• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Further Confusion 2014

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
So it's been decided, my husband and I have been trying to figure out if we are gunna go to FC next year and it turns out we are! So just seeing if any of you batshit insane motherfuckers are going to be there as well.

Anyway this thread is to talk about FC next year, hope to see some of you there. :3

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Seriously thinking of going as I will have the money. Sucks that it has to be when school starts back up for me.

Also, would need to find someone to room with.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
I won't be able to go next year, but I'm seriously considering 2015. It would be my first convention. I may have a suit commissioned by then, but if not, maybe I'll have it in time for FC 2016. I can't go to too many cons--grad school and all, also summer research.

Aetius

Okay, I totally want to go now.

WHO WANTS TO LET OLE SERBIA STRONG SHARE A ROOM?

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Still not sure what hotel we are staying in. Definitely not the Hilton. We stayed there this year for FC and it was a one hell of a hike to get from there to the Marriot where the con is. Especially in fursuit. So either the marriot or the Saint Claire across the street from the Marriot. The Hilton was kinda dumpy and the hotel staff were less than pleasent to deal with.

We were supposed to be going to RainFurrest but a conflict of our schedules got in the way so we made time for FC. Man I can't fucking wait, I always have super duper hella fun time at FC. Hopefully next year the speaker system in the "rave" doesn't eat shit like it did this year.

Venu.Shade

I am the Night
It depends on the situation for me honestly. I know I said I was moving out to Cali last year, but things didn't work out in the way of living arrangements so I'm back in Jersey. :/
Getting out to Cali alone will be a hassle, especially with my suit... though my current boss knows I'm a furry and knew where I was going for AnthroCon.

powderhound

I'm going for sure.

According to http://hempcon.com/ the marajuana show is going to be there at the same time. If that does't seal the deal for you batty I don't know what will.

Unfortunately the pretentious volleyball moms are also scheduled at the same time which should be very entertaining. Seeing as they complained so much last year about having to share the convention center with "unacceptable adults" or furries the'll probably have a stroke with hempcon and FC there. Who schedules this stuff???

If this happens I know what the unofficial theme of FC's going to be. Should make for a more fun than usual FC I think.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
There was already a hissy fit on the part of some of the volleyball WASP moms the last time Hepcon and FurCon shared the space.

The first woman they quote most in the article sounds like she suffers from a major case of sand-in-the-vagina-itis.

It's one thing to say, "I have concerns, because I want to keep my kids safe,"--because that's a reasonable, fair, non-hysterical statement in which one is owning one's own emotions--and it's quite another to rant and rave and mount the issue, and to cast aspersions on people you know nothing about.

Last edited:

powderhound

Ahahaha.

"I feel like it's one big Burning Man."

""Oh my God," she said, recalling several tense elevator rides during the tournament. "Who even ever heard of these people?"

I remember those awkward elevator rides fondly.

So they b*tched about both and now they are booked with both simultaneously. That's awesome.

Seriously though I can't imagine adding another 15,000 people to that convention center. It seems like FC fills it up as it is. Better get your rooms early.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Ahahaha.

"I feel like it's one big Burning Man."

""Oh my God," she said, recalling several tense elevator rides during the tournament. "Who even ever heard of these people?"

I remember those awkward elevator rides fondly.

So they b*tched about both and now they are booked with both simultaneously. That's awesome.

Seriously though I can't imagine adding another 15,000 people to that convention center. It seems like FC fills it up as it is. Better get your rooms early.
that lady clearly hasnt been to burning man. if you want to see what 10,000 dehydrated hallucinating nude people look like covered in sand dust, go to burning man. ALL I WANTED WAS A GLASS OF WATER! yeah hempcon is coming at the same time as furries, thats like two of my favorite goddamn things in the world. done deal.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I'm going for sure.

According to http://hempcon.com/ the marajuana show is going to be there at the same time. If that does't seal the deal for you batty I don't know what will.

Unfortunately the pretentious volleyball moms are also scheduled at the same time which should be very entertaining. Seeing as they complained so much last year about having to share the convention center with "unacceptable adults" or furries the'll probably have a stroke with hempcon and FC there. Who schedules this stuff???

If this happens I know what the unofficial theme of FC's going to be. Should make for a more fun than usual FC I think.
Hehe. Those soccer bitches were there this year. Then we ran into the same soccer cunts in Reno at the same hotel biggest little fur con was at. I just ignore them, so many tried to get pics with me and I just kept walking lol. If anything the soccer people were causing more trouble than FC was.

chesse20

my parent was going to take me but there was a conflict in our scheludes when they decided to change the date :(

Troj

Hehe. Those soccer bitches were there this year. Then we ran into the same soccer cunts in Reno at the same hotel biggest little fur con was at. I just ignore them, so many tried to get pics with me and I just kept walking lol. If anything the soccer people were causing more trouble than FC was.

You're KIDDING? The SAME GROUP ended up at two furry cons? That's hysterical.

That must be Hell for the ones who hate furries.

Troj

^^Yes, it does seem fitting that people should have to repeat an experience until they've made peace with it.

Karmic lessons: just another service we provide.

Aetius

Welp, looks like I am set to go.

What horrors should I expect?

powderhound

Jebus. You just prompted me to book my room and there's not much left in the main hotel already. Better get on it unless you like walking, and soccer moms.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
We are got a room booked at the saint Claire, which right across the street from the main con hotel. This year we stayed at the Hilton, so there was a absolute shit ton of walkin. I don't mind walking, but when your exhausted in suit and it feels like you legs are gunna fall off every last step you make then I'm fuckin over it.

Octofur

I live in San Jose and I just joined the fandom like last week... Should I go? I feel like I'd be an idiot if I didn't.

And before any of you ask, no, I can't let you stay in my house. I live with my parents. But I could drive places. Not like there's anywhere to drive, but yeah.

Lol, I wish I could say "I'm an expert in San Jose and I know all the best places" but I really just don't know anything living out in the 'burbs.

Eh, whatever. But if any of you are like 17/18 and want to go, I'm down to group up with ya

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!
I might just have to come out for the weekend... Considering how it would be the perfect way to start my last semester! xD

Hopefully I'll have my partial done by then.... stupid HW keeps getting in the way... Anyone know of any good, cheap campgrounds?? I prefer my truck over an expensive Hotel...(( only truck of it's kind :D http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/member.php?u=65717 ))

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I might just have to come out for the weekend... Considering how it would be the perfect way to start my last semester! xD

Hopefully I'll have my partial done by then.... stupid HW keeps getting in the way... Anyone know of any good, cheap campgrounds?? I prefer my truck over an expensive Hotel...(( only truck of it's kind :D http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/member.php?u=65717 ))
I couldn't tell ya. The con center where FC is gunna be is in Down Town SJ.

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!
I couldn't tell ya. The con center where FC is gunna be is in Down Town SJ.

I like to drive, I'll find somewhere. I'm even thinking of driving to AC next year if I have the funds.. :)

Aetius

If you need directions just look for me, I'll be passed out at the local 7/11.