• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Game/Comic Urban Life as an Ex-Fantasy Warrior

No harm done. Lets head home.
Get home and ask your friends who's turn it was to make dinner tonight.
head home and watch the news, or some sports

At this point I'm definitely looking forward to going home and relaxing in front of the TV, and eating dinner with my friends. I turn the corner and see the apartment building.

Story 1 ch 1 17.png

-/-/-

Once inside I take the stairs. I'm not going to take the elevator.

Rounding the stairs I stumbled upon Margot. Margot was the one who helped us become adjusted to this world. She is the only person of this world who knows who we are, and how we got here. Hell, we materialized into her living room, we had to trust that she believed us. Otherwise he might be locked up in some top secret government facility, or dead.

Story 1 Ch 1 16.png

Right now she seems distracted by her music device. I could pass her by with her being none the wiser if I feel like it.

-/-/-

Health: Fair (getting tired)

Mood: Okay

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), slot 2, Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Listen for a bit but after a moment say "Hi. How was your day? Are you hungry? Sorry to ask, but who's turn was it to make dinner tonight?"

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Try a light pat on Margot's shoulder as you pass by. Just to say hi.

D

Dat Wolf

sneak by, turn on the TV and watch a sport the natives of earth call "basketball"

Ahh, I technically finished the update last night, but fell asleep before I could scan it in. XP

I'm only just now seeing Captian's, and Wolf's commands.
-/-/-

Listen for a bit but after a moment say "Hi. How was your day? Are you hungry? Sorry to ask, but who's turn was it to make dinner tonight?"

I loiter a moment. Suddenly she notices me, and turns around. Several of my thoughts spill out all at once, "Hi. How was your day? Are you hungry? Sorry to ask, but who's turn was it to make dinner tonight?"

"What?" She laughs, "You moved into your own apartment a few weeks ago dude. After you got your first pay check and everything."
Story 1 ch 1 18.png

"Oh yeah."

She continues, "I checked on your friends earlier today. I think Hugh is cooking some kinda veggie stew. I have already ate dinner."

Story 1 ch 1 19.png

"Nice, I guess I'll be heading off then."

"Oh hold on a second," She reaches into her pocket. She pulls out a carton of cigarettes. "The grocery store had a promotional deal. A free carton of Myer's Maple Cigarettes, with purchase of another Myer's carton. I only smoke Myer's Menthols. Would you like these?"

Cigarette's, depending on the brand, are a distinct status symbol. Myer happens to be the closest one can get to a "Luxury brand" without going to a specialty store. Having them could be useful whether or not I choose to smoke them. Should I take them?

Also, its surprising that Margot would so casually hand off something she could pawn for decent coin. I know she has some money. Maybe more then she knows how to handle.

-/-/-/-

D

Dat Wolf

Ahh, I technically finished the update last night, but fell asleep before I could scan it in. XP

I'm only just now seeing Captian's, and Wolf's commands.
-/-/-

I loiter a moment. Suddenly she notices me, and turns around. Several of my thoughts spill out all at once, "Hi. How was your day? Are you hungry? Sorry to ask, but who's turn was it to make dinner tonight?"

"What?" She laughs, "You moved into your own apartment a few weeks ago dude. After you got your first pay check and everything."
View attachment 55674

"Oh yeah."

She continues, "I checked on your friends earlier today. I think Hugh is cooking some kinda veggie stew. I have already ate dinner."

View attachment 55675

"Nice, I guess I'll be heading off then."

"Oh hold on a second," She reaches into her pocket. She pulls out a carton of cigarettes. "The grocery store had a promotional deal. A free carton of Myer's Maple Cigarettes, with purchase of another Myer's carton. I only smoke Myer's Menthols. Would you like these?"

Cigarette's, depending on the brand, are a distinct status symbol. Myer happens to be the closest one can get to a "Luxury brand" without going to a specialty store. Having them could be useful whether or not I choose to smoke them. Should I take them?

Also, its surprising that Margot would so casually hand off something she could pawn for decent coin. I know she has some money. Maybe more then she knows how to handle.

