• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Game/Comic Urban Life as an Ex-Fantasy Warrior

Opening note

I intend this to be a comic with a narrative primarily controlled by the readers. As such the end of each segment prompts for viewer input. Something like old school MsPaint adventure, (Tho don’t anticipate story telling done on that grand a scale) There will be art each post plus text describing details. Style will be pretty quick and sketchy. This game will probably be a PG to Pg-13 rating based of reader response.

No sign ups, just jump right in and start inserting commands for the characters. Ideally I’ll be updating every 48 hours. I figure that’ll be enough time for me the gather my wits and get something done.

-/-/-/-/-

Its been about three months since my friends and I were banished from our own world. Having no means of getting back we had to adapt. Coming into this world none of us had concepts of cars, television, phones. Nobody has to hunt, or farm, everything is bought with money. Living here certainly is... different.

This is me.

Story 1 Cree 1.png

I was once a fierce Fire Conjuring Warrior of the battle field. Now I’m working at a department store. Somehow being a Warrior of the sales floor isn’t as invigorating.

What really bothers me the most is thinking about whats going on in our home world. The one who banished is here. The Ambiguous Wizard King. What is he doing now?
Story 1 Cree 2.png

I’m done with work for the day. I should go home and check on the friends bunking with me. However, I also wonder how my friends Clementine, July, Terence and Patience are doing. I could explore more of the town too I guess.

I’ll make up my mind as I walk.

Story 1 Cree 3.png

-/-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Low, Perplexed

Inventory: Wallet (50 coin), slot 2, Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

-/-/-/-

What should Cree spend his night doing?

Last edited:

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Our funds are a little low.

Make a stop at a near by atm and pull out a hundred dollars in spending money.

Our funds are a little low.

Make a stop at a near by atm and pull out a hundred dollars in spending money.

The coin I have on me right now is enough to cover me for tonight's expenses, but I'll need more for the next few days. I also have no idea what the grocery situation is like at the apartment.

Story 1 Cree 4.png

There's 975 coin in the account. I have a joint account with July. It'd be wise not to over extend myself.

A 100 coin should be enough. Now where should I go?

-/-/-/-

(Coin values are split into 1's, 5's, 25's, and 50's. A "1" coin would be enough to buy a candy bar, a "5" would be enough to buy a cheap shirt, a "25" would be enough for a good meal, and a "50" is enough to lull you into a false sense of security this evening)

-/-/-/-

Mood: Low

Inventory: Wallet (150 coin), slot 2, Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I think spending the "50" to lull yourself into a false sense of security is wise; after all, it is saturday night. That shady looking dive bar on the corner with the neon sign looks like a safe bet...

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Head for the bar with the caveat that Cree is not looking for trouble. He honestly just wants to have a good time.

I think spending the "50" to lull yourself into a false sense of security is wise; after all, it is saturday night. That shady looking dive bar on the corner with the neon sign looks like a safe bet...
Head for the bar with the caveat that Cree is not looking for trouble. He honestly just wants to have a good time.

Others have told me I get aggressive when drunk. I've been avoiding alcohol since getting to this world for that reason. However, tonight I feel its time to put the wariness down, and to pick up a beer instead. Its not like I have to get drunk.
Story 1 Cree 5.png

Incidentally this tavern bar I pass going to and from work looks pretty tempting. Its called "Vivette's," but its missing a "t" and an apostrophe. I've heard from co-workers that this place gets really bad late into the night. Fortunately Its only 7pm right now. I probably could search out more places to drink at, but as of this moment I don't really know any.

Man that sure is a lot of neon signage.

Story 1 CH1 6.png

Story 1 CH 7.png

Its takes a moment for me to stabilize myself. There is lighting coming from both the floor, walls, and ceiling. The light shifts from space to space. Usually in the form of a pattern.

The music is louder then I was expecting despite hearing it from the outside.

The customers seem preoccupied with themselves. They sure are... younger then me. Am I that old? Is mid thirties old?

On the far end I see a bar with a feline, and a cervine bartender. The lighting appears less insane by the counter space.

Thankfully nobody has noticed me gawking inside the door yet.

