• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursona weight?

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
I was looking around at Friesian horses and read that the average weight for an adult is about 1300 pounds, which got me to thinking, do any of you base your fursona's weight around that of the actual species or do you just make the weight whatever you want?

Zhael

I Just Say F.U.N.
I make the weight relative to my fursona's personality.
Because of my fursona's habits, he is underweight in terms of a human.

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
Im original, my fursona has the same height & weight as me, yay >.>

Dogwolfe

RUN AWAY!!!
I think when you anthropomorphisize an animal, It's weight should be accurate to that of a human's weight. We are after all, only giving the appearances found on animals to a human frame. Otherwise, Every horse furry should be a gigantic immobile blob.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
my fursona's weight is greater than mine because they are taller.

my weigh is 95 and their weight is 120.

K

Kaamos

If you were making an average sized anthropomorphic character, I wouldn't go with over 1000 pounds unless they're made of metal or rock.

I usually base my character's weight off my own. Unless they have more muscle or are shorter.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
If you were making an average sized character, I wouldn't go with over 1000 pounds unless they're made of metal or rock.

I usually base my character's weight off my own. Unless they have more muscle or are shorter.

or...

over 9000 lbs.
OVER9000.jpg

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Same weight as me. If it goes up my fursona's goes up, it goes down so does my fursona's.

feilen

Staring Contest Champion
I think when you anthropomorphisize an animal, It's weight should be accurate to that of a human's weight. We are after all, only giving the appearances found on animals to a human frame. Otherwise, Every horse furry should be a gigantic immobile blob.

I WANT ONE!!!
New floofy beanbag chair :3

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
My fursona weighs roughly around my weight but he is a bit slimer so he is lighter than I am

Asswings

Banned
Banned
...My fursona is technically a hallucination, so she literally doesn't weigh ANYTHING. <3

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I have a non-morphic character, so he weighs ~1.25 pounds. like a normal squirrel.

Rifter

Perpetuating the Stereotype
175 pounds for Rifter, 300+ for the other one seeing as his guts are made of metal and all.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I was looking around at Friesian horses and read that the average weight for an adult is about 1300 pounds, which got me to thinking, do any of you base your fursona's weight around that of the actual species or do you just make the weight whatever you want?
There are no dragons I can put on a scale, so I had to do the best that I could based on some simple math. Weight has a direct correlation to volume. So if a creature's volume doubles, its weight should roughly do likewise.

This leads to a simple relation to the creature's relative size:
Weight = (Size) ^3 * Constant

The constant varies based on the creature's shape and how you measure its size. For humans, size is best measured by height. If you take a 5'9" (1.75m) adult who weights 187 pounds (85kg), that constant will be 15.86. Using that number, if you shrink him proportionately to 3'3" (1m), he'll weigh 35 pounds (15.86kg.) My son weighed about that when he was 3 feet tall, so the formula works.

For dragons, I looked at theropods. (Think T-Rex.) Theropods are usually measured by length from snout to the tip of the tail, and are roughly dragon-like in shape. Looking at various species, I found a value for that constant that ranges from 3-6. Since dragons are a bit beefier (having thicker forearms and wings) and because Telnac's made mostly of carbon with some heavier parts such as steel, not mostly water, I chose a slightly higher value for him: 7.

Telnac is 9 meters in length (30 feet.) Using the above formula & a constant of 7 places his weight at 5,103kg (11,226 pounds.)

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
What would be a good height for an anthro horse then, probably around 7'2" in height? I want him to be kinda muscled and heavy, and still strong enough to carry something equal to or more than a full-grown man in a suit of armor or something like that. I'm also trying to keep in mind that he might get...*ahem* a little 'friendly' with some furs on down the road if the opportunity ever arises and I don't wanna squish the poor things. :B

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
My fursona's weight is the same as my human weight.

Kitsune Dzelda

Hmmmm.......
Why should I tell you humans about my fursonas weight? Does it really matter how much mass it is? I dont.