• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursonas that just wouldn't work or you wouldn't want to be

StormSong

I don't know why, but I have a thing where I just don't like people inventing new species, or the insane hybrid types.

Something like a liger is fine in my opinion, because they CAN actually exist.

But some of them are just no.

And as if there isn't enough species out there already, why do you have to invent more?

But I love bears! They're one of my favourite animals, and the anthros of them are just great!

I love meeting bears...

Umm, a lamprey Eel probably wouldn't be the best fursona ever, and good luck fursuiting as THAT one. Also considering lamprey eels latch themselves onto the flesh of their victim and chew a hole and then start draining bodily fuilds; not exactly a ver pleasent creature to think about.

I don't know why, but I have a thing where I just don't like people inventing new species, or the insane hybrid types.

But some of them are just no.

And as if there isn't enough species out there already, why do you have to invent more?

That doesn't make any sense :p .

In all seriousness though to each their own :] . Personally I like the hybrids cause they tend to be more interesting to look at, and they allow for more creativity. I also like crazy fur colors though. I guess these sorts of things are more popular with the anthro artist crowd that's more interested in aesthetics, where as people who feel a connection to a real animal would be more inclined to go for realism.

As for the topic ya bugs and sea creatures, also I find pigs in general wildly unappealing.

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
lampreys scares me... >.< But I think most sea creatures (like a sea cucumber or a sea urchin) would be difficult to turn to a 'sona.

I'm just a fish-dragon hybrid. xD lol Gotta love hybrids! They're interesting and can be VERY unique if done right!

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
lampreys scares me... >.< But I think most sea creatures (like a sea cucumber or a sea urchin) would be difficult to turn to a 'sona.

I'm just a fish-dragon hybrid. xD lol Gotta love hybrids! They're interesting and can be VERY unique if done right!

*gives Muki the hybrid high five* Hybrids rule!

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
dung beetle. Seriously, who wants to roll around a big ball o' turd all day.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
What about an anthro metroid? Talk about getting sucked off.

That's silly logic.

A furry can't exist.

And if it could exist, we'd by neccessity be really good at genetic manipulation.

And if we were really good at genetic manipulation then creating a half-fox half-ferret would probably be trivial compared to uplifting a tiger. :3

Jarz

what about worms?
Tenia_solium_scolex.jpg

:)

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
It seems bug-type bother people the most... IMO they make for some of the most interesting anthros out there. Not the cutest, mind you, but interesting... and some ARE cute, actually. It's just rare is all.

And... could a fish anthro work??

Hai. :3

Sea creatures are weird =D

In a good way!

Personally, if it lacks two or more of: terrestrial, social, and mammal, it bugs me.

... huh... huh... well damn. :(

makmakmob

An anthropomorphic salesman...

*shudder*

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Anthropomorphic polygonal AZN Japanese mythology professor from the 70's stuck in a village that seasaws different points in time and space who shoots zombies with his revolver and is usually accompanied by his me sol hoorney gung-ho also Japanese and also polygonal student.

Kajet

An anthropomorphic salesman...

*shudder*

Or worse... an anthropomorphic... Lawyer...

I think maybe kitsunes wouldn't work out well, while more tails are better in my opinion I imagine someone with just one tail has enough trouble with doors.

Most aquatic creatures don't seem like they'd translate well to an anthropomorphic form, then again some of the deep sea kind just creep me right the hell out... same for bugs...

Horses, at least not the size queen kind you see a lot of, simply cause I doubt someone could live a normal life if they could poke someone in the back of the head while standing two or three feet away while exited.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

Mizuhana Kositeru

Made in Heaven
Generally? A water bear. Only growing to about 1.5 mm would really be irksome, although being able to withstand temperatures from absolute zero to 303 degrees Fahrenheit would be awesome.

Personally? Anything feline.

shlero

blank pallet
an antro toilet *barf*

Pronema

***** Whore
Last edited:

BritFoxx

The Hat Man
Snails... nothing good about snails...