• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursona Description Question

markusblade21

Like I've said in my previous post, I can't art to save my life. I can only describe my fursona and give references.

Though I'm curious as to how detailed the description needs to be. Need some of your opinions.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
It can be as descriptive as you want it. Can only be a couple of lines, or a full on paragraph or two.

Kinda depends on what the artist wants/needs, I guess. If your character have any patterns, you should describe them as best as possible.

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
Ideally, as descriptive as possible.
Something like "a wolf with pink markings" doesn't tell me what I need to know.
What kind of wolf? What color? What kind of markings? What body shape?

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
You could go a bit vague. It's kinda cool how artists interpret it. For example, my fursona was meant to have two vertical smoothe cornered rectangles on her checks but the artist didn't get that and made a horizontal oval by her eyes. I didn't complain since I liked it more. I guess sometimes you don't know you would want something until you get it.

markusblade21

You could go a bit vague. It's kinda cool how artists interpret it. For example, my fursona was meant to have two vertical smoothe cornered rectangles on her checks but the artist didn't get that and made a horizontal oval by her eyes. I didn't complain since I liked it more. I guess sometimes you don't know you would want something until you get it.
That's the problem with me, I try to get as specific as I can but sometimes I just can't describe what I want something to look like, nor can I draw it on paper.

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
You're not alone. I had this cool design for a character that never came into being since I couldn't get the head right!