• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursona Stereotypes...

NovaMetatail

~Longing For Wings~
This post is more for "fun" than anything (other than perhaps helping newbies figure out a species based on common traits).

So, basing this off of yourself and others of the same species that you have met, what would you assume about your fursona? What traits do you associate with it, if any? Personality? Physical? Behavioral? Anything?

quayza

I act kind of like a dragon at times and my nails grow fast until they are sharp and pointy and need to be cut. My teeth are sharp and i can be wise when up to it along with a dragon attitude if nessesary. There is so much more^-^ Me being a big dragon not literally has some refering to me ask dragon boy making it a one of new nicknames for me.

Last edited:

Kolbe

I give free hugs!
Crocodiles have a "bad" streak. I'm the only innocent, silly crocodile I know.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Dragons tend to be fantasy role-players. At FCN last year, I played D&D and everyone sitting around the table had dragon fursonas.

KariLion

I know there are plenty of lions around, but I haven't actually *met* any, or at least haven't gotten to know any. And it seems like there are more male than female lions, at least from casual observation. I can't really make any assumptions on stereotypes myself, but I would be curious to know what some lion stereotypes are, if there are any XD

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I still don't understand the origin of the fox stereotype, but I can't say I totally defy it either.

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
Dragons tend to be fantasy role-players. At FCN last year, I played D&D and everyone sitting around the table had dragon fursonas.

Makes sense, but I'd be unique in that case. Never got into DnD or the like. :3

Doctor Timewolf

Time Traveller
If there's a wolf stereotype, I have yet to know about it.

2-Tailed Taymon

Narutarded Demon Tayra
I'm a Mustelid type. Taymon specifically. Not only are Tayras VERY rare, but combined with Demons, I'm the only one. Demons in general are kinda scarce. But all Demons are NOT the same. And I'm not the religious type either. I'm more of an elemental spirit type.

NovaMetatail

~Longing For Wings~
I'm a Mustelid type. Taymon specifically. Not only are Tayras VERY rare, but combined with Demons, I'm the only one. Demons in general are kinda scarce. But all Demons are NOT the same. And I'm not the religious type either. I'm more of an elemental spirit type.

Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself otherkin?

Nargle

HOOT
I've never met another Silken Windhound, or any sighthounds for that matter, so I wouldn't know.

However, I do think it's a little lame to lump all dogs in under the same category. It's like saying all mammals are the same. There's a pretty big difference between a German Shepherd, a Papillon, a Whippet, and a Bulldog. Just because the majority of people with dog fursonas happen to be wolfy breeds, like German Shepherds, Malamutes, Huskies, and even Wolfskies, doesn't mean that everybody with a dog character is obsessed with wolves. What if I had a Basset Hound character? I wouldn't think I should be in the same category as the Wolfskies X3

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I don't have a fursona, but if I did it would be a fox. And furries decided it would be awesome if my favorite animals were cocksluts. DAMN YOU FURRIES!

Taren Fox

Filmmaker
I still don't understand why people think foxes are sluts.

Well...

Most are, but that's besides the point!