• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuit Memories

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
So I'm thinking of making a fursuit. I was wondering, for those of you that have suits, partial or full, doesn't matter, what are some of your favorite fursuit memories? I've heard fursuits are lots of fun and I'd love to hear your experiences. Also, if anyone has anything negative that has happened while in suit, I'd like to hear those stories, too, just to get a realistic idea of both the pros and cons of wearing suits.

S

Sar

Con Raves.

[video=youtube;rqx8tAdID9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqx8tAdID9w[/video]

Dancing to this in a fursuit. Craziest thing ever.

T

Tewin Follow

Yeah man, dancing in suit at every evening rave = yes.

You go from warm to sweat running down my face oh god I'm gonna pass out in minutes, but you just keep dancing and waving at the coloured lights while the fog machine is obscuring your already limited vision, man.

Then it's a ten minute break in front of a fan in the Headless Lounge and you're back out there dancing. :3

S

Sar

Yeah man, dancing in suit at every evening rave = yes.

You go from warm to sweat running down my face oh god I'm gonna pass out in minutes, but you just keep dancing and waving at the coloured lights while the fog machine is obscuring your already limited vision, man.

Then it's a ten minute break in front of a fan in the Headless Lounge and you're back out there dancing. :3

So worth it.
And your memories of Fursuiting?

Hissora

omnomnomNOM
This one time I wore my old fursuit in public this kid came up to me and yelled, "DADDY :U", and wouldn't let go of me... I know kids like fursuiters but that was downright creepy considering I'm female and was in a half suit... And I don't like kids. o-o

Calico-Feathers

Climbin' in yo windows.
[video=youtube;PUh_idn-cX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUh_idn-cX4[/video]

So much fun.

Also: Having someone come up to you and say that you truly made their weekend/con special. That's one damn amazing feeling.

Last edited:

Fay V

Lost to this world
From this weekend...skipping every line ever like it's a superpower.
My best moment is suiting was actually from my volunteer job. In case you live under a rock and don't hear me going on about it, I volunteer at Head Start.So I do a lot of things. I listen to story time with them, I'll play simon says, dance, other silly things. The second time I visited I was swarmed by the kids. The teachers there are awesome and pulled them back a bit, having each one come up to hug me one by one so I could see them properly and wouldn't step on someone or something. There was one girl that was really shy and didn't want to come up so I made myself smaller, looked scared and tried not to scare her. She wasn't coming around so I left her alone and played with the kids a bit making sure to stop if she got close and offer a high five or something and look more scared if she was scared.
After two hours I was getting ready to go and she came up and gave me a big hug and then sort of ran off.
I got out of suit and was in the office filing out paperwork for volunteering for a government program and the teacher came in to thank me and had tears in her eyes. She was so happy. The girl actually had really bad shyness problem and that was the first time the teacher had seen the girl really warm up to someone.

israfur

YES PLEASE
From this weekend...skipping every line ever like it's a superpower.
My best moment is suiting was actually from my volunteer job. In case you live under a rock and don't hear me going on about it, I volunteer at Head Start.So I do a lot of things. I listen to story time with them, I'll play simon says, dance, other silly things. The second time I visited I was swarmed by the kids. The teachers there are awesome and pulled them back a bit, having each one come up to hug me one by one so I could see them properly and wouldn't step on someone or something. There was one girl that was really shy and didn't want to come up so I made myself smaller, looked scared and tried not to scare her. She wasn't coming around so I left her alone and played with the kids a bit making sure to stop if she got close and offer a high five or something and look more scared if she was scared.
After two hours I was getting ready to go and she came up and gave me a big hug and then sort of ran off.
I got out of suit and was in the office filing out paperwork for volunteering for a government program and the teacher came in to thank me and had tears in her eyes. She was so happy. The girl actually had really bad shyness problem and that was the first time the teacher had seen the girl really warm up to someone.

