• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Game/Comic Urban Life as an Ex-Fantasy Warrior

Open your window, turn into a bird, and fly off into the sky. Go wander the town as a bird in the sky until you see or hear something that looks interesting to involve yourself in.

Peering into the living room I see my friends playing chess. They can sit there and play round after round for hours on end. I decide to slip out. They won't even notice.

First thing's first, I'm gonna try out the form I'd been practicing the past few weeks.

Story 1 day 2 p15.png
Story 1 day 2 p16.png


Story 1 day 2 p17.png


Stretching the new muscles, feeling the bones and joints contort under my skin. The wings feel strong and powerful, as I flap and extend them to their peak range. Investigating my new feathers I see that it turned out good. I can fly with this. I mean, I've never flown before, but I've given myself the right duds for it. It can't be that hard right?

Stepping onto the bed I open up the window. With the window pulled up I can really really hear and see the city below. As if the city outside of the window up until now was nothing more then a mirage, an illusion. Seeing the height invigorated me to make my move. I wanted to shout something to announce my freedom. I couldn't think of anything to yell to convey my true feelings. Instead I said nothing, rather letting the power and strength of the wings unfolding, catching wind, speak for me.

Story 1 day 2 p18.png


-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Enjoy the feeling of flight, getting higher and then circling around a few times, and then pick a direction ... west and see what there is to see!
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Let's just see how well he blends in.
After a test flight, fly down and have a look around.
 
Let's just see how well he blends in.
After a test flight, fly down and have a look around.

After flying about for a few blocks I decide to land and walk for a bit.

Walking down the side walk the first thing I notice is that the cars are much louder up close in person then from the distance. Its disorienting. I stay towards the side of the building to give me some distance from the street. Its bizarre that after facing down large fiends of tremendous power I'd be wary of cars. As long as I don't get in the street I'll be fine.

Right about this time I reach a cross walk. The light that signals when to move was on, but i didn't move. People pass by, mostly ignoring me. Looks like blending in with the people wasn't so hard after all. Nobody cares that I stopped right in the way.

I keep following the sidewalk the circles the buildings in this block. I'll save crossing the street for later.

I reach what I believe must be a movie theater. Its a big building with large posters famed along side. I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for these movies on the tv. I look towards the entrance.

Story 1 day 2 p19.png


Is that, Margot?

-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Go up to her and say: excuse me? I'm sorry, but do I know you from somewhere? You just look soooo familiar.
*smile eager to see how she reacts.
 
Go up to her and say: excuse me? I'm sorry, but do I know you from somewhere? You just look soooo familiar.
*smile eager to see how she reacts.

A mischievous thought came to mind. I wonder if I could trick her into thinking I was a long lost friend of hers. She has ear buds so I walk into her plane of vision and wave her down. She takes out her ear ear buds and looks around to see if I might be waving to somebody else.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you from somewhere? You just look familiar..."

"Umm, I don't think so."
Story 1 day 2 p20.png


"No no, I'm sure I know you... You're Margot right?" I can barely stop myself from laughing.


"Yes actually. That is my name. Could you remind me where I know you from?"

-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Think back on stories she has told you and see if you can latch onto anything. If nothing good comes to mind just go with highschool.
 
(Hi I made the excutive desion to drink and draw, except I ended up mostly drinking. I'm definielty not intoxicated right now. Trust me. >.> <.<)
-/-/-/-

Think back on stories she has told you and see if you can latch onto anything. If nothing good comes to mind just go with highschool.

For the life of me I can't think of anything meaningful to answer this with beyond high school. Hopefully High school will work.

"Oh yeah, I knew you from South Benton's high school. You were a Grade ahead of me, and we didn't have any classes togethar."

"Then how did we meet?" Margot seemed perplexed.

"I saw you around. You were always with the cool ones."

"Really? I was very anti social in high school. I didn't hang out with anybody."

"Yeah, I guess I didn't know you very well."

Story 1 day 2 p21.png


She seems not as defensive around me as when I first greeted her. However she's still seems to know that somethings up. I wonder if I should drop the façade, or see how far I can ride it out.

Margot asks, "What did you say your name was?"

-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
*don't back down yet* Claudia Featheright. I was on the track team. If you ever watched our meets maybe that's why I feel like I knew you. I may be mixing some details with other people but I'm pretty sure we talked some at school.. hn... what activities were you part of again?
 