-/-/-/-

(oof mate)
take them and head up to bed, smoking one on the way

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Take them, thanking her, and then go to your kitchen to see what is available to make for dinner.

Does cree smoke? Idk but it would be a cool trick to light a cigerette with magic. Thank Margot and take the carton.

Story 1 ch 1 20.png

Its a pretty nice looking carton too. I thank Margot, and wish her a good night.

(oof mate)
take them and head up to bed, smoking one on the way

Looking at the package I decide to go ahead and sample them. Its not everyday I smoke, (its an unnecessary expense honestly) But I'm feeling in the mood for it right now.

Opening the pack I pick one. Flexing my palm I emit a small flame. Once the cigarette is lighted I take a drag. Pausing in the stair well for a minute. I try to take my time going up to my room, but before you know it I'm at the door.

Story 1 CH 1 21.png

I knock on the door. (I forgot my key)

A voice behind the door chuckles. "Why hello Stranger."

"Lloyd, open up."

"Yes yes, I'm concentrating very hard on doing just that. Its taking a lot of work. You ask so much of me. But it is okay because we are amigos. Yes its happening now. Any second. My... Hand... Is... On... The...-"

I clear my throat. There are times I don't mind his games. Right now isn't one of them. The door cracks open.

Story 1 CH 1 22.png

Here's Lloyd. He's an Abstract, beings that are as bizarre in behavior and power as they are in appearance. He is considerably saner then most his kind. In some ways he seems almost child-like, very lithe and playful. He also has a horrible attention span.

Story 1 CH 1 23.png

The apartment goes from the entrance to the kitchen. From the kitchen there's a door leading to one bed room, then the living room is across from the kitchen. In the living room there is a single hallway leading to the main bathroom, second bedroom, and a pantry closest.

The first bedroom is quite large. Having a king sized bed, full wardrobe, and a bathroom. The second bedroom is smaller with a single size bed, and that's about it. We've been alternating who sleeps where weekly , switching off between the first room, second room, and the living room couch. The first bedroom fits two with no trouble. Its actually a much better situation then when we were ALL living with Margot. That includes July, Terrence, Clementine too. Like nine people all living together, ughh.

The Pantry has our washing machine and dryer.

Walking through the kitchen I see Hugh, and Earnest in the living room watching tv.

Story 1 CH 1 24.png

Earnest appears to be half asleep. Hugh on the other hand is quite awake. He turns to me and waves, "Ay! soup is on the stove. How was your day?"

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), Myer's Cig (19 left), Slot 3, Slot 4, Slot 5

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
serve yourself a bowl of soup. While your at it, go ahead and tell hugh about your day. Dont forget to mention the run in you had outside the bar.

D

Dat Wolf

get some food and just tell em ur day was ok; that run-in would make them suspicious the gov't is coming for them

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Grab some soup and go over to talk to Hugh and Ernest. Do mention the fight, but also don't forget the offer from the guy at the bar in case any of them are interested.

get some food and just tell em ur day was ok; that run-in would make them suspicious the gov't is coming for them

I look down at the soup in the bowl. I take several ladles. It smelled alright. Hugh liked cooking meat in the home world. Here though meat is restricted to unnerving flesh grown in labs. Any other meat is outlawed. Personally, I only ate vegetation, but I can tell Hugh's heart isn't in this kind of cooking.

"Anything interesting happened today dude?" Hugh asks.

In this world. Half of my friends are unable to go out in public. The citizens here are all humanoid animal people like July, Clementine, Patience, and myself. Being unable to fit in Hugh, Clyde, Ernest, and Terence are reliant on the rest of us to survive. If I tell them about nearly getting in a fight it would worry them too much.

It wasn't a big deal anyways. Not even worth thinking about.

"Yeah, today was okay."

"Well that's better then a bad day." Hugh replies.

Grab some soup and go over to talk to Hugh and Ernest. Do mention the fight, but also don't forget the offer from the guy at the bar in case any of them are interested.

