• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

fursuit around family?

Saiya

yes it sucks
i want to make my own but idk how to sew or anything =/

I found handsewing the fabric a bit easier. Yes it takes much longer but there is more accuracy and if you mess up you catch it faster than using a sewing machine. It's not that hard really, just takes patience^^

Lucky WOLFIE

I found handsewing the fabric a bit easier. Yes it takes much longer but there is more accuracy and if you mess up you catch it faster than using a sewing machine. It's not that hard really, just takes patience^^

i can try and fail hardcore but over time i'll do good

Lucky WOLFIE

yeah neither one of them know i'm a furry yet

you might not want to, the last i wore my tail around my dad he gave me this angry/omg i cant believe your wearing that look and then turned his head. My mom on the other hand just looked and smiled. She's ok with the fact that i can wear my tail and collar around the house but my dad just hates it and thinks im some kind of freak. But then again it might be a good idea because the sooner you tell them the sooner you can get it over with. But that's just my opinion and besides it might do you good to tell them they might just say ok and they understand.

QuickSticks45

Wishes he could fly
i know that they'll support me when i do tell them so i'm not that worried about it, but i'm not going to just walk up and just tell them

My family ..well they kinda accept that I am a bit eccentric but they throw it in my face when they are mad at me and when I tell my mom "I know i am weird" she always responds "no you are not". They have watched me try to build a dragon head ,I was happy with the outcome at the time but it has sort of ..um..fallen apart now.Mom wont let me wear a tail when I go out shopping with her :/ .. Luckily my mate will ^M^ . Oh and my mate is not furry
I find it amusing that my cousins like my furry art and think it is cute.

Geek

Chico
But then again it might be a good idea because the sooner you tell them the sooner you can get it over with.

At the age of +25, your parents shouldn't be telling you what to wear... Your not a kid anymore... Your an adult... Unless your an adult who needs psychological help or a druggie.

I live with my mother but i'm the one who pays everything in the house. She's alone in this world and she have my support. I can't leave her alone because she's a cry baby.

My father died long time ago... when i was 5 years old so. Who cares.

Last edited:

Lucky WOLFIE

At the age of +25, your parents shouldn't be telling you what to wear... Your not a kid anymore... Your an adult... Unless your an adult who needs psychological help or a druggie.

I live with my mother but i'm the one who pays everything in the house.

My father died long time ago... when i was 5 years old so. Who cares.

I literally hate my father with a burning passion, and when i graduate high school im going back with my mate to his place 2 days after i graduate and i plan to wear a fursuit when i walk across the stage.

Geek

Chico
I literally hate my father with a burning passion, and when i graduate high school im going back with my mate to his place 2 days after i graduate and i plan to wear a fursuit when i walk across the stage.

Your not forced to go to his place unless you need his help financially.

Lucky WOLFIE

Your not forced to go to his place unless you need his help financially.

?? my parents arent devorced and besides they sometimes ask me for money because i actually save my money. The funny thing is he hates it when i wear my collar out and around him

Pine

smell-good badger
well, first my parents would laugh for a second, then ask why I'm wearing it, then ask where I got it, then ask how much it cost, then throw a chair at me.

I hate when parents ask for money.

same here, and they owe me a good $600 as well, which is funny because that's how much my badger head is going to cost me

Lucky WOLFIE

I hate when parents ask for money.

thats how i feel when my parents say give my brother 40 bucks so he and his girlfriend can do whatever and we'll pay you back
come on im only a kid and your asking me 4 money 0_0
i dont mind though i owe them money they just dont know it =p

DaxCyro

Is it a good idea? what r some of the reactions you've had while fursuiting around your family.

Ain't got a suit yet as it's ordered and waiting production.
However if I know my family well enough I bet they'll force me to visit them to show off the finished result. :)

But as others have said, just as people differs families also differs.
My own little family is very close and we each support each others interest/hobbies. We're too few and too curious to rival over what's "correct" and not.

I showed my mom a pic of a fursuit i wanted to get, she looked at me for a minute, then she busted out laughing and showed my dad and he too busted out lolling :/
But im getting one for christmas :D lol

Lucky WOLFIE

I showed my mom a pic of a fursuit i wanted to get, she looked at me for a minute, then she busted out laughing and showed my dad and he too busted out lolling :/
But im getting one for christmas :D lol

thats good ^^ my dad just yelled as loud as he could at the computer screen and walked away
i bet he's going to have a blast(sarcasm) when i wear my fursuit to senior graduation

Tundru

I don't think wearing a fursuit to your high school graduation is something you want to do since you'll look retarded and I bet a lot of people would laugh at you. Plus later on in life you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for it. There are some places you just don't wear suits to.

Lucky WOLFIE

I don't think wearing a fursuit to your high school graduation is something you want to do since you'll look retarded and I bet a lot of people would laugh at you. Plus later on in life you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for it. There are some places you just don't wear suits to.

yea i already knew that much but you never know also i dont regret it im proud to do it

Tundru

yea i already knew that much but you never know also i dont regret it im proud to do it

Yes but when you get older and actually think about what you're doing you'll regret it. You only graduate once, it's something to be proud of, you don't wanna make yourself look like a fool.

On topic, my parents have seen my friend in a fursuit and they don't have a problem. I showed them my tail and they thought it was funny, so to them it's no big deal, they even drove me up to a con last weekend with two of my friends. My mom even helped me measure myself for my fursuit and knows I'm getting one in the near future.