• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuit Mistakes

MapleFlower

Bacteria
If you are a fursuit creator then I'm sure you've made some mistakes in the past on previous fursuits- If you can remember some of them- what are the most common mistakes you made while making your first few fursuits? And how did you fix these mistakes?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
If I ever get a fursuit, the only mistake I make will be the fact that it’ll absolutely kill my wallet.

I think this was for fursuit makers. But I can't help but agree.
I've debated on partials, or even just a Kigu, to make things easier (and comfier!).

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I cut several pieces of fur with the nap/grain running the wrong way. Had to order more, thankfully it was black.

Also, forgot to loosen the needle tension & tighten the lower looper tension on my serger when making a ladder stitch. Had to rip out about about 2 feet of stitching but thankfully, I sew on the edge so no selvage loss. BTW, same suit - my youngest daughter's realistic Siberian Husky.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
If I ever get a fursuit, the only mistake I make will be the fact that it’ll absolutely kill my wallet.
See it that way, if you buy it very cheap the mistake will likely be to have bought it so cheap