"There is one thing. You wouldn't happen to have a cassette player would you? I met a guy offering to lend me some music he owns."

"Naw man sorry" Hugh shrugged. Ernest didn't respond, and Clyde said he hadn't one either.

talk about your day and see if there is anything you like on TV

Story 1 CH 1 27.png

The sports of this world are very interesting to you. Everybody takes it so seriously, and its treated as being such a heroic lifestyle. The games entertaining to watch. I do have to admit I have trouble following what's going on.

Last time I watched Football they were garbed in leather armor, were outside on a much bigger battlefield, and were supposed to tackle each other. Now all of the sudden their wearing loose baggy clothing, and they can't tackle each other. What is happening?

"We are now taking a break from tonight's Basketball game for a word from our sponsors!"

"Ahh, damn. The score is tied now." Hugh interjects, "I want those guys in the green to win"

"Uhh yeah. Definitely."
-/-/-/-

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), Myer's Cig (19 left), , Slot 4, Slot 5

D

Dat Wolf

(i play football irl and that is one of the best ways ive ever heard it described lmao)
finish eating and get some sleep; you have work tmrw

ask what teams are playing

"What teams are these?"

"The ones in the green are the Berserkers. The ones in the silver are the Royals." Hugh responds, "I mostly rooting for the Berserkers because Royals are the fan favorite. I always prefer underdogs."

Story 1 CH 1 29.png

"It looks like they are losing now."

"They were doing really well during the first half. But the Royals have been gaining ground since."

"Ahh well. Its that guy Davey Chapmen, he is the Royals top player. It seems that he has been the key to their success this season. This game looks about set."

Story 1 CH 1 28.png

"Would you like to play the Power Station with me. I've been getting really good at Garage Fire."

finish eating and get some sleep; you have work tmrw

"I would if it wasn't already 11pm. I have to get up really early tomorrow." I say as I get up.

"Yeah. I guess I should have seen that coming. How about tomorrow evening?"

-/-/-

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), Myer's Cig (19 left), , Slot 4, Slot 5

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
I know its late but a couple rounds of garage fire wouldnt hurt.
Sleep will be most sweet after a win. -w-

D

Dat Wolf

he has to be at the store at 9 AM sharp. sleep is necessary, and needed now for a good day tmrw

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Agree that you will definitely play tomorrow and get some sleep.

Agree that you will definitely play tomorrow and get some sleep.

"I will be able to tomorrow." I say as I set the bowl down in the sink.

"Okay, I'll try and get the others over here as well. It'll be more fun with a full house." Hugh says, "Don't worry about dishes. I can do them."

"Thanks, and thank you for dinner too."

"No problem dude. Have a good night."

-/-/-/-

Entering my room after having showered, dried off, and brushed my teeth. I am officially ready to check out.

Story 1 CH 1 30.png

Looking at the clock I see its 11:30pm. I feel a little accomplished getting to bed before 12am. This world offers so many distractions its easy to get caught up. As I think it I here noise coming from the living room. Sounds like Hugh is still up watching TV.

Its funny thinking about how several months ago we would all sleep at sundown. Now with electricity it seems anybody can hold any kind of sleep schedule they want. I don't miss staying up really late before I got my job. I felt like I was slowly going insane being holed up in the same apartment all day. Hugh, and Lloyd seems fine, but I worry about how Earnest, and Terence are holding up.

I set my alarm for 7:30am.

-/-/-/-

END OF DAY 1

Okay, so I can't seem to find a way to start a poll without starting a whole new thread. I have a few questions to ask before I start the next day.

1. Should I continue using first person pronouns, (I, Me, Mine), or would 2nd person pronouns be better (You, you're, your?) First person I feel obligated to spell character feelings out more. 2nd person would put more emphases on action, and lets character feelings fall more on a reader's interpretation.
  2. Should I spend more time on the art? Or is the quality sufficient for the story?
  3. Would you like me to start tomorrow off with a different character's pov?

Pre-edit: I probably should have added this to last post? Getting ninja'd here is awkward. Sorry CaptianPanda. :p