• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gaming Machine [Your PC Specs] -Updated-

This is my beast, runs most game just fine :)

Specs:
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0Ghz)
- Thermaltake BigTyphoon CPU Cooler with a Cooltek 120mm fan and BioHazard fan grill
- 4x 512MB TwinMos PC3200 400Mhz (Latency: 2.5-3-3-8 )
- MSI K8N Neo4 FX (Onboard audio and network)
- Ati/AMD "Sapphire" Radeon X1950XT
- Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 GPU Cooler
- nVidia GeForce 2 MX440 (PCI)
- NorthQ 4775-500S Giant Thunder 500W (140mm fan)
- 7 Harddrives

Over 2.4TB of harddrive space :)

Last edited:

Exiles

Draco Venetus Electricus
My computer
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1,3GHz
Motherboard: MSI KT6V
RAM: 384 MB ~ 128 MB + 256 MB
Hard Drive: WesternDigital 80GB ATA 8MB cache
Video Card: ATI Radeon Sapphire 9550 256MB RAM
Kubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04

My server... errm, router
Processor: Pentium II MMX 233 MHz
RAM: 288 MB ~ 128 MB + 128 MB + 32 MB
Hard Drive: Maxtor 20GB ATA
Debian 4.0

quentinwolf

Well, I've built myself a completely new computer after the power supply went in my last one ( http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2188&pid=32359#pid32359 ) I was too lazy, and too busy with work to try and troubleshoot what went wrong, so I just bought all new stuff, and built a new one. (And of course, copied all my old data off the old drives also.)

Specs:
Intel Core2Duo 2.4ghz E6600 Dual Core Processor
Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard
2 sticks of 1Gig DDR2-1066 (Aka, PC2-8500) Memory
XFX GeForce 8600GTS Extreme Video Card (720MHZ GPU, 256MB 2.18GHZ GDDR3 Memory, PCI-E, DX10)
Seagate 250Gig SATA2 Primary Drive
Seagate 320Gig SATA2 Secondary Drive
Pioneer DVR-111D Dual-Layer 16X +/- Drive
And new case to go with it too, Antec P182 ATX Black Mid Tower Case.

Same Extra stuff as before:
Logitech MX518 Mouse
Microsoft Natural Keyboard 5000 (or whatever its called)
NEC MultiSync LCD 1760NX Black monitor.
Wacom Intuos3 6x8" Tablet
Hauppage Internal Capture Card.

I'd kinda been wanting to upgrade soon anyway, and I guess then was the right time (this happened back in July or so.) :) Just another reason to upgrade, and now I have an even more kick-ass server. My 1.2ghz amd athlon thunderbird server was the replaced with my previous system, 3.06ghz pentium 4. woo hoo.

TheRedRaptor

Frot me baby!
My Pixel Banger:

• Case: Antec Super lanboy
• Motherboard: Abit Ic7
• CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz Northwood
• ODD: 1 LITE-ON DVD writer and 1 Sony DVD reader
• HDD: 1 80GB Western Digital Caviar and 3 40GB Seagate Barracudas
• RAM: 1.5Gb of Corsair XMS 3200 DDR
• VPU: Powercolor X1950Pro AGP
• PSU: 350Watt Antec Smartblue
• Sound: Audgy 2 Value
Oh and Windows XP Home

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
I just added another laptop to my gaming gear. :)

"Inkdrinker"
Alienware m9750
Intel C2D T7200 2.0Ghz
4GB RAM
2X GeForce 7950 GTX in SLI
2X 200GB Hitachi Travelstar 7K200 7200RPM Hard drives
1920x1200 LCD with Clearview
Razer DeathAdder mouse

It kicks sooooo much ass!

Snowy-paws

Nice mouse preyfar. Almost beats mine! (I am lazy and just stripped this all off my xfire. Know that i LIKE alienware and have no issues with them so far. (you actually get people in tech support that are in your own country! how cool is that?!?!) AND i am lazy and while i COULD build my own computer, i dont have the time and or energy for it.)