That is really beautiful!! I get nervous of going out in a suit after reading bad experiences -but it's stories like these that make me forget about the bad stuff that COULD happen, and go fur-suiting confidently. :]
This story all on it's own made my day<3

Fay V

Lost to this world
That is really beautiful!! I get nervous of going out in a suit after reading bad experiences -but it's stories like these that make me forget about the bad stuff that COULD happen, and go fur-suiting confidently. :]
This story all on it's own made my day<3
I've only really had one bad experience that wasn't my own damn fault. It was at this con. I met another suiter while I was in suit. He came up in suit and waved and we looked at badges. I'm sure that suiters must look odd when they first meet. They'll wave then stick their nose down and close in order to read who they are talking to. so we met, then e went to hug me. Then things went wrong. during the hug he sort of bear hugged me harder and lifted me up. I felt something crack, not sure if it was the suit or me, but I flailed a bit and ran to my handler.

Blarmajin

I'm really new suiter, I've suited less than a handful of times (Still working on my own fullsuit.) But, two weekends ago on Father's day, I was urged by my family to bring "one of my wolf heads" down to the cookout we were headed too. I was really against it at first, because I only had the head of my costume finished an nothing else,...and a costumer with only a head would look weird.

But I finally caved in and went. Mid way through the cookout, I donned the fursuit head and made my way down the hill towards the party. Immediately, some older men were laughing and making remarks, which almost made me do a 360 and go back to the car, but, also then, I heard a little kid yelling out something. So I turned in that direction, and this little girl (Maybe fourish?) was running up to me and just hugged my legs, since it was as high as she could reach. So I got down to my knees so that we were eye level and just as quickly as she had appeared, she plopped down in the grass before me and started telling me about how I looked like her dog "but taller". I was silent the entire time but nodded and tilted my head here or there when prompted.

Then another little girl joined us, and she and the first girl started grabbing handfuls of grass and started to "feed the kitty cat" I pretended to nom on it and they would giggle. ..Though, this left me with grass plastered onto my face inside the mask and running down my neck. There was a third girl who was even younger who I danced with, which was fun. She would stomp and flail around in a little kid version of a dance, then I would imitate, she would giggle, then rinse and repeat.

All in all, it was super fun, and it felt nice to make the group of kids laugh. I look forwards to any other fursuiting events.

(Picture taken on that day.)

124.jpg

(TL;DR, I entertained a couple of kids, got grass all over my face as a side effect.)

Calico-Feathers

Climbin' in yo windows.
I've only really had one bad experience that wasn't my own damn fault. It was at this con. I met another suiter while I was in suit. He came up in suit and waved and we looked at badges. I'm sure that suiters must look odd when they first meet. They'll wave then stick their nose down and close in order to read who they are talking to. so we met, then e went to hug me. Then things went wrong. during the hug he sort of bear hugged me harder and lifted me up. I felt something crack, not sure if it was the suit or me, but I flailed a bit and ran to my handler.

Even this is a really tame "bad experience." There are a few "rougher" suiters who play with a little more force than most suiters are used to/want. Actually I tend to get picked up a lot. Like... a whole lot. XD But I personally don't mind. I did have one guy, however, do something similar. Had his shoulder accidentally in my stomach and squeezed really hard. I thought I was gonna puke all over him.

The worst, though, was this non-suiter who turned around, saw me, and took a literal flying leap through the air at me. She rammed me right in the throat with her shoulder (which I swear to God was made of steel) and proceeded to flail violently all over me before running off. o___o

bioastre

I've only ever had good experiences with suiting. I own a full suit, which started off as a partial. I decided to make her a full suit once I started volunteering more often at local day cares, charity events, races, etc. Helps me to be able to wear other pieces of clothing without distracting from the full character. (like a bandanna)

My first memory suiting was with my first suit (now retired), a black and white she-wolf. I volunteered at a local 4th of July festival, and the reactions were lovely. I had kids all over me, asking what species I was, who was my owner, and why I ran away from my owner. It was the most adorable thing ever!

