• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gearhead Subforum?

Automobile Subforum?

• Total voters

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
What say you people to a subforum dedicated to everything car-related?

A place to seek advice and help, ogle over the latest cars on the market, talk about mods, debate over races, show off your bitchin meatcar, or discuss anything else even remotely related to automobiles.

What say you?

eversleep

Banned
Banned
Cars suck. I hate cars. =( We should be in flying hovering vehicles by now, but the Christfags ruined our technological advances.

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
I don't really see how that would be relevant to FA.
Also, if we make a gearheads subforum, where do we stop?
Weapons subforum? Dance? Martial arts? etc etc etc.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I wouldn't mind.
Not that into cars.

CerbrusNL

thats what /o/ is for

Pretty much this (In case you are referring to /o/fftopic)
It's not like there are that many gearhead related threads on FAF, that we should have a section for it, imo.

Schwimmwagen

Pretty much this (In case you are referring to /o/fftopic)
It's not like there are that many gearhead related threads on FAF, that we should have a section for it, imo.

How about a section for different non-furry hobbies in general, then? Off-topic is filled mostly with ideas, thoughts, and current events, which buries stuff like potential hobby megathreads.

Tycho

I don't really see how that would be relevant to FA.
Also, if we make a gearheads subforum, where do we stop?
Weapons subforum? Dance? Martial arts? etc etc etc.

You could argue against the relevance of video games to FA, too - but I don't think TFL's going anywhere soon. Cars (and motorcycles too) are not an uncommon topic, in Rants and OT both. Can you say that martial arts or dance are the subject of as many threads? I doubt it.

The fact that Lynx Plox still exists clearly indicates that FAF has no problem leaving mostly useless forum sections around anyway.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I wasn't aware we had enough frequency of car/other automobile related topics to merit an entire subforum. I also wasn't aware we had a surfeit of gearhead users who would make such a subforum a productive place. I mean, if those two things are the case, I guess I wouldn't see a problem with it? But it's up to the forum admins, really. And by that I mean Arshes.

E

Elim Garak

You could argue against the relevance of video games to FA, too - but I don't think TFL's going anywhere soon. Cars (and motorcycles too) are not an uncommon topic, in Rants and OT both. Can you say that martial arts or dance are the subject of as many threads? I doubt it.

The fact that Lynx Plox still exists clearly indicates that FAF has no problem leaving mostly useless forum sections around anyway.
Video games and technology generally go hand in hand with the furry community as it's very computer/internet centric.

The tube, a little less. However who doesn't listen to music or watch tv?

Politics is also a common subject, should we have a politics section?
Religion, I see popup more then cars, should we have a section for that too?
Yes, Cars pop up a lot in Rants and raves, if you make a another subforums you'll get all the "MY SHITTY OLD CAR BROKE DOWN OR I HAVE NO GAS MONEY" there, what the R&R is intended for.

Lynx plox is there so it wouldn't flood Offtopic with useless threads, and they don't want to ban the "hey look at this funny video" threads, since the human race seem to spam links in every IRC/STEAM chat channel they are in when it's something funny(but often retarded).

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
For you people who bitch and baw about how you dont like cars and its all shit and dumb- how bout you dont post there or even go there. I fail to see how it would bother you I really do.

CerbrusNL

For you people who bitch and baw about how you dont like cars and its all shit and dumb- how bout you dont post there or even go there. I fail to see how it would bother you I really do.

Please give me some examples of people bitching and bawwing about not liking cars, then.
If we're supposed to add a subforum because "It wouldn't bother anyone, any way", I'd say that's a pretty poor excuse to add the subforum.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Please give me some examples of people bitching and bawwing about not liking cars, then.
If we're supposed to add a subforum because "It wouldn't bother anyone, any way", I'd say that's a pretty poor excuse to add the subforum.

See poll

CerbrusNL

Because predefined poll results where the only answer that represents "no" is a bitchy comment, represent how people actually think about something, right?

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Because predefined poll results where the only answer that represents "no" is a bitchy comment, represent how people actually think about something, right?

I only voted no because I can count on one hand how many people would give a crap about it.

E

Elim Garak

I doubt the forum will be off much use other "then look at my thick porsche 911".
The only useful car forums are generally whole forums dedicated to cars, even specific brands and models.
Spreading service manuals and electrical guides, which is sometimes legal but often in the gray zone. I don't think you can pass that off on FAF.
I generally go to specific forums for things like guides because companies like Landrover require you to pay and register as a shop to get all the good things.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
I wanted to vote no but it'd make me sound like I was a bitch - I just wanted to answer something like "no I wouldn't use it personally"