• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fursuiting the opposite sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vulpine

Art Vulpine
I was looking at some You Tube clips with a few fursuiters and I saw a few that were males dressed as a female furry.

Personally I think it's strange, but I'm not one to judge.

Here's the question:

Those of you who do fursuit...

Who of you prefer to suit as a furry of the opposite sex?

Meaning

Human male- Female furry fursuit
Human Female - Male furry fursuit

Just a random wondering.

Sage Fox

Pensive

Being a straight female, I love seeing guys dressed as girls. However...I, myself, am a VERY tomboyish girl (I'm mistaken for male very often online, and sometimes offline), I also enjoy dressing like a guy, myself, so I like both. :]

Nylak

Angry Otter
Mmm, my "fursuit" is of a random male wolf character, so I suppose so. But he's rather androgenous and is going to be sold anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

But in all honestly, that kinda creeps me out--the entire topic, I mean. Especially males in female suits. >_> Don't know why, probably because when someone's wearing a suit you really can't tell.

Eh. If I ever actually got a real suit, it'd be same gender (though my fursona is rather androgenous, so I guess you probably couldn't tell anyway).

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I don't mind it when people suit as the opposite sex. However certain suits, such as boob-suits should stay at home or be reserved for the con.

The only thing that annoys me other than that, well the other thing does more than annoy me, but back to what I was saying, I get a bit miffed that when you are a female in a costume that looks female because it fits your body, you get stereotyped as being male.

Which...it just makes me slightly peevish. Then again, I'm the one who joined a fandom where most of the members are male, and most of the people who dress up in suit are male, regardless of what the suit looks like.

Any attempt at trying to look female in costume will translate as "you're a guy"...which still leaves room for being a little hissy.

Beastcub

The only thing that annoys me other than that, well the other thing does more than annoy me, but back to what I was saying, I get a bit miffed that when you are a female in a costume that looks female because it fits your body, you get stereotyped as being male.
my sister would agree

cross dressing fursuits (that are NOT anatomically correct) do not bother me much, boob suits over a C-cup (max) need to stay at cons though, and if in public boobsuits need to have a shirt on to tone it down, we don't need the public wondering what is up with the triple-D breasted mascot at the mall.

i have cosplayed a few males (totoro, shippo and link) and with cosplay it is very common to find females dressing as males since many male characters are teenage pretty boys. i have even seen a few respectul males cosplaying as females, and then there is the ever horrible man-fae.

as for guys in a female suit, well i have meet a few and they play the role so well and come across as being such sweety pies. also if they are the kind of guy who wish they were female (and if they could afford it would have a sex change) then of course they are going to have a female costume. som fem-men creep me out but most of the ones i have meet in real life were really nice and it struck me as sweet that they were so in touch with the opposite sex.
plus i would MUCH rather be around some burly guys in a female fursuits than burly guys in drag (some men should just never try to pull off a female appearance)

Kittiara

Kitt
I think males suiting as females would work better with hip padding. It's difficult to be a convincing female when you have the broad-shoulders-narrow-hips male thing going on. Boob-suits are a bit eyebrow-raising, but I've seen suits that have a bit of padding in the chest where it's just a rise, not individually-distinctive breasts, and I prefer that.

OH GOD RAMBLING

To answer your question, I don't suit because I can't afford it and I wouldn't be serious anyway, but if I had a suit of one of my male characters, I'd wear it without thinking twice and, depending, practice "male" theater mannerisms to play it correctly.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
my sister would agree

cross dressing fursuits (that are NOT anatomically correct) do not bother me much, boob suits over a C-cup (max) need to stay at cons though, and if in public boobsuits need to have a shirt on to tone it down, we don't need the public wondering what is up with the triple-D breasted mascot at the mall.

i have cosplayed a few males (totoro, shippo and link) and with cosplay it is very common to find females dressing as males since many male characters are teenage pretty boys. i have even seen a few respectul males cosplaying as females, and then there is the ever horrible man-fae.

as for guys in a female suit, well i have meet a few and they play the role so well and come across as being such sweety pies. also if they are the kind of guy who wish they were female (and if they could afford it would have a sex change) then of course they are going to have a female costume. som fem-men creep me out but most of the ones i have meet in real life were really nice and it struck me as sweet that they were so in touch with the opposite sex.
plus i would MUCH rather be around some burly guys in a female fursuits than burly guys in drag (some men should just never try to pull off a female appearance)

Well, hopefully those kinds with excessively large breasts end up staying at cons or at home.

That said I understand that the people behind the gender different suits can be perfectly good people. I understand why they do what they do. It's the rest of the community though that makes it a bit annoying.

I agree heavily with that last statement.

Frasque

take EVERYTHING i say SRSLY!!!
It's a suit, you're pretending to be another species, why not another gender as well? It's part of the fun.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I fursuit in the opposite gender for reasons I have trouble making a female fursuit look "Female" and at the same time, I can't draw them much to save my life (I have been practicing).

I do not have a problem with it at all, and never found a reason to have one, except for shemale fursuits...

But a character's a character even if it is male or female and opposite from your gender.

loveypuppy

woof woof!
My first fursuit is gong to be male. I see no reason to think twice about wearing it. Like beastcub I am into cosplay too, so I guess crossplay just isn't a big deal to me.

Wovstah

Best icecream flavour ever!
I have mostly male characters... *squishes boobs* ;.; It's gonna be hard to hide them until I get them reduced.

kumakaze

Milkbone McTreataddict
My fursona, and most of my characters... well, if you asked me, I'd have to tell you they're male, because technically they are. But I don't think of it as 'crossdressing' or anything like that, because it's not like I'm trying to be a guy, or that I'm gay and I'm dressing up as what I wish I was, like some suiters (not making fun of them). For one thing, I'm really tomboy, and male characters suit me better. For another thing, if you're fine with wearing a male suit, you don't care about the gender, and you're satisfied with the look of it, why bother trying to make it look femme?

KiyaraSabel

The Arboreal Hyena
Wow, I just realized that the second fursuit I intend to design may well end up giving the impression I'm a man with boob envy. The design will be an equine, and as horses are very rounded animals, my natural skinny form wouldn't lend well to the shape, so there will be much padding to make me rounder.

MichaelOlnet

Dreamer
As much as I think it would be fun, you still can't emmulate the female sex's...well, most technical trait as well as nature builds it. Boobs are one thing, but they've got their things for a reason.

I'll stick to my gender in real life, but the offer is tempting. ^^

I will be making a male fursuit if/when i finally am able to make my own. For one, i'm more of a crossplayer than anything, and my charecter is male. (or at least very, very androgynous)

For anouther... The pain in the neck it would be to try and make a female form fitting suit for my first one.... ah... I'll stick with what is easier. ^.~

and nooo- Not the duct tape! Pull out the trusty ace bandage ^w^ It'll save you some skin later XP

Elite723

Will yiff under pressure
I personally am looking for a female whom like furys and is around my age but ive had no luck :(

czgoldedition

Chinook McMutton Z
I'm a chick who wears a lot of male characters - it's good times. :3 There's a certain measure of joy to be had in getting to be something your not - ie, a small girl getting to be a big, buff wolf man. I could see the appeal in a fellow going the other way as well. It's an enjoyable acting challenge!

TamaraRose

personally i see nothing wrong with them its there call... on of my best friends and fav suiters is a good example... corsi mouse... she in suit he out of it... if in suit at a con she has D cups and.,... if we are to be doing an event in public she greanlly gets eather a dress or a triple x con teeshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.