• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
An idea iv had for a while is a fursuit with ballistic-grade kevlar sewn into it, so it would be bullet and shrapnel-proof if anything bad ever happened. what do you think of the idea?

(and it would be intended to still look normal, the kevlar would be under the fur and stuff)

B

backpawscratcher

Sounds fun. It would be like having a fursuit shaped panic room. Would it have a utility belt, so the wearer can go full Batman?

Or Manbat even, if the fursuit itself was a bat.

Yeah, do it!

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
wtf? are you planning to fursuit in a battlefield or something?

wouldnt the extra layer make it even hotter, anyway? i feel like hyperthermia is a risk in fursuits already,this seems worse

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
Technically feasible, I suppose. Not at all practical. One would likely pass out from the heat; especially if engaging in combat while suited-up.

I have also worn Kevlar chainsaw gear. It doesn't breath, but at least the sweat evaporates quickly once the article is removed.

D

Deleted member 82554

This sounds awfully familiar, like, an idea another member here had and got torn to pieces over. I think the idea is idiotic.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Sheesh - here we go again.

Please don't feed the troll. Ignore him and he will move on to other things.

Dongding

The sheep
The general consensus is fursuits are already extraordinarily inconvenient and expensive without making one into a veritable oven for what's essentially no good reason.

I don't think you're trolling since you're a long-time member and rubber/latex fur and maybe this stems from that a little just as something that you might consider to be an interesting branching side-concept..?

This sounds awfully familiar, like, an idea another member here had and got torn to pieces over. I think the idea is idiotic.

I remember that thread. He really did get torn apart. I liked the first half of your post but it got a little rude at the end, unforunately.

Edit: I have to wear high pressure water jetting cut-suits at work and I can attest to how awful it is to have to sit in your own sweat and filth all day heaving that heavy shit around. It's not something you would want to do unless you have to.

Double Edit: This shit is unpleasant as hell. You don't want this.

WaterArmor-Waterjet-Suit.jpg

Triple edit: Beard optional, but I don't recommend anyone grow one of those either. I assume the chainsaw guys might disagree!

Last edited:

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
Are you planning on shooting up a furcon? Sure sounds like it
Why?

I don't know if this is a troll thread or not, but if you really wanted to, you could just put on a normal kevlar vest and then wear a normal suit over that. It would probably get pretty uncomfortable though. Shrapnel, wtf? Are you expecting a bad guy to lob hand grenades at you too?

no -3- just i think it would be cool to have a fursuit that you could say was bulletproof. and if a terrorist ever bombed a con you were at the suit would protect you.

Sheesh - here we go again.

Please don't feed the troll. Ignore him and he will move on to other things.
im not a troll ->-

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
wtf? are you planning to fursuit in a battlefield or something?

That is a funny idea, though, to have fursuited battlefields.

Actually, I think it should be a requirement, of all battlefields, and the standard uniform! : V

B

backpawscratcher

That is a funny idea, though, to have fursuited battlefields.

Actually, I think it should be a requirement, of all battlefields, and the standard uniform! : V
Between skunks on one side and foxes on the other?

Simo

Between skunks on one side and foxes on the other?

Foxes are sneaky...these suits could help us keep 'em in check.

Though, of course...there are other ways.

EDIT: and this goes for Gorillas, too!

Simo

Gorilla warfare :D

This reminds me: When I was maybe 6 or 7 a friend of mine in school said he wanted to be a leftist gorilla when he grew up. But just because he had heard the term on TV and he thought it sounded fun, not really knowing what it meant. : )

B

backpawscratcher

This reminds me: When I was maybe 6 or 7 a friend of mine in school said he wanted to be a leftist gorilla when he grew up. But just because he had heard the term on TV and he thought it sounded fun, not really knowing what it meant. : )
I think that sounds a much better option than the proper spelling TBH. Who wouldn’t want to swing though the jungle and sit eating bananas and leaves all day, even if they never used their right hands?

I think I’m now going to switch sides. Foxes, you’re on your own.

*pulls on Kevlar skunk fursuit*