-/-/-

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Cree should buy a drink. Have a seat by feline bartender and ask what they'll recommend.

Cree should buy a drink. Have a seat by feline bartender and ask what they'll recommend.

I walk to a seat at the bar near the cat. Unsure what I want to order. She looks up as I sit down.

Story 1 ch 1 8.png

"This is my first time here. What do you recommend?" I say.

Her response was cheery, "Well, do you prefer beer, whisky, wine, or mixed drinks?"

"Beer or wine definitely." I say.

Pointing to the shelf she says with confedance. "We recently started carrying Big Harvest. Its pale ale, well spiced, its tastes citrusy and of cloves. I had some the other day. Its really good with orange slices."

"Hey, that sounds good to me!" I say.

Turning away she gets a pint. While pouring she turns and says, "You said this was your first time here? This ones on the house! Be sure to bring your friends next time. Okay?"

She sets the ale in front of you alongside a platter of freshly cut orange slices.

-/-/-

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Take time to soak in the ambience and finish the drink.

Take time to soak in the ambience and finish the drink.

Story 1 CH 9.png

I had second thoughts when I came in and saw the floor lighting up like witchcraft. However, Its honestly not that bad over here at the counter.

The music seems to have switched to some slower tunes for now. I haven't really gotten into this world's music. The music they play at work is okay. I haven't listened to it anywhere else really.

Hmm...

Story 1 CH 8.png

I finished my beer quicker then I meant to... It was pretty good. Maybe I'll get another when I get the bartender's attention.

Mood: Relaxed

I’d be a bit cautious with more alchohol. Wouldn’t want to get too drunk.

I ended up breaking my "Update Within 48 Hours" schedule. Lots of crap involving my auto insurance, it ate right through the time I had set aside for drawing.

For contrasting responses I decided to assign numbers to each response in the event there is no tie breaker. I then use a rng to decide where things move. In this instance I thought that Tacoma~Datwolf's response were not v compatible in the narrative. So I let fate decide which to go with.

Another change in the comic is during dialogue I'll color text of the character leading the narrative. I'm also thinking of switching tings from 1st person to 2nd person.

-/-/-

ask for a shot glass and a little whiskey to remind you of home

The Bartender brought me a shot of whiskey. She also offered me a chaser, but I declined.

Instead of taking the whole shot at once I took about half in a swig. Afterward I ruminated of the aroma and bite of the drink. Reflecting on my hometown. It feels like it was so long ago.
Ask the fellow to the right about the music.

I snap out of it when the guy beside me laughs at a joke the bar tender made. What a candid fellow. Out of Curiosity I decide to speak with him. The music playing at the bar is the first thing that comes to mind.

Story 1 Ch1 10.png

"This music? Its TruChill." He seemed Surprised.

"I don't listen to music very much. TruChill must be really popular then?"

"Yeah, unfortunately its very popular. This is the kinda shit I'd listen too as a kid to fall asleep. Boring bands like this have been really big the past few years. Stupid kids like this repetitive hell-o-sounds."

"What do you like?"

"Oh, I love Riot Blast. Now there's a band that'll get ya pumped!"

"I'll keep that in mind."

I turn away and drink what's left of the whiskey. I wonder what time it is? Maybe tomorrow I should buy a watch...

"Hey man, If you're really interested I have some mix tapes I made of my favorite bands. I don't mind lending you one."

"That's nice of you, but I don't have a cassette player."

"Well I come here everyday after work at 8pm for a beer or two. The offer stands if you want to barrow some tapes."

-/-/-/-

Mood: Relaxed

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
(This is awesome, thanks for doing this!)
Thank the man and ask what he does for a living, mentioning that you work at the nearby shop.

(This is awesome, thanks for doing this!)
Thank the man and ask what he does for a living, mentioning that you work at the nearby shop.

I exchanged some more information with the fellow beside me. His name is Jones, and he works as a Car Mechanic several blocks from here.

I mentioned that I was working on the sales floor of the nearby department store. He asked about my employee discount. I apologized, and told him that I couldn't use it on non-relatives. He just laughed and said he was joshing me.

The evening was well spent. Time to head home.

Deciding it was time to head out I call the bartender over to pay for the whisky. It cost 10 coin.

