• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Games that hate you.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
too human....
the auto lock-on system makes you aim at a brick instead of the enemies and the hordes of monsters rape you to death...
than this valkyrie decents sooo slowly, picks up your corpse sooo slowly and than you respawn, tumble a little and than you die again... its like the game WANTS you to die and like it WANTS you to know how much you suck at it...
fortunately i dont own the game and just tested it on a pals console >.>

SuperFurryBonzai

is that really necessary?
pokemon pinball ruby and saphire for GBA

i would always get the worst luck in that game and i broke one of my gamboys because i was so mad at it

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
This.

The Star Trek OS gamboy game from 1991. Never did beat it. Stupid Tholians.

Oidhche-Yorath

Banned
Banned
The Legend of Zelda 2 (NES)
Sinistar
Contra

Stratelier

The Legend of Zelda 2 (NES)
Oh, you mean how you only get 3 lives, extra-life powerups don't respawn, and after every Game Over you get sent back to the original temple and have to trek all the way back to wherever it is you were? Yup, that is quite a challenge. Hardest part of the game must have been getting the Hammer.

Oh: Star Parodier for TG-16 also comes to mind. It's a step easier than most shooters . . . that is, if you DON'T DIE. If you die, not only do you lose the powerups you've acquired but you also get sent back to the last checkpoint (y'know, half the level). And chances are good that, if your uber-weapon powerups couldn't stop you from getting inundated in levels 6 or 7, then your measly pea shooter won't either, you may as well just reset your game and save you the trouble of a Game Over. Most shooters allow your next life to pick up right where your previous one got blown up by default, this is like the single cardinal rule of an arcade shooter, and Star Parodier won't let you do this unless you collect a freakin' item. Sure, said item stacks up until you need 'em, but the game doesn't show you how many of these you actually have, so while you know how many lives you do have, there's no real way to predict whether getting blown up will mean merely losing your powerups, or having to replay (at least) half the level.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Half-Life. I'm STILL in the process of finishing it... D:

Ditto. I'm over the halfway hump for HL2, and I've had that game for almost a year :p

T

Tycho

The original Metroid.

Yes, I am that sad.

Lack of an automap was a pain in the ass. For someone who is as "directionally challenged" as I am that was a serious challenge. Go go lined paper and pencil mapping system.

whoadamn

halo. its controller-smash worthy

Ditto. I'm over the halfway hump for HL2, and I've had that game for almost a year :p

Really? That game is so fun I can play it over and over. It is awesome!

Well the only game that annoys me that I can think of right now is Half-Life: Decay. My friend and I have been trying to beat it off-and-on for months.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
Call of Duty 4, escape from Chernobyl on difficulties above Normal.

I am a rather calm person in general, especially when playing. CoD 4 managed to trigger RAEG when I died for the 31st time, spammed with grenades, dogs and crack Russian mercs that can pick off my testicles from four kilometers away.

Command & Conquer 3 on Hard just screams HAET. Especially the alien missions. ESPECIALLY Cologne.

Or the final battle at Ground Zero and c.a. fifty Planetary Assault Carriers. Had an awesome time, duking it out with them using my OWN fleet of PACs. And failing miserably.

TheComet

DJ Comet
too human....
the auto lock-on system makes you aim at a brick instead of the enemies and the hordes of monsters rape you to death...
than this valkyrie decents sooo slowly, picks up your corpse sooo slowly and than you respawn, tumble a little and than you die again... its like the game WANTS you to die and like it WANTS you to know how much you suck at it...
fortunately i dont own the game and just tested it on a pals console >.>

They FINALLY patched that aiming thing, so now you can only lock onto environmental objects when there are no enemies in the are.

And yes, the Ice Forest does in fact want you die a horrible death. Damn game doesn't explain polarities ingame except in a small popup in the armory :/

LordWibble

The only one I can really think of is Godhand.

Master the way of the right analog stick or get your ass handed to you.

God Hand doesn't hate you. God hand is challenging in the same way as Devil May Cry 3, in that while the game punishes you severely for failure, it is fair. Enemy attacks give you enough warning to get out of the way, and both games offer many ways for the player to tailor their own playing style.

Games that hate you are ones that stack up ridiculous odds against you and do everything in their power to kill you then spit on your grave.

For me it would be Sands of Time. Everyone speaks gold of this game, even that angry british fellow, Yahtzee, seems to love it, but I can't get past the first tutorial level.

L2rythm. Lots of people seem to have the wall-jump difficulty, but it's not that hard. Just pick up the tempo with which to jump and it's a cakewalk. Failing that, you could always just mash the jump button, which also works ;).

But there is one game that hates its player more than any other, and that is Dead or Alive 4. Not only does the final boss have unnatural reflexes on the lowest of difficulty settings, but the attacks she uses are just insulting. Alpha-152's three main attacks consist of her repeatedly ramming your face into her crotch, a crotch-jump, and a boob-laser, all of which do about a third of your health bar in damage. The fact that that these attacks are delivered by a naked blue jelly-woman is just the loathsome icing on the hatred cake.

Last edited:

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
All Mario kart games. When an AI opponent can magically get in front of you regardless of how much distance you put between them, that's when SNESes get broken.

T

Tycho

All Mario kart games. When an AI opponent can magically get in front of you regardless of how much distance you put between them, that's when SNESes get broken.

It's called rubberband AI faggotry. It's also why I stopped playing Mario Kart DS - I didn't want to end up smashing the thing.

T

Tycho

I have to second:

I wanna be the guy.

IWBTG was designed from the get-go as a grief-causing head-fucking super-challenging game, though, and it is advertised as such by word of mouth. Anyone who plays it almost CERTAINLY knows exactly what they're getting into.

Tryp

Some dry white toast please
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault

Specifically the last level, when you're escaping the weapons factory. The enemy troops just don't stop coming, and you can't even see who's firing at you.

Screw you MoH, I'm gonna play Call of Duty! At least you get AI friends to do missions with.

Stratelier

It's called rubberband AI. It's also why I stopped playing Mario Kart DS - I didn't want to end up smashing the thing.
Try Mario Kart Wii sometime. Somehow, the Wii Wheel survived every one of my attempts to break it. That plastic shell was obviously intended for Mario Kartings.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
pro mode on resident evil 4 (wii) i died over 200 times and i didnt even make it past the truck stage :cry: the regenerators would just not die no matter how many times i shot them, i hit all the hot spots and it was still alive, and they ended up killing me a sub total of 30 times. needless to say i gave up pro and stuck with normal. :(