• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Future Fursuiters of the World out there?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
And used heads used to go for super cheap, but recently the prices have slowly risen on old used heads to around the prices of a new head. I'm not sure why on that. >:\

Either the cos of basic materials like foam had gone up in price, or you are paying extra for a namebrand.

Fay V

Lost to this world
The fear part would be what I dislike the most about fursuiting. Specifically, I like little kids and would hate to make a kid cry because they are scared of me.
Don't worry about it. As a fursuiter you will not be want for attention. I say this all the time, I am practically a broken record, LET PEOPLE APPROACH YOU NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. This is what furfags don't understand. They feel that it is a free ticket to hassle people. Now an experienced suiter knows when a person is happy and interested from afar and want to play, and someone that is not interested, but if you just go out someone will come up.

I made sure to pick characters to make into fursuit that are almost all of one very common color for this reason. I can buy spare parts in black fur and be able to switch or add them onto my suits without any problems. And it is so much cheaper. And used heads used to go for super cheap, but recently the prices have slowly risen on old used heads to around the prices of a new head. I'm not sure why on that. >:\
Because furries are a bit dumb, pay more for name brand, or just overvalue a fursuit not understanding it is a used good.

Jack

I will be getting my suit sometime this year, I'v already drawn up my designs, taken measurements & saved around $2000. Im going to try for mixed candy, or one fur all studios.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I will be getting my suit sometime this year, I'v already drawn up my designs, taken measurements & saved around $2000. Im going to try for mixed candy, or one fur all studios.

Scribblefox is cool, but be prepared for a wait.
I heard Mixed candy is mean, but I dunno. Can anyone back that up? I was planning to work with them but got told to hush and wait till quotes open.

Olaunn

Big Dum Dum
I might someday. I think it would be fun to create a metalhead lion suit, because I like to shred metal riffs on the guitar. Hell maybe I'll start a band that plays while in fursuit.

Nah, that's pretty stupid isn't it?

Fay V

Lost to this world
I might someday. I think it would be fun to create a metalhead lion suit, because I like to shred metal riffs on the guitar. Hell maybe I'll start a band that plays while in fursuit.

Nah, that's pretty stupid isn't it?

that sounds fun, but it depends on what you mean by "stupid" you can do it but don't cry troll if you get heckling for it.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I heard Mixed candy is mean, but I dunno. Can anyone back that up? I was planning to work with them but got told to hush and wait till quotes open.
I only heard about them being very expensive. Nothing about mean, though. Got to ask around like you're doing now.

To be honest, MC has the most used suits in the fandom. Now, that's not exactly a bad thing, especially not for the company itself. But seeing the same style of suits in con videos gets to be annoying or boring.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I only heard about them being very expensive. Nothing about mean, though. Got to ask around like you're doing now.

To be honest, MC has the most used suits in the fandom. Now, that's not exactly a bad thing, especially not for the company itself. But seeing the same style of suits in con videos gets to be annoying or boring.
I suppose mean was a bad word. something like...I guess very brunt and short with people

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I suppose mean was a bad word. something like...I guess very brunt and short with people
It's fine. Some people would find that mean. I'd guess if that was the case, then it would be due to the workload they have to do. It's a good thing their suits have good quality.

israfur

YES PLEASE
I can definitely see myself in a fursuit some time down the road of life, I just wish I could afford one now.
Well... Okay maybe not now, I'd pay for college and THEN buy a suit xD

Mem

Im not guilty but Im use to it
I cant wait to get a fursuit! I'm gonna have to commission as money permits though. most of my extra money goes to my other hobby, tattoos. i'm hoping to find someone in May to do the head and tail for me, then later on have the same person do paws. I cant wait, I'm hoping to find more people in my area just to hang out with around town or at the park in our suits hehe. I dunno, just sounds fun to me.

Jeter

Rural legend and raconteur...

Thanks for posting this Deo. After looking through the journal entries, I have to ask: is it customary to tip a fursuit artist when you receive your completed suit and if so, what percentage is appropriate? I saw this mentioned on one post and wondered how common it is to do so.

Thanks for any/all replies!

Mint

I Don't Even Know
I plan on buying a fursuit in the future, myself! I have since I was fifteen... so, about five years now. I just really need to save the money.

The only REAL issue I face is commissioning a squirrel suit that is to my liking. I mean, I barely have any examples to go by seeing as I've only seen a handful of squirrel suits in the fandom to begin with, and most of them are... not the best quality. (from what I've seen, that is)

Last edited:

Kalimba

Gabe Utsecs
Whatever you guys do, do not do anything stupid in/with it.

ShadraAvro

Actually I admit I too am an eventual future suiter. I love the idea of being able to appear as a character of mine for the artistic challenge. Plus while generally I dislike kids I can't help but smile from the interactions you see sometimes where the kids are really excited by the animals. In short as long as you don't abuse it, fursuiting is a fine (and fun looking) past time

Urbanwolf

I wish i could find either enough money to commission a partial or find enough money to buy the fabric. But until then I'm just going to have to wait.

T

Tewin Follow

I plan on buying a fursuit in the future, myself! I have since I was fifteen... so, about five years now. I just really need to save the money.

The only REAL issue I face is commissioning a squirrel suit that is to my liking. I mean, I barely have any examples to go by seeing as I've only seen a handful of squirrel suits in the fandom to begin with, and most of them are... not the best quality. (from what I've seen, that is)

Maybe you should look at citra suits as reference? They have similar tails to squirrels and everything.

Nae

I also hope to be a future fursuiter. I'm in the process of making my own suit, but I suspect that with the speed (or more; lack off speed, I keep redoing things over and over and over again) I'm working right now it'll take a good amount of months for me to finish it. I don't mind tho, I can wait and I must say it's been suprisingly fun working on it so far.

I'm going to be a future fursuiter once my partial is done by the end of March! I'm looking forward to getting into the suit for the first time as well as creating the overall character for Sef. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is the outfit that I want to wear with it. I don't really know exactly what I should do let alone if my current clothing would suffice. Does anyone have any good pointers on the over all process of clothing for partials?

Nekomimi

I'm attempting to make a fursuit, too, but since I'm a n00b at furuits I'll pry sell it for a low price and gradually save up for a super good-qaulity suit someday...I'm dying for one.;_____;
Good luck on your fursuit quest!:33