• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Game/Comic Urban Life as an Ex-Fantasy Warrior

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
1) My vote would be for first though I'll enjoy it either way.
2) The art is great as it is. :)
3) I would vote for staying with the same character but either could be interesting.

^Thank you KiokuChan.

I feel like I'm a little late getting back here. Apologies for that. IRL things kept cropping up. XP

in the morning, wake up bright eyed, get some breakfast and a shower and head to the department store

I wake up feeling quite fiery and ready to get out of bed.

Despite having had a shower last night I decide to take another this morning. Coming back to my room I get dressed.

Story 1 day 2 p1.png

Today is Elof, aka last day of the work week. So I'm allowed to where something more casual today. A collared short with jean shorts. A lot of major companies close tomorrow for Undoa, only places that sell gasoline, food, or emergency services stay open. If I need to buy something today is the day to do it.

I scribble a list of possible goals carrying over from yesterday.

Story 1 day 2 p2.png

Passing through the living room I see Hugh us still asleep on the couch. Earnest, and Lloyd are probably asleep too. Looking at the clock I see its almost 8am.

Going to work on foot takes about thirty minutes, and I need to be there by 9am. Checking around in the cupboard all I see is some raw fruits and vegetables, and dry cereal. The fridge has almond milk, and this fake yogurt stuff that nobody has touched since it was opened. Nothing very filling here unfortunately.

Should I have something here, or get something on the way to work?

-/-/-/-
(goals are under Status menu)
Health: Good (Hungry)

Mood: Good

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin), Myer's Cig (19 left), , Slot 4, Slot 5

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
2) Look for Cassette player
3) Power Station time w/ Hugh tonight at home.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
^ I second this and add a few more things to the shopping list:
- better breakfast food for people to have over the weekend
- a pack of Myer's Menthols as a gift for Margot
-a book describing different types of sports and their basic rules.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
No telling if you'll have time to grab lunch while on the road. Lines could get long or traffic can become an issue.

Grab a fruit and a bowl of cereal to tide you over. Then head to work.

No telling if you'll have time to grab lunch while on the road. Lines could get long or traffic can become an issue.

Grab a fruit and a bowl of cereal to tide you over. Then head to work.

Story 1 day 2 p3.png

"Ehh, its better then not eating"

I finish the cereal and grab an apple to east on the way to work. This time I also remember the apartment key on the way out.

^ I second this and add a few more things to the shopping list:
- better breakfast food for people to have over the weekend
- a pack of Myer's Menthols as a gift for Margot
-a book describing different types of sports and their basic rules.

Story 1 day 2 p4.png

I hold the apple in my mouth while I close the door. Then I write down a few more notes. Glancing at the clock right before I left it appeared to be 8:15am. I'm doing well on time this morning.

-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Inventory: Wallet (140 coin, apt key), Myer's Cig (19 left), , Ink pen, Slot 5

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
4)Grocery shopping for breakfast.
5)A pack of Myer's Menthols.
6)Guide to sports?

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
We headin' to work.

Cree must have some sort of transportation. Car, bus, heck call an uber.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Take a nice stroll to work slowly finishing your apple as you have time.

We headin' to work.

Cree must have some sort of transportation. Car, bus, heck call an uber.

I know taking a taxi, or bus, would be quicker. Its such a nice day out though.

Its not like I have an aversion to motorized vehicles. They're non-living things that move... and are umm... loud, and smell bad. Yes, they definitely don't make me nervous. I'm absolutely walking because its so nice out today.

Take a nice stroll to work slowly finishing your apple as you have time.

Story 1 day 2 p5.png

"Good apple" I think as I walk down the sidewalks. The streets are bustling with strange and interesting people. They all go their marry way, nobody stopping for long. Turning my attention sky ward the sun has fully come up from the horizon. The air is smoggy but could definitely be worse.

Eventually I come to the bend where my department store is at. Its aptly called, "The big one," as its the biggest department store in the city.

grab a breakfast burrito at Cluckin' Bell and start walking. Try to get there early so you can get off early and get a watch and cassette player (it better be a walkman XD)

I check the sign entering the store's vestibule saying it is 8:40am. Twenty minutes early. "I could clock in early and get out early today" I think. Normally I should get manager approval if I come in ten minutes (or more) earlier then scheduled, but its Elof, so they shouldn't mind.

I go directly to my locker and adorn my vest. It lets everybody know that I am a "Big One" on the back.

Walking past the employee break room. I head to a clock in station. Unfortunately I see an assistant manger right in the middle of the hallway. I believe her name is May.

Story 1 day 2 p6.png

Assistant managers are bad about assigning extra duties to employees. I wonder if I could walk by with her noticing. Last thing I want is to cover some other department. Hardware was expecting several pallets last night so I'll be busy as it is.

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
6)Guide to sports?

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Head to the bathroom and hope she left the break room by the time you return.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
I would say keep moving and keep a calm face but that's definitely gonna invite extra work.

Other employees should be clocking in soon too, maybe wait till she stops to talk to one of them first.

