• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique: Fursuit Head Base planning

zeusaphone

I'm planning out my fursuit head for my character Azula. I drew some sketches as well.

Here's Azula:
Azula.jpg

Sketch 1 of 3, showing the shape i'd like the suit head to have:
fursuit.jpg

Sketch 2 of 3, showing where the fur is going:
fursuit2.jpg

And sketch 3 of 3, showing the foam pieces:

fursuit3.jpg

Is there anything that should be changed? For reference, I'd like the head to look as close as possible to the first picture of Azula as possible (The fully coloured image).

P.S. I'm sculpting the head on a balaclava.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I don't see any issues. The eyes are what is going to be the key element, though.

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
Any progress? Always interested in seeing these come together :)

IRT the original question I'd recommend a sketch or two with a reference human head under the line work to show how the final piece should sit when worn and show proportionally how large it is. This makes it a lot easier when you start cutting foam.

As keefur implied the eyes are what make any build difficult; you have to balance visibility with desired proportions and that can be a real struggle sometimes. One trick is to scale the head such that the eyes proportionally match your reference but also fit your face, hence the sketch with a human head suggestion :)