• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Game Creators

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
Who else here creates video games? I'm just curious and wondered if anyone else shared interest in programming/designing/all of the other activities synonymous with creating a video game. Do you have a company (whether it is unofficial or not)? What game(s) have you created and what are they about? Do you have any future plans? Have you had any success with releasing them?

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
Who else here creates video games? I'm just curious and wondered if anyone else shared interest in programming/designing/all of the other activities synonymous with creating a video game. Do you have a company (whether it is unofficial or not)? What game(s) have you created and what are they about? Do you have any future plans? Have you had any success with releasing them?

I have tons of concepts and ideas for videogames, most came from my more innocent times. I never created any games (Unless the MicroGames in WarioWare DIY count), but I have always wanted to learn. I have the art skills (Drawing, 3-d Modeling and Animation), and am currently learning programming. I personally wouldn't join a company, I'd try to be a private developer. I had plenty of great ideas, plans and concepts.

Unfortunately, life came along and hit me hard. Now I barely have any time to think about making games or drawing for them. And when I do get an idea, I push it away because I think it is stupid since I don't see how I could make it work out. Really wish I had been able to do something when I had time....

Last edited:
M

modfox

if making whole new games on the zdoom source port counts then yes

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I've participated in a couple of game jams, using unity; but I don't do it very often.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Long story short : i made a game using RPGMaker2000 with all original assets, music, cutscenes, graphics, etc. But my dad formatted the family PC (it was on) and toasted aaaaaaaall my hard work.

rhansen23

Sailorhusky
I may be horrible at it, but I'm in the process of making an RPGMaker Horror Game based on a short story I wrote.

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
Nice! It's interesting to see what everyone has created, and that there are other game creators/programmers in the fandom :p

Long story short : i made a game using RPGMaker2000 with all original assets, music, cutscenes, graphics, etc. But my dad formatted the family PC (it was on) and toasted aaaaaaaall my hard work.

Rest in piece. I hope you're over it, because I don't imagine you would have been very happy x.x

That's quite impressive that you managed to put something up on the app store!

As for myself, I have been using a platform named ROBLOX (a website where you can design and host games for free, as well as virtual assets that can be sold for virtual money, groups and many other things) for many years now and have created some games on there:
Can You Survive a Tsunami? (I actually created this when I was 10 turning 11 with the help of someone else's toolkit and it accidentally got popular before the Japanese 2011 tsunami occurred and it had to be taken down) - 661k plays - Natural disaster survival game where you are put in a randomly selected map and a tsunami comes and breaks everything
Vampire Hunters - 4.2m plays - A game where one person is a vampire, one person has a gun and the rest work together to figure out who it is before they kill everyone
The Glitch - 423k plays - A horror game inspired by S.C.P. Containment Breach where a mysterious entity that messes up electronic devices kills everyone, players must find 10 fragments before time runs out or they are all found
Vampire Hunters 2 - 12.2m plays - An improved sequel
I have also attempted in making an anthropomorphic animal roleplay where players can design their characters and then they are released into a map to interact with other players

So in total I have around 17.5 million play sessions on all of my games ^^ I am proud lol so sorry for bragging

homie

the homiest of the homies
I don't really make video games, per se, but I do work on virtual pet sites in my free time!

I own Tygras if you've heard of it. ^^ (Probably haven't, but still)

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
I made a few simple games back when I was in high school for my class. Aside from that, no not really.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
I hope you're over it, because I don't imagine you would have been very happy x.x
if by "over it" you mean "lamenting every minute of my life remaining", then yes. (j/k) :V
When i found out, i was super pissed. i threw such a fit that i lost my computer privileges for a month. i had my own computer at the time but it was a slow piece of crap and i didn't have internet access. it was basically a glorified DOOM and homework machine. Anyway, when i got home from school, i was surprised to see my dad was home early from work. He didn't feel well so he stayed home from work and out of boredom being home, he decided to do some spring cleaning and wipe the family computer's main C drive. Normally, all of my personal files and art were kept on a secondary drive but since RM2K installed to the C's program files folder by default, that's where all of my saved data got dumped as well; either in 'My Documents' or within the program files, i don't remember. The moment i saw my dad and noticed the Win98 CD on the desk, i knew it was too late and started screaming.

All my work. All my sprites. All my code. All my properly timed cutscenes and most of the finished artwork was wiped out. My magnum opus. GONE!

The game was moreorless a demo or proof of concept more than anything else. A dark story that a friend of mine had written with me was better suited for an interactive medium than a linear book so we decided it'd be neat if we retold the story in video game form. The game wouldn't play out like your typical RPG. The story would be told like a cross between a chose-your-own-adventure book, a visual novel and a 16bit era RPG scenes. i had drawn animations done, dialogue trees written and constructed, a full town designed from scratch, a long drawn out opening that spanned a good 10 minutes. The idea is still up in my head and on my bucket list of things to make. i still have all the plans, story and ideas written down. Crazily enough, the story and concept are still original and i haven't seen anyone tell a story like what we put together so i don't share it with everyone, especially online, but everybody i've told it to has all said, "That sounds AWESOME! You NEED to make that!".

...and then i tell them, "i did...BUT MY DAD KiLLED iT!!", and i get all depressed again...

MrD66

Nice! It's interesting to see what everyone has created, and that there are other game creators/programmers in the fandom :p

Rest in piece. I hope you're over it, because I don't imagine you would have been very happy x.x

That's quite impressive that you managed to put something up on the app store!

As for myself, I have been using a platform named ROBLOX (a website where you can design and host games for free, as well as virtual assets that can be sold for virtual money, groups and many other things) for many years now and have created some games on there:
Can You Survive a Tsunami? (I actually created this when I was 10 turning 11 with the help of someone else's toolkit and it accidentally got popular before the Japanese 2011 tsunami occurred and it had to be taken down) - 661k plays - Natural disaster survival game where you are put in a randomly selected map and a tsunami comes and breaks everything
Vampire Hunters - 4.2m plays - A game where one person is a vampire, one person has a gun and the rest work together to figure out who it is before they kill everyone
The Glitch - 423k plays - A horror game inspired by S.C.P. Containment Breach where a mysterious entity that messes up electronic devices kills everyone, players must find 10 fragments before time runs out or they are all found
Vampire Hunters 2 - 12.2m plays - An improved sequel
I have also attempted in making an anthropomorphic animal roleplay where players can design their characters and then they are released into a map to interact with other players

So in total I have around 17.5 million play sessions on all of my games ^^ I am proud lol so sorry for bragging

Wow that is some crazy great stats. My games have I think a combined 5000 plays. I do know they were downloaded in several countries. Some of which I would not have suspected either ^^

psychonautic

"It's fun to stay alive"
I'm currently the artist for the game Hourglass. Although it's not my game, I have a lot of freedom with designs and such.

As for my own games, I have a lot of ideas but I can't program to save my life. I did make a few dumb games in renpy, though I only finished one so far for a friend. I've also been trying to get into gamemaker but other things get in the way.