merit.

Alv

Banned
Banned
I'm 28, by the way. Please get it right if you want to try to insult me or make character judgements against me. I like how I am deemed "paranoid/insecure" for not being afraid to put my foot down against individuals who have some pointless vendetta out against people because they didn't get what they wanted... over a discord server. And who's this person we're all supposedly being "creep's" to? As far as I know, we're not going around in a group and harassing others, unless this is somehow being accomplished in our sleep.

You weren't banned. The invite you used is no longer active, so if you tried to reuse it, it wouldn't have worked. If you'd like to believe the petty crap being thrown around, go right ahead.

-----

Wherever there is a community (of any topic or commonality), certain kinds of people will lose their shit (and their common sense too) over trivial things. Some people feel entitled to know every last detail of situations they were not a part of, and if they don't get that info, they will cry "Injustice! Unfair! Bullies!" and so on. Some people also love revenge, and feel as though "making people pay" by trying to slander names and ruin reputations is the appropriate way to react to trivial things.

What I personally am still trying to wrap my head around is why people think it's so important to make such a huge deal over a virtual chatroom. 95% of these people you'll never meet face to face, and so somehow the guise of "anonymity" emboldens people to behave on impulse, emotion, the need to be "right" no matter what. The ability to "hide" oneself makes certain people think they can get away with behaving in certain ways, without any actual negative consequences. What happens if you remove the element of anonymity and put people face to face offline? Are they going to be so bold as to repeat the same behavior, having to actually sit and face the people they are trying to "overthrow"? But it's 100% fine and acceptable to do that here, or on Discord, or any other online community - to throw a tantrum and attack others while claiming that they're attacking you, to try to seek revenge, to make a big deal out of *nothing*, and to hop in when you have absolutely no valid context of the situation to pretend like you know what happened.

Nothing is ever owed to anyone, and problems occur when people believe that the opposite is the case. I have no shame in confronting users whose sole modus operandi is to instigate and/or propagate unnecessary drama, especially over a matter that included biased views and left out context, and especially something that breaks not only one of the rules on these forums, but the Terms of Service of the service that this was brought over from . I don't really give two shits if doing so means that people who aren't involved want to make an opinion and pick sides. I'm replying for the purpose of addressing incorrect assumptions and accusations that hold no actual merit.

Alright, just two more things and I'll be quiet... why did your server disappear from my list? Why was I either kicked, banned, denied entry, how you want to call it.

Second thing, while in one breath you say you can't understand people taking chatrooms so seriously, you are taking a large chunk of your time to reprimand people on a forum you rarely frequent, in a very argumentative and angry fashion. You seem to be taking it pretty seriously. I just thought I would point this out.

Have a nice day.

Alv

Banned
Banned
Tbh I'm just glad we haven't devolved to full call out culture like furs on Twitter

I don't approve of call out culture in any fashion, personally. Conflicts should be resolved between people personally. I prefer to resolve my differences with people face to face. If I can't, I remove myself from their presence. I don't like feeling angry toward people. So why would I stay around them, even if I was just trying to take them down or prove them wrong, etc?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
sure am happy I avoid Discord servers, all I can say

Reactions: Alv

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Well I just want to say the good part. What it originally was to me.

It's where I made friends after losing all mine. I chose to make a place where I could develop myself as a person. It's important to me because it shows I don't have to be cast aside forever if I lose friends. It shows i can still have a place that means enough to feel like home. I just wanted a place where people could be my friends and I could show that I can make a place where I belong. As some of you may know I can't have that in real life. I have heart problems, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome to be exact. Because of them I need a tube that goes from my nose to my stomach.

It was a place where people didn't care that I was ghostly pale because of my health, a place that didn't care about the scars all over my hands from getting IVs, a place that doesn't care about the tube that goes from my nose to my stomach. I made it a place where people without any friends had a chance of making them and I showed that to even the worst people that came there as long as they were willing to change. I was literally legally bound to not make friends irl because the school didn't allow me to attend public social events or go to social places unless I was going to church for holidays. The place I made was the only place I could go cause I was stuck in my home whether I wanted to leave or not from health and legal.

I remember when I started it with tomb it was a fresh start for two misfits, a place that could be a fresh start, home or just a place where people wouldn't care about something you couldn't do anything about. It was a place for everyone who was looking for that. Anyone who was lost, damaged, hollow, awkward, afraid, bored, a misfit, forsaken and stranded could belong. Well not always... There were times where people from where both me and tomb were made outcasts from tried to demean us sometimes even encouraging us to off ourselves. After I was power (Admittedly fairly at the times I was to some degree but not often for the right reason) there were people I worried about being mods that did end up mass removing people multiple times. I didn't get the worst of it though as tomb was blackmailed to hand the server over. After a while it wasn't much of what it once was. Later even getting another change in leadership and eventually I got banned from it for wanting answers on why a friend of mine was harassed and another called a drooling idiot before being banned like a lot of other people did.

I think it's a place a lot of people can say they felt home at when nowhere in the real world would. Its gone now, all the old stories, jokes and embrace. But I think a good amount of people can say for while it was a period of time in their life that shows a lot of positive growth.

I only wish I could get answers with as much heart as I put into that server as to why some did what they did because I know I can't change the past, I realized that a while before I made that server.

May the community of furryland and its documented memory rest in peace. May 27th 2017 to October 19th 2018

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi

SSJ3Mewtwo

Closing this thread at the OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.