Best part was, before I left the event, a little girl ran up to me and begged to be picked up. As I did so, her mother rushed over in tears to inform me that this is the first time in months she'd seen her little girl try and communicate. (the mother informed me the girl was autistic) It made me so happy that I could brighten her day, along with many other people. =]

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
Beaaautiful stories guys :) Now I'm determined to get a fursuit, based on what you all have said there are lots of things I could do in a fursuit. Here's another question though, should I get a fursuit of a "correct" animal? Like, I want a toony tiger fursuit. Specfically, a suit of my tiger Nightfire. She's black with orange stripes and a white muzzle, toes, and belly. Would it be better off for me just to get a white tiger fursuit because it's naturally how the animal is? Or will kids be ok with a fursuit that looks a little different than the animal does naturally?

Blarmajin

@Nightfire.

If your fursuit is a kitty with stripes and round ears, I'm sure most children can make the connection and call you a tiger. Your character is recognizable enough. :D

..Me on the other hand, my character is an obscure hybrid thing. xD I get called so many things...a bunny, a fox, a llama, etc, etc. I want to make a generic puppy fursuit, to go suiting at events and the like. More easily identified.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
A good memory of mine was that I was allowed into a bar and not carded (I'm underage but love my alcohol) and then everyone proceeded to buy me drinks because they thought it was hilarious to watch a talking wolf drink down a Blue Moon or a Corona. To say the least I left that bar without spending a cent and very very very wonderfully inebriated. Everyone in the bar wanted to talk to me, pet me, hold me, drink with me, buy me a drink. Also hot women love fursuits, I could not keep them off me. And their boyfriends were like "Hey can we get a picture of you humping my girlfriend?" And I was drunk enough to say "ffck ysss maaaahn less doit!!"
1286421630.deovacuus_rar.jpg

Drakonman

A good memory of mine was that I was allowed into a bar and not carded (I'm underage but love my alcohol) and then everyone proceeded to buy me drinks because they thought it was hilarious to watch a talking wolf drink down a Blue Moon or a Corona. To say the least I left that bar without spending a cent and very very very wonderfully inebriated. Everyone in the bar wanted to talk to me, pet me, hold me, drink with me, buy me a drink. Also hot women love fursuits, I could not keep them off me. And their boyfriends were like "Hey can we get a picture of you humping my girlfriend?" And I was drunk enough to say "ffck ysss maaaahn less doit!!"
1286421630.deovacuus_rar.jpg

A man can dream... a man can dream..

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
A man can dream... a man can dream..
I swear to god
fursuit = many many hot women demanding you allow them to grind against you or wanting to sit on your lap as you sit on the bar stool. They pet you, hold you, and tell you how cute you are, they ply you with alcohol and want to hand feed you delicious things.

Unfortunately this does not have the same effect on men, who think I'm male. Where the fuck are my Chippendale guys who love fursuiters?

Drakonman

I swear to god
fursuit = many many hot women demanding you allow them to grind against you or wanting to sit on your lap as you sit on the bar stool. They pet you, hold you, and tell you how cute you are, they ply you with alcohol and want to hand feed you delicious things.

Unfortunately this does not have the same effect on men, who think I'm male. Where the fuck are my Chippendale guys who love fursuiters?

Fuck! So much for that idea.

Drakonman

Well, I'm not in a gay bar. Try a gay bar and it might be different. I dunno. Free booze man, what could be wrong with that?
That would be a better idea. If only the people that live around me weren't racist hillbilly red-necks who only talk about Guns and their John Deere Tractors. T_T

Drakonman

I love John Deere Tractors and Combines! >:[
I almost worked for our Deer plant as a welder. Almost. But factory work just is meh.
I Aint hating, I just gets old over time. Anyway we derailed a thread so ill add a story.

I was chased around the double tree hotel at AnimeNorth because I ran into a fursuiter by mistake. He /She caught up to me and started hitting me with really soft paws. I was expecting to be beaten but it was more fun then painful. xD

Not much of a story but I haven't been around many suiters.

Last edited:

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
Sweet god. I never thought to go to a bar in my suit to get free drinks!

I'm not sure how well that would work for you. You seem scary.