• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Games that was promised but not delivered... yet

Jackofak

Can you name me some Patreon/Early access based game projects(SFW/NSFW) that are way overdue, behind the curve or otherwise not delivering and reasons of why? May be money milking, may be team break-up or lack of inspiration. What do you think about them or where can I look for already released research material?
I know at least a couple examples, but I want to learn more about it.

Kinare

RAWR
The list could go on and on for early access titles in the survival genre...

A game I love but wish would finish development is 7 Days to Die. It's been playable for a very long time now, they are still consistent with updates, and each new major version brings changes to the game which ends up adding even more development time. They are still in alpha after all this time... Briefly they were in beta, but switched right back to alpha. Not the ideal process, nope. At the same time, all of these changes have kept the game fresh and interesting, so I don't hate it as much as one of my friends who refuses to play it anymore.

Outside of the whole early access thing, Digimon Survive was announced a while ago but still there is no news on when or if it will actually be completed. There were some team switcharoos that lead to the game essentially being rebuilt from what I understand, and there's just been nothing from the devs for a while now. English website still lists 2021 as a release date, but we're halfway through 2021 now and no announced month or time frame whatsoever. Losing hope on this one.

Lioedevon427

Very tired animator
I’m still waiting for silk song ;w;
But at least the longer the wait, the better it will likely be

Jackofak

The list could go on and on for early access titles in the survival genre...

A game I love but wish would finish development is 7 Days to Die. It's been playable for a very long time now, they are still consistent with updates, and each new major version brings changes to the game which ends up adding even more development time. They are still in alpha after all this time... Briefly they were in beta, but switched right back to alpha. Not the ideal process, nope. At the same time, all of these changes have kept the game fresh and interesting, so I don't hate it as much as one of my friends who refuses to play it anymore.

Outside of the whole early access thing, Digimon Survive was announced a while ago but still there is no news on when or if it will actually be completed. There were some team switcharoos that lead to the game essentially being rebuilt from what I understand, and there's just been nothing from the devs for a while now. English website still lists 2021 as a release date, but we're halfway through 2021 now and no announced month or time frame whatsoever. Losing hope on this one.
Wow, 7+ years and still in alpha, that's a something...
Well, at least they aren't sucking patreon money, but still - selling in early access is basically a promise that game will be finished and now it's 7 years old promise :/
DS is a project from the industry majors so I'm sure it will see the light, eventually :D

DemonHazardDeer

Niche Game Connoisseur
Mother 4 lol. It's Oddity now. I'm still waiting on Silk Song too. Bayo 3's finally coming. Still waiting on Megaman 12. I guess more Deltarune lol, can't wait for Chapter 3. Elden Ring, those are a few I can think of off the top of my head