• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuit personality

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with a personality for my fursuit/fursona. I have a good idea of what I don't want to be (bouncy/crazy/goofy or serious/boring), but I don't really know where to start as far as how I DO want to be.

I hear a lot of people say "your personality develops around your suit", but considering I don't have a suit yet, I can't really use that.

Any suggestions on how to come up with a personality for your fursuit? Or am I just supposed to wait until I've gotten a suit first?

jorinda

Get a suit. Wear it and see what kind of behaviour feels right. The character really does develop with the suit.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
You can go the D&D route and create a "character sheet" for you to work off of while asking yourself questions that involve personality, attitude around people, and/or any other miscellaneous questions.

As an exampleI recently worked on a werewolf character and made her somewhat of a disgruntled book-shelving beastie that has a penchant for drinking like an Irishman, but with an irreverent sense of humor. Basically I wrote down things that are strengths and weaknesses that would suit her, but such things aren't always written in stone...or paper.

Take your time and have fun with it!