Manufacturer: Alienware
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2814MB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mb VRAM
Monitor: Dell 2007WFP (Digital) 20"
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output 7.1 surround sound
Speakers/Headphones: 4 Speakes and 1 Subwoofer Altec Lansing
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse II
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3G @ 1800 DPI
Mouse Surface: Microfiber Mouse Pad
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

*wonders how many people he made look at the last 2 posts......to finally relalize 10 minutes later that its the same mouse*

It kicks tail, especially with my resolution being 1680x1050. Otherwise it take me a while to get to the other side of the screen. >_< and the 1ms responce time? LOOOVE IIIIT.

may upgrade my GPU and go SLI! ^_^ dual ftw. I can always use more VRAM. errr....oh! and if i have the monies, i will upgrade my dual core @ 2.66ghz to a quad core @3.2 ghz! I THINK its the 772 socket. i suppose i will have to actually look at it and see.

this isnt a good example, but really you know how you get online in a game and people are like: my computer is better than yours!

dont you know a computer is obsoliete before it is even built! HA! that means it sucks by proxy.

JinxCA

Wow, they have videocards in SLI in laptops? o_O

I cannot imagine what the battery life is! D:

Also, on topic here's mine:

"LATINO HEAT"

Intel e6850 @ 4.0 GHz
4 GB OCZ DDR2 800 @ 444.7 MHz 4-3-3-15
EVGA nVidia 680i Deluxe Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 320 MB
Creative X-Fi ExtremeGamer
2x 74 GB WD Raptor in Raid 1
1x 150 GB Seagate
Antec Neo-Link 1200-watt dual power supply
Vista Home Premium x64

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Snowy-paws said:
Nice mouse preyfar. Almost beats mine! (I am lazy and just stripped this all off my xfire. Know that i LIKE alienware and have no issues with them so far. (you actually get people in tech support that are in your own country! how cool is that?!?!) AND i am lazy and while i COULD build my own computer, i dont have the time and or energy for it.)
Heh heh. I believe in cords above all else. :)

And yeah, I actually like Alienware -- at least for laptops. I thought about building my own laptop using a Clevo D900C chassis, but... something about the m9750 called to me.

Myself, I swap parts in and out of my main PC so often it's not even funny. :) Then again, as a computer tech by day and animator/artist by night, I just love fiddling with things. Performance uber alles!

And that's why bees glow in the dark. The end.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
JinxCA said:
Wow, they have videocards in SLI in laptops? o_O

I cannot imagine what the battery life is! D:
Yep. I get about 1:45 minutes with my lappy. That's more than enough for me.

Snowy-paws

Thats actually nice! I got a toshiba (was stupid, went with vista >->) that SAYS it lasts about 3 hours. It lasts like 10 minutes. And it has a secondary batt. as well.

Also with the mouse/cord response? Ha! Reason #1 i dont use a wireless router. Yay! Lets have a 50 ms delay when we dont need to! 1 ms response on a mouse? oooooooh yes *drool* Though I got to admit, I rarely use the side buttons. If i do, it is my alt attack in some games, and my mic in others. People always complain when they die because they were pressing the mic key on the other side of the keyboard.

Sadly i cant swap parts! the 4 of my computers are all from different time periods. *Watches the fools try and stick ddr2 ram into a win95 comp* XD ah yes! dont forget to put in a 775 socket processor as well!

I actually upgraded from my toshiba *shudders* viiiistaaaaaa *comes back to reality* some of it due to i needed a new videocard. Wonderful how most brands dont have video standards! At least with desktops you can pry open your case and rip out what you need. Which is cool cuz i have tool-less entry. Sometimes i take out my videocard just to drool on it. I soooo need another one to use SLI. Christmas is comming. The time we celebrate the fact that we get things. And make fun of the people who make fun of us. (at least me) But back to the subject. Maybe i will get one then!

Last thing (i swear) anyone know where i can get a tv card with those imputs? Not rf....the one with the yellow-red-white? (forgets what the are called) I have xp media edition. And I hate pluging my xbox right into my moniter. I want it so i can at least run it off my video card from my pc. I checked and i can only find a pci-e one thats for RF.