I would say keep moving and keep a calm face but that's definitely gonna invite extra work.

Other employees should be clocking in soon too, maybe wait till she stops to talk to one of them first.

I duck back into a nearby hall way and decide to wait her out. If she doesn't move then somebody else is bound to come through sooner or later. Some poor unfortunate victim falling into the hands of management.
Story 1 day 2 p7.png

Its not long before something happens. There was a crackle on the radio. May(?) responded, "Hold on I haven't finished my breakfast yet." A moment goes by and the crackling begins again. "Aughh, fine I'm coming."

I hear the punch machine click, and she is off.

Looks like the coast is clear.

-/-/-

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
6)Guide to sports?

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Go sign in for work after she has left.

*notice*

Several of my appliances all broke down about the same time. I had to spend my days off from work to find and buy new stuff. Thanks to this and some other things I wasn't able to find time to draw much. Its going to be a 3~4 more days before the comic is back to updating normally. I'm sorry. :(

-/-/-

Go sign in for work after she has left.
Same as above. ^
Story 1 day 2 p8.png

Aswsome, I still got a 15 min head start even after the hold up.

I make my way to the back room where the freight is.
Story 1 day 2 p9.png

Pushing open the door. I see a clutter mess of pallets, and fright, and very few employees around. Going over to where the fright is separated by department. I manage to find a big pallet destined for hardware. Despite the mess I manage to maneuver it through the backroom like a real pro. Next thing I know I'm pulling it through the sales floor.

Story 1 day 2 p10.png

I get to my department hassle free, however a few boxes in I hear an angry customer several aisles away. I can't make out what they are saying however.

I could go and investigate, or I could mind my own business...

-/-/-/-

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
6)Guide to sports?

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
(Hey. Dont worry about the delays. Im just happy to see you still drawing up this story)

I'd say take a look back just to see what the fuss is about.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
*sigh* knowing customers can be really fussy but decide to go help out.. against your better judgement.

(Hey. Dont worry about the delays. Im just happy to see you still drawing up this story)

I'd say take a look back just to see what the fuss is about.
*sigh* knowing customers can be really fussy but decide to go help out.. against your better judgement.

I walk towards the verbal confrontation. It appears it is in the paint department.

Story 1 day 2 p11.png

I walk past the paint counter, and can see them out of the corner of my eye.

Story 1 day 2 p12.png

"But I need Lime Green Paint today! Why can't you make some more at the paint counter?!"

"I'm sorry sir. This isn't my department, I don't even know how to mix the pigments needed to make a new can of paint."

"This is really not what I want to hear right now! I've been waiting here for an associate for at least thirty minutes!"

I've only made paint a few times under the supervision of somebody who actually knew what they were doing. I could attempt to make a can of paint. Worst case scenario where I mess up it'll still get the customer out of our hair for awhile. Also, they haven't noticed me yet, I could easily bail... Or maybe there is another solution.

-/-/-

To-Do-List:
1) Get Watch
6)Guide to sports?

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Welp.. Trust your fellow employee will know what to do. If not, oh well. Its not the worst situation you can find your self in. Right cree?

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Look around for someone trained in mixing paints but if you can't find anyone offer to try.

Welp.. Trust your fellow employee will know what to do. If not, oh well. Its not the worst situation you can find your self in. Right cree?

I pull back. There's not much I could have done anyways.

As I get back to my own department I still hear the customer. The confrontation lasts a minute or too longer. Then it goes quiet.

I gather up a couple boxes and get to work.

Story 1 day 2 p13.png

-//-//-//-//-//-

Lets give Cree a break, and see what Clyde is doing.

-//-//-//-//-//-

Story 1 day 2 p14.png

After spending the last three hours processing the infinite complexity of the universe I get bored and wanna do something else.

I'm ready to leave this apartment and investigate this new world. I've spent a great deal of time practicing the forbidden arts of my forefathers. For most my life I relied on the easy stuff, illusion, to get by. After thinking it over I knew that I had to tap into my kind's exclusive power. Bending reality, adding and subtracting matter from the known world. For now I'm gonna use it to blend into this world. Down the road, with much more practice, it may be the key outta this world.

Hugh, and Earnest are in the adjoining living room. I can't decide to tell them what I'm doing or to try and slip out without them noticing.

-/-/-

Clyde has the power to create new objects, destroy old objects, or alter existing objects. He is unable to create, or destroy, organic life forms, but he can alter them (including himself.) Remember to beware of the costs, if Clyde's Force hits 0% something bad will happen... Illusions cost nothing, both creating and destroying matter will eat 50% of Clyde's Force, and altering matter is 20% of Clyde's Force.

-/-/-

Force: 100%

Inventory: no space

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Lets practice our illusions some more. Try masking your appearance to match that of hugh and speak to earnest.
When hugh is not around say something embarassing (but humorous) that hugh would never say to earnest while in disguise.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Open your window, turn into a bird, and fly off into the sky. Go wander the town as a bird in the sky until you see or hear something that looks interesting to involve yourself in.