I bade her and Jones farewell.

-/-/-/-
Walking out the air had chilled considerably. I didn't mind though, sometimes a brisk walk in cold air is really nice. I hear some wild youth talking behind me.
Story 1 Ch 1 11.png

They are probably heading towards the bar.

-/-/-/-
Story 1 Ch 1 12.png

???:That man... Uhhh- Roger!
Roger: Are you okay Lily?
Lily: The bull there. He is the one I was talking about! Whenever I see him its like I start suffocating from smoke. Off in the distance I can hearing people wailing. There's something very unnatural about him.
???: What the hell Lily?!
Roger: Tennis... don't start.
Tennis: No no, its like every time I turn around your girl is doing weird physic shit. Its really annoying.
Lily: Its "Psychic," and I don't even know if its that. I get visions about people sometimes. I literally cannot help it.
Tennies: Yeah, like my ex girl friend being a vampire right?
Lily: She was.
Roger: Tennis shut up.
Tennis: Hehe yeah okay. So what about this bull. You seeing smoke, and hearing crying. So he some kind of demon?
Lily: I mean- I don't know what it "means" yet...
Tennis: Alright so here what I'm doing. I'll go rough this guy up. He'll turn out to be totally normal. Then maybe you'll start keeping all your crazy to yourself, okay?
Roger: You're being a dick.
Lily: I think this a bad idea. A very bad idea.

-/-/-/-

Tennis takes several steps forward and carefully focuses on Cree. Tennis then flicks his cigarette butt with great precision.

Story 1 Ch 1 13.png

I feel a light plink against my shoulder. Looking down I see a cigarette butt. I hear a rough voice behind me clearing their throat.

"Hey Mister!"

"I'm sorry. What do you want?"

"You and I are going to fight, here and now!"

I stood feeling incredulous. Though not worried about getting hurt. I am worried about the risk of me hurting him. Or drawing to much attention to myself. At the same time... this guy seems like he needs a good kick in the pants.

-/-/-

Mood: Chilled af

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), slot 2, Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

This guy looks like he wants trouble. Ask the other two standing on the sidelines to call him off.
Seconded, sounds like a good idea imo

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Since the man doesn't look to be drunk already calmly ask his friends what seems to be he problem.

This guy looks like he wants trouble. Ask the other two standing on the sidelines to call him off.
Seconded, sounds like a good idea imo
Since the man doesn't look to be drunk already calmly ask his friends what seems to be he problem.

Looking over I call out "Is this guy a friend of yours? Is he serous?"

The other male rodent speaks, "Umm, probably." He steps forward as if to intervene, but then halts as if conflicted. "Tennis, lets get out of here."

Tennis rolls his eyes. Then charges at me. He attempts to throw a punch. I catch it, then I catch the other. We stood squared away despite his pulling.
Story 1 Ch 1 14.png

"Do you mind getting him away from me?!"

Hesitation broken the other rodent comes forward. He grapples with Tennis, and manages to get him restrained. Tennis angrily yells, "What are you doing? You should be on my side Rodger!"

Story 1 Ch 1 15.png

"Thanks Rodger," I say as I turn and leave. Thinking as I go- I'm relived that I didn't consume too much alcohol tonight. If I were drunk things could have turned out much worse.

As I round the corner I hear the one called Tennis arguing with the other two. Smirking I think about how volatile I was when I was younger. If he is any good he'll grow out of it.

-/-/-/-

Roger and Lily stood alone as Tennis had abandoned them after his outburst.

Lily: I feel like this was all my fault. If I hadn't gotten so wrapped up in my visions I wouldn't have gotten Tennis aggravated.
Roger: No, you know how he is. I've been close friends with him for a long time. But if he keeps acting out like this I don't think I want to be around him anymore.
Roger: I don't want to talk about Tennis anymore. You still think the bull is evil?
Lily: I never said that. I just thought there was something supernatural about him. Well I still think he is hiding something big. I don't really know what.
Roger: Interesting. Maybe we'll run into him again some time.
Lily: I'd rather not honestly.

-/-/-

Mood: Relived

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), slot 2, Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Get home and ask your friends who's turn it was to make dinner tonight.