• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Silvie

Hey all, this is a very personal piece and I believe it's the first art I'm 100% happy with since... forever?!?
-
It's my sona Sylvie in her garden, I was inspired by an interview with David Bowie where he says that you must make art for you, art that resonates with you, and I was neglecting that, I realized most of the time I made art to impress others or trying to get attention and reactions from ppl I don't even know.
-
Being in quarantine inside a small apartment, with the world in chaos (also I'm brazillian ..rofl), the urge to represent something that could capture the calm and tranquil that I want within myself was so tangible.
-
It was as if this image was just waiting to came forth, waiting for me to put my fear behind, on hold, for a few hours, and to remember everything I've ever learned about art and drawing.
-
She's just so happy to be listening to her plants, the soft hush of leaves and the fresh smell of grass....
I hope you all can find the same peace in some creative activity in your life.
Be safe, everyone <3

Kope

Artist?
How did you get so good at drawing? I really like your style

Silvie

OMG thank you for your kindness <3 I've been practicing for so, so long but for this one I just focused on fox anatomy and the atmosphere that I wanted.
I used to underrate tutorials bc I thought I couldn't replicate the steps and got really anxious, but actually treating my depression has been helping me a lot to get better at my art <3
feel free to DM me if you want to talk about it ^^