• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Games that made you cry

Razzor

Oh I remember...  I got choked up about one of the characters in Baldur's Gate II
I forget which one but one of them die, and I had grown attached to him...  I think it was Yoshima...

Mega Wolf

Grimfang said:
Starcraft made me cry. It was so long ago... I want to say when Fenix died? Or Tassadar?

bah... I don't even remember now. I didn't 'cry', but got all choked up. lol... to cry over starcraft... SC wasn't even like an rpg where you get so desperately attached to characters.

I did not cry but the opening sequence of the expansion of the game was pretty sad, the whole scene with the Marines in the trench fighting off the zerg with that sad music playing, and the marine runs out of ammo just to see his ride taking off, leaving him to the zerg.

Arsonos

Never really been moved to tears by a game, which is strange. I really don't play too many games so it doens't count i guess.

I cry when music is really good, and I cry when I watch horses play in the snow... But videogames not so much.

Drakee

Im probably sad for it but FFX's ending really made me cry ;~; Felt bad when they fought so hard to be togheter and he ended up sacrificing himself anyway

Seydaschu

Elite Beat Agents! If the Christmas level didn't make you cry, then you are some kind of monster. Trauma Center also brought some out, too. And, though not tears, Phoenix Wright was quite an emotional roller coaster.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
The ending to Kingdom Hearts did it to me. Such an ending it was. I dunno what other games did it. Since I usually play games like Burnout and Half-life, I dobht there are many.

Merilon

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, The Longest Journey (the first one, not DreamFall), Morrowind, Oni, Fallout, Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition, Kingdom Hearts, Company of Heros.

Zephyer

Gogglejackal
FFVII Got me twice. Both the death of Aeris, and when RedXIII found out the truth about his father...

Tombraider Chronicles

Well I haven´t cried directly but I was a bit...
Anyone remember that first level, with the manor? Lara can balance on a HIGH wall... and I did make her jump too short...

So she fell down, a "SHRIEK" was heard (and a silent crack, but that was maybe my imagination) and she was laying on the street, with a strangely twisted pose...

I was like: ... O_O; OMGYOUKILLEDHER!

Mumbled sorry (Really!!!), turned out the PC (I don´t remember if I bothered shutting it down correctly) and went into bed, in some state of minor shock.

Next time this happened I wasn´t so shocked anymore, but the first time was hell! XD
That´s why I refuse to play this game with my niece, she really likes Lara. But no. Definitely. LOL

Roman_Jars

Incoming spoilers!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

Suikoden 2: When the leader of the white knights kills Nanami.
Tales of destiny: When you kill Leon.
And also the ending of metal gear solid 3

DPAK

Seydaschu said:
Elite Beat Agents! If the Christmas level didn't make you cry, then you are some kind of monster.
Yes. That really strucka chord with me... especially since my dad died when I was little. But it had some extermeley funny scenes if you did 'bad' on certain sections....

Zephyer said:
FFVII Got me twice. Both the death of Aeris, and when RedXIII found out the truth about his father...
The Red XIII scene was sad. Aeris didn't phase me though. I was (and still am) sad over the fact you have to beat Sephiroth (GAWD, I'm such a fangirl).

Other than that.... Katamari Damacy... when you work so hard to roll up a big "star" and the old man says "Oh? You can do much bigger!" T^T

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Not /cry/, but I did feel really weird after Shadow of the Colossus.

Even just defeating some of the colossi left me feeling odd. D:

sgolem

When Starfox 64 first came out (I was 11), the fight with Andross made me cry. It was the way Fox screamed, since earlier on when Pigma says "Daddy screamed real good before he died" I sort of made that connection that now Fox died just like his dad. That really got to me for some reason.

themocaw

Many Spoilers Ahead.

1. Elite Beat Agents: "You're the Inspiration." (Christmas Level). The first time I played it through, I could barely see the beats because my eyes were all misty. So I screwed up. And then it turns out her daddy never returned, and ten years later, Lucy has become an embittered, depressed teenager because the EBA wasn't elite enough to let her Daddy come back and keep his promise. Related: the "Over the Distance" level from Ouendan, where you play as a ghost trying to tell his wife, "I love you, don't forget me."

2. Chrono Trigger: several moments, including: Chrono's death and Marle leaping into his arms when he comes back, Lucca revisiting the past, Frog making a vow on Cyrus' grave to finish what he started.

3. Chrono Cross: Many moments. Seeing what happened to the CT crew for one, but the ending especially.

4. Baldur's Gate II: The moment when your lover (Aerie for my first run) gets kidnapped, turned into a vampire, and forced to fight you. You have to kill them and revive them on the altar of the sun god. The first time I played it through, Anomen was weilding the Mace of Disruption and hit Aerie, gibbing her so she couldn't be rezzed. I immediately reloaded from an old save: I had to redo the entire last dungeon, but I didn't care, damn it.