Geez, i type too mch

Xidus

-Windows XP SP2
-Intel 2.8ghz single-core processor
-512mb DDR2 RAM
-nVidia GeForce 6200 256mb
-VIA Shuttle AV49 motherboard with onboard network and sound
-3x hard drives, 2x 40gb 1x 20gb
-Generic case with the UNSCDF logo on it
-17in Mitsubishi DiamondScan 70 CRT monitor
-Some ancient (as in from like 1996) TV card that somehow still works, albeit with horrid picture quality

Compared to all the new computers, especially the ones up here, this thing is trash, but overall it's been through three different operating systems relatively unchanged: 98SE, 2000 and now XP. It's served me well, and as far as the games I play go, the only thing holding it back is the lack of memory -- the motherboard can handle 3gb.

Snowy-paws

Hey, if it works, dont worry! ^-^ thats actually not a bad computer at all.

Even with dual and quad core cpu's and upgrades in video quality, you really dont get THAT much more...quality.

I see a computer more as a workhorse. If it works its tail off, then yay! If it refuses to work anymore, then its time to gut the thing to see what you can salvage.

to be honest the 7000 series of nvidia cards are a deacent investment compared to that 6200. the 8800 series isnt that much different from the 8600 series, jst really the video ram.

Personally i am going to downgrade to upgrade! Dual 7950 gx2 cards! Quad sli ftw!

of course that leaves me with a spare 8800 gts ^-^ anyone want? its the 320 vram model.

*disclaimer: i am not in the mood for spelling right now, dael with it =P!* (its 2:00am here and thats why) ^_^

*edit!* I just remembered! I may get a 3ghz quad core processor! Nothing exceeds like excess! socket 775 ftw being tired i tend to re-write stiff that sort of contradicts what i wrote. Look up!

jimmynewcakes

Okay, let me find my specs...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ 2.81 GHz
2 GB (1 GB x 2) Patriot ExtremePerformance DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX (768 MB FTW!)
ASUS M2N Sli Deluxe
320 GB SATA 3.0 GB/s HD
NZXT Lexa case, Black/Aluminum
22" Samsung Widescreen LCD 2ms response time (SyncMaster 226BW)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Like my rig?

Talynn

Phazon
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0GHZ
4GB (2x 1GB) Corsair DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GTS KO 640MB
ASUS M2N-E SLI nForce
2x 300 GB IDE (lol) HD
Antec 900 Steel Case
12" Standard LCD screen (a stock one I pulled from a Dell computer, which is also where I pulled my HD's from.)

graeth

rawr dragon, 1rst class
I don't game much anymore--ever since microsoft took the industry to hell--but these are what I gots:

Aivan (Reconfiguration imminent--$1200 stored)

I-Core 2 Duo 7200
2GB DDR
GeForce 6600 GTX(?) OC 512mb
150GB main drive
24x CD/DVD Burner

Tabbicus (Not a gaming machine, but it gets the job done on campus, plus its a tablet, what more do you want from it?)

I-C2D T5400 1.66 Ghz
2 GB DDR
80GB SATA HD
Ati x1400 128+128H
8x CD/DVD Burner

Ubertron

I-C2 Q6600
2x Geforce 7600 1GB DDR3 OC SLi
2 500 GB SATA HD
Some sort of BluRay/HD thingy

Misc HD
4x 60gb PATA
2x 80gb SATA
3x 120gb PATA
4x 150gb SATA
4x 200gb PATA
2x 320gb USB
4x 350gb PATA
4x 500gb SATA
4x 500gb USB
4x 1 TB USB/NAS
4x 2 TB USB/NAS
2x 3 TB USB/NAS
Whew! And those are only the drives still in use!

Devolger555

Fujitsu/Siemens
Widows XP
Pendium 4 3GHz
250 GB HD
geforce 8500GT 512MB
16x DVD
16x DXD burner
16 bit sound card onBoard

Tomo

Guys, check out what I own:

Atholn XP 2400+ (1.9 GHz)
256 MB DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce MX 440 (64 MB)
80 GB Hard Disc
And oh yeah, sound card on board.

