• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Games of a Mystical Persuasion

Distorted

I love magic. Can't get enough of it. I just love how they look, how they work, how they FEEL, everything. Which is why I loved playing my mage in WoW. I was just getting into the deep of it all, but then my computer decided it couldn't take it anymore so I had to stop.

I plan to return one day, but for now I look for other games that exhibit strong magical influence. I want the cooldowns, the procs, the management of mana necessary to keep consistent damage (btw did they ever fix that in WoW. Everyone was pissed off at the lv 90 talents). It doesn't necessarily have to be an MMO either. When I'm bored I usually play Reckoning and just nuke things with broken magic. Or I pop in Final Fantasy and just copy paste for every battle scene.

Is there something different out there? I want a game with some new refreshing way to use magic. I find myself bored cause I understand the magics of most other games. What are some games with a strong emphasis on magic.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Dragon Age: Origins

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
GW2 as three magic classes which are very unique in their own ways, playing the necromancer and summoning an army of undead is fun for PVE

Last edited:

SirRob

I love magic in Tales of the Abyss, with its over the top incantations and animation. It's not so fun to play as mage characters on their own, but managing them as part of a whole team can be really frantic and exciting.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I think Magika is the winner. You can accidentally cast the wrong spells on yourself and you have to watch your stats pretty well. I remember the laughs we had playing Magika where you accidentally misfire and get one of your buddies, or you cast an awesome spell forgetting to tell your friends to shield themselves since it affects them as well.

Some people may not like this because they want some sort of immunity, but I think the system is actually well thought out for a change.

I think Magika is the winner. You can accidentally cast the wrong spells on yourself and you have to watch your stats pretty well. I remember the laughs we had playing Magika where you accidentally misfire and get one of your buddies, or you cast an awesome spell forgetting to tell your friends to shield themselves since it affects them as well.

Some people may not like this because they want some sort of immunity, but I think the system is actually well thought out for a change.

I had a funny feeling someone was going to mention this. I never played it myself, but a friend of mine told me how fun it was to experiment with it and fuck with the game...making mistakes along the way.
That actually gives me an idea for a thread...

Ramses

Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2.
DA2 has this whole "mages as persecuted - and dangerous - minority" plot, which is handled pretty well.

Unicornboy

Magic huh? The wonderful stealth game series called Thief has a faction of Pagans that have shaman that use magic and stuff. And then between that faction there is the hammerites who are anti-magic, crusader type characters, who conflict with them. The series has an interesting plot that often involves those two factions.