• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursona- how do I do it and what does it do.

fury-cake

(Kindergarten cop references anyone? no? ok)

I guess there's no beating around the bush- I need a ca... Fursona! Fursona, I need fursona.

Ok so ages ago mine fursona was quite fake: gender-bendering goat. During that time there was plenty of heavy junk on my back so it was silly escapism.
As far as I'm against recycling old ideas which got negative connotation in my mind, must admit that I really like goats. But same goes for lizards, pigs, feline and robots...
Various online tests gave huge list to choose from: from monkeys and skunks to white tigers and foxes.

Guessing I'm not single case, especially after reading this forum section, who wants to be some special and one of a kind shining start but let's be honest, being astral gold jelly-fish-panda mix is odd, attention grabbing and hard to portrait. And totally not feeling it.

So the thing is that if any one of you could suggest or point me in the right direction to what could be good for me in this matter I would be more then happy to hear anything you got to say!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
You don't particularly need a fursona to be in the fandom, but if you feel like it is necessary for more enjoyment in the fandom, here's a few ideas:
If you're a spiritual, you may feel a connection toward a specific animal's stories in certain folklore.
You may feel a connection with an animal's behavior, especially but not limited to pets.
You may work with animals and possibly picked up a few traits.
You may fantasize about being an animal, say a bird or an otter due to their mastery of their environment.

Also, you aren't held back to having only ONE fursona.
You can have one for each emotion you have, if you felt it was necessary.

Last edited:

DexinHeart

Picking a fursona is kind of up to you and what you personally want. And like Prometheus_fox said, you are not limited to just one if you're having trouble picking.
A lot of people do tend to pick theirs based on how the animals personality matches theirs or what their spirit animal is.
To figure out what animal matched me I used this website Browse the Animals - The Animal in You Personality Test
It has a personality test, but I already kind of knew my personality so I just read through the types till I found one that matched me.
Turned out I was most like a Goat or a Bat and I decided to go with Goat cause I didn't want to have to deal with drawing wings all the time >wO

Piccolora

Like No One Ever Was
In my opinion, there aren't enough goats. I like your old gender-bending goat fursona idea. It would make a fantastic fursuit (if you pursued that) and the backstory for this character would make for an interesting story. I'd say stick with the old and give it a little revamp to make it fresh and new. There are plenty of us here who are good at storytelling and coming up with stuff that can help you.

PS: Good job with the Kindergarten Cop reference. Made me laugh.

fury-cake

My motivation behind getting a fursona is that I'd feel more like a part of the community.
And the longer I think about that goat-sona, the more I want to recycle it... but I decided to take that test and it gave me Weasel. I've watched too much I am weasel! show as a kid so not sure about this one.

But there was also spirit animal test- I'm a Spiritual Dragonfly according to that website and that's super cool!

I got some ideas, now to stew it, let it sit and gather the brew... or simply draw it!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
My motivation behind getting a fursona is that I'd feel more like a part of the community.
And the longer I think about that goat-sona, the more I want to recycle it... but I decided to take that test and it gave me Weasel. I've watched too much I am weasel! show as a kid so not sure about this one.

But there was also spirit animal test- I'm a Spiritual Dragonfly according to that website and that's super cool!

I got some ideas, now to stew it, let it sit and gather the brew... or simply draw it!
I wouldn't exactly use some wafty test on the Internet to determine a spirit animal...
For example, some shamans have animals that appear multiple times in their dreams and they feel it is symbolism for some of their subconscious.

Arck

Husky-fox (basic af)
I think that weasel is very interesting choice (in a good way), i like it. Also remeber that you can make hybrid fursonas what will make your sona more original (but be careful not to end up with astral gold jelly-fish-panda mix as you said before) and you are able to mix personality traits from different species.
I also recomend in choosing your species to look at your character and choose an animal to which you feel connection (as it was previously said)

A

Andromedahl

Also consider that a lotta people change fursonas over time. So experimenting is safe

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I like the design, though I dont think it is nsfw...
You made me log in on my new Android to see it lol