Now that's what you could call "item for technological museum". =D

mrfinnigan

Durr :B
CURRENT MACHINE:
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 7300 GT+ (PCIe)
Sound: Onboard Realtek High Definition Audio 2.1 (I rarely put much money towards sound, it is not a priority to me)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ 2.2GHz (Socket AM2)
Mobo: PC CHIPS A13G+ v3
RAM: 1024MB (1GB) A-DATA DDR2 800MHz (oc'd at 880MHz)
FSB: 1GHz w/ 1000MHz HT
Optical: Mad Dog 16x DVD±RW w/ LightScribe (eIDE)
HDD: Western Digital 800-BB 80GB (eIDE)
Case: Linkworld 437-01-C2229 Black/ Champaign Gold Steel MicroATX Mini Tower
Floppy: 3.25" drive (disconnected)

UPCOMING MACHINE:
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8400GS (PCIe 2.0) [Unfortunately, no SLI for me TT_TT]
Sound: Onboard Realtek High Definition Audio 7.1
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4600+ 2.4GHz (Socket AM2)
Mobo: ASRock ALIVENF6G-VSTA
RAM: 2048MB (2GB) pqi POWER DDR2 800MHz
FSB: 1.2GHz w/ 1000MHz HT
Optical: LG 20x DVD±RW w/ LightScribe (eIDE)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB (SATA 3.0GB/s)
Case: Rosewill R6425-P SL Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower
Floppy: 3.25" drive (same as above)

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
This is what I have, now that things have slowed down from the chaos of forced upgrades and repairs that's been plaguing me for the last three months. @.@

Gaming computer - Dis-Astranagun
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ for socket AM2
RAM: OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GBs DDR2-800 RAM, 4-4-4-15 timings
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Edition
Video Card: 2x XFX GeForce 8600GTS, 256MB RAM each
Harddrives: Two Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA drives in RAID 0
Optical Drive: Optiarc ATA100 DVD-/+RW Multi-recorder drive (christmas gift back in '06)
Sound: Onboard AC'97 sound
Networking: Onboard nVidia nForce Gigabit LAN, Abit 802.11g PCI-Express 1x wireless adapter with a high-grade router antenna (wireless bought in July upgrade, antenna got for free)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional, service pack 2

Main computer - Keisar Ephes
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ for socket 939, Toledo core
RAM: OCZ Platinum Edition 2GBs DDR-400 RAM, 2-3-2-5 timings
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N SLI (Packard Bell OEM; self-identified as Ultra)
Video card: Leadtek Winfast GeForce 8500GT graphics card
Harddrives: One Western Digital Caviar 80GB ATA100 drive, one Seagate Barracuda 250GB ATA100 drive
Optical Drive: In limbo while I decide which is best and goes where
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Live! Value PCI sound card
Networking: Onboard nForce gigabit LAN
Operating System: Windows XP Professional, service pack 2 (with plans to play with Linux distros on it later)

Server box - Neviim
System Model: Dell Poweredge 300 (modified)
CPU: Two Intel Pentium 3 800MHz for Slot 1, unknown core (salvaged from adjacent server boxes and reoutfitted with active SECC2 coolers)
RAM: Unidentified, 512MB PC133 RAM, unknown timings (running at PC100 due to motherboard's limitations, plans to move to 1GB later)
Video card: Matrox Millennium PCI, onboard basic ATI chip
Harddrives: One 20GB ATA66 drive [Laodecia], two 4GB SCSI drives, and one 20GB SCSI full-height drive [Euzeth]
Optical Drive: Does it matter?
Sound: N/A (though I have plans to toss a leftover PCI soundcard in for notification purposes)
Networking: Three high-quality 100Mbit PCI ethernet cards
Operating System: Windows Server 2003 SP2, Kubuntu Linux (both for testing -- server is not operating as one in full yet)