5. Terranigma: "Wait, you mean after all that, my reward is I'm going to disappear? And you're going to give me one last happy day in the illusion of my home town? Fuck you, Light Gaia, fuck you."

6. Suikoden: Your faithful butler sacrificing himself to save you, sealing himself in with a bunch of monsters that eat him alive.

7. Realizing that there will not be a sequel to "Beyond Good and Evil."

hal1989

The elusive Moogle
Metal gear Solid: When Sniper Wolf died.

Metal Gear Solid 2: When Emma died.

Devil May Cry: When Trish died.

Well, most of the dead scenes made me cry. :cry:

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Shadow of the Colossus made me a little teary when I took down a few of the the more peaceful Colosi, but I didn't actually get really upset to Agro fell from the bridge near the end. that got me upset and in the mood to completely fuck up the last Colosi.

I got a bit upset by the death's of Basil and Yuri in Lost Planet, one of the only moments of the game were the story and acting came together quite well.

Xan_vega

themocaw said:
Many Spoilers Ahead.

1. Elite Beat Agents: "You're the Inspiration." (Christmas Level). The first time I played it through, I could barely see the beats because my eyes were all misty. So I screwed up. And then it turns out her daddy never returned, and ten years later, Lucy has become an embittered, depressed teenager because the EBA wasn't elite enough to let her Daddy come back and keep his promise.

I could not stop bawling during that, I ended up waking up my husband because I was crying to hard and he yelled at me for crying over a game (he later appologized when he was the one crying like a baby that got dropped).

Other games that made me cry:

Hey You Pikachu-When pikachu goes back to the woods after star gazing with you.
Kingdom Hearts 2-when goofy gets hit in the head by a huge rock and is thought to be dead, and end sequence when Sora gets the note from Kairi and Donald and Goofy are waiting for him.
Kingdom Hearts- The end sequence when Riku says good bye to Sora and when Sora is yanked away from Kairi
Final Fantasy 3- the death of Aria
Final Fantasy 7- death of Aeris
Final Fantasy 8- Laguna visiting Raine's grave and showing her he still wears the wedding ring.
Final Fantasy 9- When Garnet dives into Zidane's arms
Final Fantasy 10- death of the Ronsos, Sending Jecht and Auron, saying goodbye to Tidus (though he annoyed me)
Final Fantasy 10 2- Shuyin realizing it is time to give up
Final Fantasy 12- Fran going back to save Baflear, Baush saying goodbye to Noah
Monster Rancher 2- anytime a monster dies
Princess maker 2- When your daughter marries Cube the demon butler

DavidN

I was just watching the end of FF8 last night - I was amazed how much it still affected me. Square really know how to make FMVs...

And you know that fanfare that plays at the start of FF8's credits, and that also appears on the menu of FF12? I've no idea what its name is, but it's one of the most incredible pieces of music from any game ever.

I seriously cried a river when the white dragon died in The Longest Journey. The impact of seeing April leaning onto the corpse of her mother and crying was just too hard for me to take. I completely bursted with tears, as the first time ever in a videogame. The game also gave me several other emotional moments, but the moment the white dragon died was probably the most emotional.

Seydaschu

Someone mentioned this once already, but I also remember Super Metroid.

(SPOILER I guess)

Daw, poor Super Metroid, when it thinks Samus is its mom and even makes those cute noises. Then it saves you from Mother Brain, but then it dies and Samus goes into Pissed-Off mode! I can imagine a remake:
Samus: "You don't understand! THAT WAS MY METROID, BITCH!" *BIZZOW BREOW* (hyper beam)

rinchansflower

I have a few of those moments, because I can be a real crybaby sometimes. And a good game can really get me. Oh yeah, all spoilers down below, so don't read if you don't want to find out.

- Aries's death in FFVII. When I first saw that, and the music played in the background...I just started bawling. It was so sad. That, and she was one of my best characters. I spent all that time leveling her up only for her to die.

- Tales of Destiny, Lion's death. My pretty emo boy just had to die...

- Kingdom Hearts ending. I didn't actually cry, but I was sad. I mean, Sora had to leave Kairi...

- Ending of FFX. Freaking Tidus and his death, and how absolutly dramatic it had to be. The music, Yuna's confession to him...god, I just couldn't take it, after hours of playing.

Kasai_san

FFX...man, I bawled so hard at the end of that....

and Metal Gear Solid 2...when Emma dies...It wasnt so much her death, as it was how hard Otacon took it...

Everyone I know cried when Aeris died in FFVII, but that part had been spoiled for me for years...I feel kind of cheated...

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
When Aeris died. I think that's a pretty canonical moment in gaming. Like the game or hate it, it left an impact and that scene was a part of it.

Red XIII learning that his dad died protecting his loved ones and the entire canyon. :(

Lots of stuff damnit, I'm a crybaby. :(