• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gamerscore?

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
So who else likes to have fun with the Xbox 360 Gamerscore? I think it adds great replay value for a lot of games. And it just is something that I think was a great idea.. ;o I certainly hope more systems do this in the future. ;x

I've got 18,777 gamerscore at the moment, though my offline account that I used has around 15,000.. so around 33,000 altogether. xD

Aldog076

The one of many
i only have 9000 or something not into the gamerscroe thing at all Im into the games: )

Neothumper

Thumps

now i feel like i have no life X3

i only got 960 in halo

need to do a few more meta campaigns and 2 more multiplayer ones

Last edited:

Eevee

Banned
Banned
I have like 2600. There aren't that many 360 games I've cared enough to play, let alone to grind for hours on end in the name of useless e-dick.

Neothumper

Thumps
I have like 2600. There aren't that many 360 games I've cared enough to play, let alone to grind for hours on end in the name of useless e-dick.

i don't do it for that =]

just my own self-satisfaction that i "achieved" something lol

i know that sounds stupid but i like being acknowlged for pointless crap ;)

http://profile.mygamercard.net/Vsupra123

Achievements give a great way to find things to do. I beat Mass Effect once then I was like "Wow ok, what now? I know, get achievements!" Play through the game and if you want to play the game more there are things you can do if you feel like it.

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
lol. Why does it have to be viewed that way? Sure, there's plenty of kids that probably think that way.. But I think it's just something to do for fun. I mean c'mon, how many people have -not- played a game on the Playstation/PS2/Gamecube/N64/SNES etc etc etc.. and did something that they thought was awesome and etc etc.. but they didn't have any way to prove it. Now there's proof. ;P

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
http://profile.mygamercard.net/Vsupra123

Achievements give a great way to find things to do. I beat Mass Effect once then I was like "Wow ok, what now? I know, get achievements!" Play through the game and if you want to play the game more there are things you can do if you feel like it.

Yeah, agreed. Shit, I've only had one game that I've gotten all the achievements on.. maybe two.. on my offline account. Otherwise, I just usually play through games once, sometimes work for achievements but it's not my biggest concern. But yeah, I started over on Mass Effect to try to get the achievements.. and it just adds so much more replay value.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
I guess that sounded a little more bitter than it was meant to 8) I have recently taken to watch my roommate waste hours a day hunting pigeons in GTA4, so he can get some mystery prize he doesn't need and a whopping 30G.

Achivements are cool, sure, but a lot of them end up feeling like the devs ran out of ideas and just tacked on "kill 10,000 people online" at the last minute.. so anyone who has something to do besides play Halo 24/7 has no chance of actually "completing" some games. Where "complete" here has somehow turned into the WoW sense of "complete".

Tudd

lol. Why does it have to be viewed that way? Sure, there's plenty of kids that probably think that way.. But I think it's just something to do for fun. I mean c'mon, how many people have -not- played a game on the Playstation/PS2/Gamecube/N64/SNES etc etc etc.. and did something that they thought was awesome and etc etc.. but they didn't have any way to prove it. Now there's proof. ;P

In all honestly I think its a decent idea and only those who most see as "extremists" would take it that far. I only posted the link to that comic as I thought some here might appreciate it. ;3

But as for being able to prove you did something awesome... I think thats what cameras are for ;P In fact... some the better "OMG You'll NEVER believe this!" moments can't be captured or proven by a Gamerscore ;)

Bambi

So who else likes to have fun with the Xbox 360 Gamerscore? I think it adds great replay value for a lot of games. And it just is something that I think was a great idea.. ;o I certainly hope more systems do this in the future. ;x

In Chromehounds, gamerscore actually helped our Clan network which opponent was more experienced (also an achievements comment) -- which in turn, told us what we should've fielded in that battle.

I really like Gamerscore; it helps me to go through which ones are a threat during an online match or an offline one! ^.-

Gamerscore: 11,565
Chromehounds World Rank: 665 as of 2008, out of 171, 206
Shots Fired Rank (Neroimus War 1-16): Average Rank 6th (6th out of 120,497) as of 2006
Sniper Rank (Neroimus War 1-Current): Average Rank 1,107 (1,107th out of 171,206) as of 2008

Current Clan: Trade Inc.
Previous Clan: 4 LEGENDS

http://chromehounds.addicted-gamer.com/

Last edited:

E-mannor

Prisoner 655321
∞... i F***ing win

nah, my off line one that cant get live for some reason is about 5k and my online one is about 2k, but my oblivion points are doubled on both

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*

sorry couldn't resist.