• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Furs in the Military

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
This is generally out of curiousity, but a few of my husbands Army buddies have come out as furs. Ever the curious soul, I was wondering if there was anyone in the forums who was part of the military such as active duty, spouse, family, or veteran. Not trying to out anyone, more or less to see if there's anyone who can relate to this type of lifestyle.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
To honest, there are quite a lot of army furs. And quite a bit really wouldn't mind/are interested in the military. to be honest military furs are far from rare.

A shit ton of furs do paintball and airsoft regularly too.

Also this thread has been created like a million times...

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
To honest, there are quite a lot of army furs. And quite a bit really wouldn't mind/are interested in the military. to be honest military furs are far from rare.

A shit ton of us do paintball and airsoft regularly too.

Also this thread has been created like a million times...

Well, shit. I checked before creating it, but didn't see anything :/ And here I thought I was being original! Anyhow, like I said, I'm curious.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I am currently in the army training to become an officer

Kicoon

I'm in the navy and ive actually found a few other furs stationed here on base with me. Kinda neat actually.

Rystren

Call me FLUuFFFFEH || The Original Floater
I'm also navy. I know there are other furs on base, but I haven't actually met them. I just know they're nearby.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Veteran of the USAF. I knew a few furs on base when I was stationed stateside at Lowrey AFB and Nellis AFB. I was a Phantom Phixer, Weapons Control Systems on the F4-C/D Phantom II. The Phantoms are all gone now with the exception of the static display jets and the Collins foundation F4-D tail number 65-0749, the last flying Phantom II. the Phantom was the biggest distributor of MiG parts in the world.

The Phantoms are gone but not phorgotten.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I ALMOST served. I'm an old fart. How old, you say? During the winding down of Viet Nam, about 4 months before they drew the draft numbers, Nixon did away with the draft. They went ahead and pulled the draft numbers anyway, just in case. My number was 40. Previously, anything under 60 was INSTANTLY gone, so I would have been gone in a NY second. I had planned on seeing a navy recruiter just in case as I'm a legacy, but it wasn't necessary. My Dad had done 17 years active and reserve in the SeaBees. That was where I would have gone if offered a choice. With the war ending, there was a glut of military, so the opportunities there weren't very good at that time.

I do want to thank all of you who HAVE served, however. You all have generously given your time and possibly gambled your lives to make this country a safer place and I want to say that what you have done means a lot to me.

Veteran of the USAF. I knew a few furs on base when I was stationed stateside at Lowrey AFB and Nellis AFB. I was a Phantom Phixer, Weapons Control Systems on the F4-C/D Phantom II. The Phantoms are all gone now with the exception of the static display jets and the Collins foundation F4-D tail number 65-0749, the last flying Phantom II. the Phantom was the biggest distributor of MiG parts in the world.

The Phantoms are gone but not phorgotten.
The F-4 was such a beautiful design, My Uncle was a Phantom Phixer too. said he'd get a kick out of how some of the pilots would yank back the stick during take off, light the burners, and scorch the asphalt, and rocket straight up. It's sad that so many were turned into target practice. That jet had so many names to, think the Germans called it a flying diesel, of something like that. Loved by so many countries that opporated the beast.

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
Army Cadet for a semester... I'll never get to serve the way I want to, though. Asperger's is a bitch. Thank you to all those who HAVE served though, you will continue to be my inspiration even as I cannot follow in any of your footsteps *BSA Salutes*

biscuitfister

Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?
Any of yall follow USAWTF moments on FB? fuckin love that page

Zero Foxtrot

Tinkering Ferret Mechanic
Air Force aircraft mechanic here. Six years active duty in Minot, working on B-52's, one year and counting as a Reservist working on C-130 Hercules aircraft. ;)

biscuitfister

Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?
Just a reminder to everyone. Practice safe OPSEC and dont let everyone know your duty station and all that jazz.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
The F-4 was such a beautiful design, My Uncle was a Phantom Phixer too. said he'd get a kick out of how some of the pilots would yank back the stick during take off, light the burners, and scorch the asphalt, and rocket straight up. It's sad that so many were turned into target practice. That jet had so many names to, think the Germans called it a flying diesel, of something like that. Loved by so many countries that opporated the beast.
I was backseat qual'd so when a write-up (gripe) happened three times in a row, I went up with the pilot and checked if it was Operator Error (like a WSO would do that?) or a real malfunction of the radar. On takeoff, the pilot locks the brakes, goes to full military power, lifts the lockouts on the throttles and lights the burners. The airframe begins shaking from all of that thrust, wanting to do something. Pop the brakes, and as the takeoff roll speed increases, the shaking increases. As the jet finally makes Vr and the pilot lifts the nose (rotates), you really can't see the gauges other than the needles are all pointing the right direction. Once airborne and the aircraft reaches a safe air speed, the flaps, slats and landing gear are stowed. All of the sudden, it's as smooth as a commercial airliner. Well, one that can go Mach 2.2 in the right configuration & altitude.

One of the most descriptive names was "Bent Wing Bug Sucker" followed closely by "Double Ugly". I still miss that jet.