• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursona Trading Cards??

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
I don’t know if this exists, but do people ever make “trading cards” of their fursona and hand them out at cons?? I think it would be so fun to trade cards with other furries and have a little card collection booklet!!

Egg Squid Frog System

Resin & traditional artist & musician :3
Oh!! Thar sounds amazing! :O ♡

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Never heard of this but it sounds pretty cool

Rayd

philosophy & psychology nerd
slightly off topic, but as a collector myself, i think it'd be extremely cool if there was like an official TCG with this sorta idea with actual rarities n' junk. though maybe some people would feel offended if their sona was more common than others', lol.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Maybe when Corona ends and if I can I’ll consider getting some artists and make a bunch based on some characters of mine to start with.

With generic rarity like: Common, Uncommon, Rare and Legendary with “Event” for specific cons or events like Christmas.

Random packet + Event card for free. Likely charge if people want additional packets but event cards are one time and limited. Or could make a collector variety as well.

Have to see where it goes but any money made from it will go towards charity and future artists to pay for more card types.

But it definitely sounds fun.

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
slightly off topic, but as a collector myself, i think it'd be extremely cool if there was like an official TCG with this sorta idea with actual rarities n' junk. though maybe some people would feel offended if their sona was more common than others', lol.
Hey, if you’re common, more people will see you and your art!

FayeBunny

I have no idea how a rarity system would work for this. Popularity? Complexity of the art used for the card? Something entirely different? Would there have to be a group of people making "official" cards so that there aren't way more rare cards than common, or confusing tiers of rarity? Would rarity even be something that needs to be included?

The only downfall I see in this whole thing is that people might only want the cards for popular or well known furs. Although, I guess the cards might give some attention to those who aren't well known? Maybe people will care more about the art on the card than who the art is of?

Ah, I have so many questions and I'm not really expecting any answers. It's just things I was thinking about, and some of them might have obvious answers that I've overlooked.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
I have no idea how a rarity system would work for this. Popularity? Complexity of the art used for the card? Something entirely different? Would there have to be a group of people making "official" cards so that there aren't way more rare cards than common, or confusing tiers of rarity? Would rarity even be something that needs to be included?

The only downfall I see in this whole thing is that people might only want the cards for popular or well known furs. Although, I guess the cards might give some attention to those who aren't well known? Maybe people will care more about the art on the card than who the art is of?

Ah, I have so many questions and I'm not really expecting any answers. It's just things I was thinking about, and some of them might have obvious answers that I've overlooked.
Well that's a thing that'd have to be looked into in the near future, or at least will be developed further as that was just a "basic" idea, as most trading cards often have raritys, but to give a very brief and simple example.

But I mean generally yeah, more "rarer" cards would likely be ones people really like, but also not limited to say just popular furs.
Since there could be multiple cards of same character, like say "Summer Jackpot", "Winter Jackpot" and "Jackpot", with just Jackpot possibly being rarer and the Summer and Winter being a "Rare".
I mostly suggest the multiple version one since, well I'm doubtful it'd get "huge", and I'm not going to use anyone's character(s) without consent, hence why if I did start my own, I'd focus on just my characters and add anyone else's so long as I get permission. ^^

Plus rarity more or less just means "Haha, I'm a legendary so you'll likely not see me within the next 5 packs! Enjoy your same rares, loser!" Aka less cards of higher up rarity, but I'd likely stick to "Common" "Rare" "Legendary" and "Event", but possibly renamed.

Ideally though, trading cards are more or less the "I want X card", rarity means if your favourite card is Uncommon, you'll get it, but some people who may enjoy collecting will try and trade any duplicates from lower tiers in hopes of getting a higher up one.
Plus, any art on the card would have possibly a url on it to the artist's FA; ideally so that people will know of this artist and check them out whiles also collecting cards.
If I'm gonna make a furry trading card I'm going to want it to be: A fun experience for those collecting cards and provide an opportunity for lesser known artists to both get commissions and get noticed more. Don't ask me how I'm gonna find said artists, I'm prob gonna be lazy af with early sets anyway.