• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuit views

Mordecai

The Joannes here is going out of business, but they were a small one and didn't have much of anything anyway

I was surprised that they didn't have any fur cloth when I went in there the first time

I think they have polyfill, though, and I do need some of that (I'm still perplexed as to how I lost my duct tape dummy ~.~)

Winterhallow

Wow, I'm glad you poseted this thread...  Frankly I had never thought of or considered anything about fursuits.  The few I've seen in passing though have always seemed kinda hoaky..  Reading all of the posts here makes me wonder though.
I must admit I have been stuck with the mascoty vision of "fursuits".  Which to me would have no apeal, In High School wearing the mascot suit was a form of punishment :p !!!
But now that I am curious, I will have to go look around at other people's acomplishments.

Latex!!!  What fun!

Growly

I made my first one because I wanted to look like a wolf (my fursona used to be a wolf) and get to do wolfy things without people thinking I'm nuts, I guess.
Then I got hooked to building them, it's a great design challenge trying to turn a 2D character into a piece of 3D wearable art. And I've found I love suiting too, it melts my heart when kids run up to me and hug me at cons and whatnot. ^^
I'm going to be making a husky suit for volunteering at children's events soon, I can't wait to get out there and do some real mascot work. :)

Hehe, and I also like building suits because people are willing to pay a lot for mine. ;) I usually get about a 200% profit, sometimes more.
It's been less so lately though, because I'm putting more work into each suit, making sure they're really durable and neat.

Perhaps it's time for a price raise?

Growly

RE:  Fursuit views

TheListener said:
While myself I am not interested in wearing one, I love seeing how creative some of them are. I do wish I could see more scale oriented suits, though...

purpledragon4.jpg

:D
This is one of my older heads, but I still like her. ^^

Mr Cullen

The fursuit concept of the furry fandom is something that does not interest me AT ALL. I have nothing against other people being into it and such, but It's not something I'd do myself. However I have a somewhat skeptical view of the people who get down and dirty with each other in said suits as well, but again y'know? To each their own.
I'll be perfectly honest as well when I say that I was somewhat surprised to learn that there are quite a few Brittish fursuiters as well. I had it firmly set in my mind that it was purely an American thing. I'll admit I was wrong.

Jirris

*laughs* Actually, I want to add to my previous post. I think owning a real suit would be fun, but I don't know if I'd go through with it, since the only other character I'd want to make into a costume has the gender opposite mine own.

It's easy enough to have a female character in an RPG or something, but I totally am unable to imagine myself portraying one in RL in a costume.

Benze

I've been trying to find tutorials on how to make them, for fun.

apparently I bring joy to small children and people in hospitals. And have been known to wear strange costumes when bothering my mother where she works. But would a fursuit be something good to wear in a Childrens hospital maybe?

Growly

Benze said:

apparently I bring joy to small children and people in hospitals. And have been known to wear strange costumes when bothering my mother where she works.   But would a fursuit be something good to wear in a Childrens hospital maybe?

I've made a few tutorials, here is the link:
http://homepage.mac.com/growly/tutorials.html

Benze

RE:   Fursuit views

Growly said:
Benze said:

apparently I bring joy to small children and people in hospitals. And have been known to wear strange costumes when bothering my mother where she works.   But would a fursuit be something good to wear in a Childrens hospital maybe?

I've made a few tutorials, here is the link:
http://homepage.mac.com/growly/tutorials.html

Much thanks is given!

TORA

Banned
Banned
Wow. Someone has "Growly", huh? That is my AGNPH name. (If you don't know what AGNPH is, just ask.)

Benze

TORA said:
Wow. Someone has "Growly", huh? That is my AGNPH name. (If you don't know what AGNPH is, just ask.)

I'll be the first to do such, what is AGNPH?