Laptop - Judecca
System Model: Toshiba Portégé 7220CTe
CPU: Intel Pentium 3 650MHz, unknown core
RAM: 192MBs PC100 SO-DIMM, unknown timings
Harddrive: One 12GB ATA drive of unknown transfer speed [Levi Tolar], one 2GB 80X CompactFlash card in a CF-to-PC card adapter [Mai]
Networking: 802.11g wireless PC card, 100Mbit USB ethernet adapter (for wired situations where I lack the docking station)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2

I forgot to add... Anyone who can guess the naming scheme on my computers correctly wins a cookie. :3

Fallen

Lets see if I can remember off the top of my head here

GFX card: nVidia GeForce 8600gt
RAM: 2gb
HDD: 420gb
Motherboard: Abit(can't remeber the series name)
CPU: Intel (it's a duel core, but I forget the exact name)
Sound: Realtek A97
Razzer: Death Adder gaming mouse
Razzer: Tarrantula gaming keyboard

thats the summed up version of my gaming computer, not on it right now so I dont have the exact specs.
(hopefully upgrading to SLI soon ^^)

Jd1680a

RE: �� Gaming Machine [Your PC Specs]

here are my gaming machine specs. I got this computer back in last June and currently playing unreal tournament 3. Have played Gears of War, Supreme commander, and Bioshock at high frames.

intel core 2 Q6600 quad core 2.4 ghz cpu
Asus P5N-E SLI, nforce 650i, 1066 mhz FSB motherboard
Kingston HyperX 4 gbs PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz, memory
BFG Tech Geforce 8800 gtx OC2 @ 626mhz, 768 mbs GDDR3 2000mhz, video card
Western Digital 500 gigs internal hard drive, western digital 160 gigs external hard drive
Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio, sound card
Xclio A380 black full tower case, ATX
Antec Truepower Trio 650 watt power supply

JAK3ST3RB

my dad dont know what the hell to get when he buys a pc. stupid moron, it aint even got agp slots on the bloody motherboard :S

Manufacturer: emachines(the gay edition)
Processor: intel celeron 2.60ghz
Memory: 512mb ddr ram
Hard Drive: 80gb
Video Card: rubbish intel built in 64mb bearly 3d graphics card
Monitor: some awesome 20" lcd (the best bit of the computer)
Sound Card: creative labs sound blaster live(the best part of the bloody pc)
Speakers/Headphones: 5.1 logitech speakers(at least the thing plays music)
Keyboard: microsoft (worth more than the pc)
Mouse: microsoft lazer mouse
Mouse Surface: some crap mouse mat
Operating System: windows xp home edition(windows xp fucking shite edition more like)

never send your perents out to buy a new computer because thay will come back with a peice of crap
that dont even have agp slots!

ShagsterP

I'll just put the stuff that matters, I guess. I don't know how my comp really stacks up to the "amazingly" overkill Alienware systems, but oh well:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 4 gigs DDR2 667 (3.45 allocated until I get a 64 bit OS)
Hard drive: 160 gig internal, 80 gig external
Video Card: ATI X1950GT
Monitor: 22" LCD

And that's all I really care about. Don't need some massively pointless 5.1 speaker setup or a fancy keyboard/mouse, or anything like that

Cmdr-A

Adeptus Astartes
My PC is an odd one...sorta retarded for the most part since its a Dell Dimension 2400 from 2002...these are the specs for mine.

Innards are:
P4 2.44 Ghz
1.25 Gbs of RAM
Basic graphic card....could not replace. PC would not recognize and accept the new one...took that back to the store. Graphics card only has 64mbs of memory.
Same with internal Hard Drive. only 37.4 Gbs of HD space total. 7.62 gigs which are left

The fancy addons that are plug and play and junk are:
A 24 inch Widescreen LCD monitor
and a 160 or was it...250 GB external USB HD.... either or its enough space though too lazy to turn on before the PC is started up. x.x
And a Stereo system with subwoofer for the explosions and other loud things that make the game thrilling. :3