• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuit views

Fuyuko

If I had a fursuit I would wear it for fun ^^. I think it would be neat to go to a park and suprise the people there.

Pomander said:
In person, I'm quite shy and reserved, so these sort of things give me the chance to be more outgoing and personable without having to be as embarrassed. Nothing spiritual about it for me.

I'm the same way ^^. I'm very shy. I think it would give me a chance to go crazy without anyone knowing it's me wearing the fursuit :p.

Growly

For those looking for tutorials check out the Memories section on LJ fursuit! There's a TON of resources there. http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=fursuit

My tutorials are there too, the ones that you can't get to through mac.com anymore (I moved my site).

Ulfhednar

*points to sig* um, do yall think it would be difficult for me to make a fursuit like that?

Growly

The details are hard to make out in that, but it looks like a generic wolf headshape, so yes, I would say that would be quite simple to make.

Kittiara

Kitt
I think it's cool to see a character come to life and try and become them. It's the same reason I enjoy cosplay. *Especiallly* in a fursuit. I've never worn one, but the idea of being anonymous and known only as a certain character for a period of time seems lots of fun. :3

For me, it's got nothing to do with being closer to your animal side, I think that's sort of stupid because I'm an ass.

Dirae

http://epicfurry.ytmnd.com/
Something I found on ytmnd. I think a suit would be something fun to mess around in, but only once in awhile.

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
Dirae said:
http://epicfurry.ytmnd.com/
Something I found on ytmnd. I think a suit would be something fun to mess around in, but only once in awhile.

I saw the videos on youtube. Those guys are awesome.

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
I would wear a fursuit for fun and to be closer to myself. I am otherkin, and so it would be like being a facade of myself, at least!

Seras

Disturbed said:
If I did have a fur suit I would go rob a liquor store..imagine the report police scanners would be having.

What else can we expect from WOW players.

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
Growly said:
Just a heads-up, my fursuiting website is finally up! :)
http://www.growlythebear.com/

Take a look!

That's one of the best sites I've seen so far! I didn't see it on the order form, so you probably don't - but can you do moving jaws?

Growly

LoboRoo said:
Growly said:
Just a heads-up, my fursuiting website is finally up! :)
http://www.growlythebear.com/

Take a look!

That's one of the best sites I've seen so far! I didn't see it on the order form, so you probably don't - but can you do moving jaws?

Sort of... the most recent head I completed has a moving jaw, but I didn't plan on it actually. A happy accident!
I know *how* to do it, but I've never actually tried, as I don't talk much in suit anyways.

J

Jelly

Well, I guess my only problem with fursuits is that I would hate to go to a con and have to keep my mouth shut for most of the duration. I go with friends, like to be social...not so much with pantomiming.

Although, I admit, if there was a really good leaf-nosed bat fursuit...I'd probably think long and hard about buying it. :3

Also, if anyone has ever seen that adorable Taun-Taun fursuit out there...that's pretty much the best thing ever.

SalemFuchs

I hung out with a couple people that fursuit when I went to Anthrocon last year. It seemed like fun. If it weren't for the price and my lack of funds, I'd have one made.

It's fun.
I do a little improv on the side, and being in a suit is always fun, especially to practice pantomiming. And the reactions I've gotten from people are pretty hilarious.

Kyrre

A lot of my friends do it, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a fursuit. It's really not my thing, at all. I don't care if other people do it, but I'll stick with what I've got, thanks.

Honestly, I just think it would be cool to be able to dress up like my character. It just seems like it would be fun. That's all.
And having a custom made suit, whether I did most of it or got help, or even paid to have someone do it (which I doubt I would), it would just be cool having a costume that is MY character, and not some general random animal or something.

So yeah, that's what I think.

A

Ahkahna

joecifur said:
For me it's not about being closer to an animal or a character or anything -- it's just fun. It gives me a chance to be silly.

I love making them, too. My only advice re: making a realistic one is take your time, research online, have lots of reference pictures, and if you practise before you make The One You Want to Keep, it'll come out much better.

I agree. After seeing how much fun people have in their suits it made me more interested in wanting to try it out. It just looks like people have a great time and can be a little 'goofy'.

I was especially happy to see your suits as well as others, there were a LOT of very nice looking ones there :3