LoneRed

well, i guess ill weigh in... i guess i might could wear a close fitting like spandex with fur thing... and a fox head thing... i would put more work into the head my self...but id also like to get to a con some day...will not likely do eather tho..oh well.
and not that sweating is fun, but it would make me 'smell more fox' like anyways. but alas, wishes is like fishes, there are lots in the sea...wait, thats not right at all.

TORA

Banned
Banned
Benze said:

AGNPH is alt.games.nintendo.pokemon.hentai , the newsgroup and site. Very fun things happen over there. ROWR.

Growly

RE:    Fursuit views

TORA said:
Benze said:

AGNPH is alt.games.nintendo.pokemon.hentai , the newsgroup and site. Very fun things happen over there. ROWR.

Oh, my... hope no one mistakes me for you then! ^_^;;
Though ironically, I am also named after the Pokémon Growlithe (James's Growlithe, to be exact).

Thaily

Benze said:
apparently I bring joy to small children and people in hospitals. And have been known to wear strange costumes when bothering my mother where she works. But would a fursuit be something good to wear in a Childrens hospital maybe?

Sounds like a pretty good idea, though you'd have to get the hospital's permission.
In the Netherlands we have a project called "Cliniclowns" which organizes clown visits to childrens' wards in hospitals. Personally I think clowns are a bit creepy but apparently the kids really like it, which is great because hospital visits suck period, especially if you're there for an extended period of time.

I'd wear a fursuit for fun.
I think we have a pretty unanimous vote on the "fun" thing and I do think that's the biggest appeal of fursuiting. People can't see you, just your suit, so you feel free to act as silly as you like. People expect people in fur/mascot-suits to behave in a silly manner anyway.

No anatomically correct holes for me though >.o

Seras

I just payed off mine and waiting for the first pictures of its construction in progress.

quark

Fursuiting has always creeped me out, just a little. I guess not so much when people are just having fun in them at a con, but the whole having sex in one creeps me out.
So clearly, I have no desire to wear one at all. When I was a kid I once wore a gorilla mascot costume for a hockey game, and mannn oh man, that thing was so hot and uncomfortable. So for me, I don't see the fun of wearing a big, hot, stuffy, uncomfortable costume.
However, the discussion going on in here about the creating of the fursuits is really interesting. Growly, I tried to look up your tutorial for the fursuits, but it didn't work for me. I might look up some tutorials though, cause now I'm interested to see how they're made. This probably ties into my desire to learn how to sew (I want to learn how to make pretty clothes and quilts) and my love for knitting and crochet.

shy

I just like havin' fun, and messin' around and bein' goofy with people... Which I do all of out of suit, but in a suit its fun too. Also I wear suits predominantly (as in really only at) burning man, and people just go crazy at them. It opens the door for all sorts of whacky scenarios.

Seras

Most people don't do fursuiting sex, quark. Its a fetish to some people and is not for me. Wow I'm still drunk from last night x.o

quark

Seras said:
Most people don't do fursuiting sex, quark. Its a fetish to some people and is not for me. Wow I'm still drunk from last night x.o

Ohh, I know that a not everyone is into fursuiting sex. I was just saying that it creeped me out. That and it seems like it would be incredibly uncomfortable.

Seras

They have fans in most well made suits.. yes you sweat otherwise, but its great if you worry about what that christmas dinner did to your hips ;D

Pyrodemonfox

Ive been trying to save money for my fursuit but the person i'm getting mine from does a really good job for a decent price my suit topped out to about $800 plus the shipping from Canada.
I'll have to get back to you on the site name though I am on my WII Internet browser.

Seras

Pomander said:
In person, I'm quite shy and reserved, so these sort of things give me the chance to be more outgoing and personable without having to be as embarrassed. Nothing spiritual about it for me.

Anyone have some good links on where to get started when it comes to fursuits? :V~

I think I found my sister x.x Anyways google up "the purple bat" Jax is making my fursuit atm and he also provides instructions how to make em. ^_^ I can't wait to get my suit.. I'm the same way and when I wore a fursuit I was completely diffrent and it was alot of fun!