• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Further proof Webkinz World is a furry virus

Irreverent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ZPtYN6eC8

Also suitable for the "you laugh, you loose thread." :D

Playing webkinz with the kits this morning, and I'm convinced that its a secret plot by Ganz (a Canadian company too) to inoculate the next generation with the furry virus.

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Because like Grover, anthros are so much better than you. :D

Defcat

Deaf spelled wrong...
Everything on TV and in advertising is effectivly administering the furry virus. Can't really avoid it.

Henk86

Always trust the Gene genie!
ummm... right.

It's like that thing in the 70's where they'd put subliminal messages in the cinema to make you buy more snacks.

Last edited:

Irreverent

o.o; No making fun of work I've done.

No fun intended; I'm a huge Ganz fan. And the kits love WebKinz world.

Sunny_Otter

Whatsa Motter?
I... am going to admit I play Webkinz. I have an otter and she is SO CUTE. The stuffed toys... oh my gosh. It's so hard to tell myself that I'm supposed to be an adult and not cover my bed in stuffed animals, but have you SEEN some of them?

My nieces and nephews got me into it, they loooove the game and it's so cute to see their typing skills improve as time goes on.

Irreverent

I... am going to admit I play Webkinz. I have an otter and she is SO CUTE. The stuffed toys... oh my gosh. It's so hard to tell myself that I'm supposed to be an adult and not cover my bed in stuffed animals, but have you SEEN some of them?

There's no doubt, WKW is a very detailed, heavily scripted, and well laid out "game" for the 6-12 year old set. Its almost like Second Life in its complexity, and that complexity seems to be growing. My two kits have about a half-dozen webkinz each now, collected over a couple of years.

But I have to admit, both my mate and I have ah, "helped" the kits from time to time. Ok, I'm addicted to Cashcow2. :oops: Irre's Otter hides on his desk at work, where he blends in with Frank and Gordon.

My nieces and nephews got me into it, they loooove the game and it's so cute to see their typing skills improve as time goes on.

Its not just typing, its the math and spelling skills too. I was pretty skeptical at first, but they are learning as they play.

Sunny_Otter

Whatsa Motter?
There's no doubt, WKW is a very detailed, heavily scripted, and well laid out "game" for the 6-12 year old set. Its almost like Second Life in its complexity, and that complexity seems to be growing. My two kits have about a half-dozen webkinz each now, collected over a couple of years.

But I have to admit, both my mate and I have ah, "helped" the kits from time to time. Ok, I'm addicted to Cashcow2. :oops: Irre's Otter hides on his desk at work, where he blends in with Frank and Gordon.

Its not just typing, its the math and spelling skills too. I was pretty skeptical at first, but they are learning as they play.

Their parents play on their accounts after they've gone to bed. ;) "Hey wow look at all the kinzcash I have how did that happen!"

I do agree, it's probably one of the neatest educational games I've seen and it's kept their interest for at least over a year -- that's pretty impressive for ANY game, heh.

They're making one geared towards even younger kids which is kind of weird, but at the same time if a 3-year-old can navigate youtube to find the cartoons he wants (I've watched this in action) I guess it's not beyond them!

Booger Gets an A's my favourite!

PaulShepherd

Hawt Dawg
It might be, but I dunno. My sis is a big fan of it too, but doesn't show signs of furryness like me. I am just not convinced.

Defiant

Uses lots of sarcasm.Seriously
I bought one to see what they were all about before I got some for my kids. I actually played with my racoon for about a month. I felt like such a douche playing with it online. But ti was good clean fun and entertainment. My kids love them. I get them new ones every couple of months. I forgot my name and password though. :(
It's a good clean environment where they can play , learn and have fun all at the same time.
Many good things come from canada. Canada isn't retarded like the US. Maybe we can send camel webkins over there where all of the war is and use the subliminal messages to help the world?
NOt sure I would automatically assume webkinz is for furries or a furry virus. Why would you say it's a furry virus?

Last edited:

Henk86

Always trust the Gene genie!

Irreverent

Why would you say it's a furry virus?

Its a "virus" in the sense that is captures and captivates young, impressionable minds, introducing them to and socialize some of the basic concepts of "Furry."

To wit:
introduction to animal themed roll-play
introduction to animal themed on-line avatars and persona
interaction with other kinz participants that have animal

Its infecting/inoculating a new generation with furry concepts. To be fair, "worm" (in the internet sense) might have been just as adept a description. It spread through my extended family very quickly. Once one kit had one, they all had one by the end of the month.