*don't back down yet* Claudia Featheright. I was on the track team. If you ever watched our meets maybe that's why I feel like I knew you. I may be mixing some details with other people but I'm pretty sure we talked some at school.. hn... what activities were you part of again?

"My name is Claudia Featheright. I was on the track team."

"Your name is Claudia?" Margot couldn't hide the confusion on her face.

Oh, Oh, Oh shoooot. I gave myself a male anatomy and physique. I forgot. This biological sex thing is really hard to keep track of. This is going to be complicated.

I blurt out, “I’m flat chested, and have a lower register!”

Story 1 day 2 p22.png


There was an awkward moment of silence before Margot said anything. “Ah, I’m sorry. I really put my foot in my mouth this time.” Margot scratched her head sheepishly.

Story 1 day 2 p23.png


As embarrassed Margot was over her “blunder” I can’t help but feel like I’m even more embarrassed then she is. “No you’re fine.” I search for something to push the conversion ahead. “What were you involved with outside of high school? Weren't you into sports?”

"Not so much sports as general fitness. There was a time where I was taking fencing classes, which is a sport, but I didn't play competitively. I was more into video games, and movies."

-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Thats right, your outside the theatre. Ask about what movie Margot is about to go see.
 
Thats right, your outside the theatre. Ask about what movie Margot is about to go see.

Story 1 day 2 p24.png


"So you're going to see a movie today right? What are you watching?"

"Yes, I'm going to watch a movie. First though, I was waiting on somebody I needed to talk to. It looks like he's late." She paused awkwardly then continued, "I'm trying to decide between Raise of the Demagogue, or Sarah Lied. The first ones a Scify, and the other is a drama. I heard they're both laughably bad, but I'm interested to see how bad."

"Sounds like you're setting up for a good time."

"Were you going to the movies as well?"

-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Good

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I was just about to check what was playing. I kind of felt like a movie but didn't really know if there was anything worthwhile at the moment.
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Say your here to watch a movie and
offer to keep margot company till that fellow she mentioned shows up.
 
Say your here to watch a movie and
offer to keep margot company till that fellow she mentioned shows up.

"Yeah, I do plan on watching a movie. I can hang out with you until he gets here."

Margot seemed nervous, "No actually, I'm fine. Why do you go ahead and check out whatever moive you were looking for."

Story 1 day 2 p25.png


I take the hint and walk towards the booth. While inspecting the movies I try to spy a bit more on Margot.

Before long a black car stops close to Margot. A well dressed fox gets out. They appear to be talking.

Story 1 day 2 p26.png


He hands her a envelope, and leaves. Margot is still standing by the wall and is looking out onto the passing traffic.

I get interrupted my the ticket person sitting within the booth, "Are you getting a ticket today? You're blocking the line."

-/-/-/-
Health: Good

Mood: Preplexed

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 
Apologize and turn back around, explaining that you forgot your money. If margot asks what’s up, just explain you left your money back at home, and weren't able to get a ticket.
 
(I'm sorry, I don't have anything drawn for this one. I wanted to keep the story moving. I'm wondering if Things would move more smoothly if I didn't post art each time. Instead maybe punctuating post with art as an establishing shot for a new envirments, new characters, and important moments

If its possible I'd really love feed back on better ways to run this story thing here.)

-/-/-

Apologize and turn back around, explaining that you forgot your money. If margot asks what’s up, just explain you left your money back at home, and weren't able to get a ticket.

Uncomfortably I look over the Ticket person, "Uhhaha, Look at that. I musta forgot my money. Sorry."

I sheepishly slip out of the line and walk back over towards Margot. She doesn't notice me walk up at first. After waiting a moment I start to speak, "Hey, I don't think the movies will be happening for me today". Her gaze moves from the traffic to me. She studies me like a sign written in a foreign language.

"Huh?! Sorry I didn't hear you." After snapping back into reality she continues, "I think I'll be skipping out on the movies today. It was nice seeing you Claudia. Maybe we can catch up again sometime."

She starts to turn and go. Margot seems much more furtive then normal. Something must be bothering her.

"Margot..." My voice trails off as she turns back to glance at me. I'm not sure what to say.

-/-/-/-

Health: Good

Mood: Preplexed

Force: 80%

Inventory: no space
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Margot has been a help to you and the others since your arrival. And whatever is bugging her should be looked into. Go gather intel. I would suggest tailing her briefly, changing your appearance around corners to avoid suspicion.
 
Top