• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Generic Fursonas??

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
One of my friends has been saying how my fursona is "generic". What are your opinions on his statement and what do you think of people saying that one's design is "generic"?
Fursona:
^BA807FF695547AD7A5B7316FBFBEDAD82107C2FB7CBB0EB221^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Kezi Avdiivka

Not really generic, but it's just a blue wolf, not exactly super custom/unique, no offense.

i'm suprised at how rare white tigers are, you see so few anymore.

xofrats

The cat said what?
I would say it is generic. I feel like I have seen these colours and markings many times.
But! I don't mind generic. I don't think every character has to look unique. It's their personality that really sells the OC.

E

ellaerna

It's generic in a very definitional way. Like, it's a pretty basic wolf/fox design with typical wolf/fox markings. The one big difference from a standard wolf/fox is that it's bright blue, but in the fandom such colors are no longer that unique or rare. So yeah, generic.

But I don't think that word should be bad. It ends up having a negative connotation a lot, but it's actually a pretty neutral term. Like, in reality I look like a generic white girl. Is that bad? Not really. Same with your fursona. Does it look pretty standard for a fursona? Yes. Is that bad? Not really.

So long as it makes you happy, that's all that really matters.

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Generic = Common species and/or look.

My Fursona's a generic species, aka a wolf. I like generic. Makes it easy to relate to them.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I think it doesn't matter as long as it's meaningful to you.

Dongding

The sheep
Honestly generic isn't a bad thing. I usually use the default character model and class in video games. It feels right.

I've never been super duper attached to my fursona though. I sort of prefer drawing other people's. That's probably influencing my opinion on this.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Well blue foxes are pretty common,

But you know what? Everyone is either generic, or super snowflake, you can never win.Either you're a sparkly linsangorilla or another goddamn fox.

You know what really matter? You like the thing that represents you,

You know what I am? A hybrid sparklesona. Mine's another goddamn wolf with wings stapled to it

WolfNightV4X1

Not really generic, but it's just a blue wolf, not exactly super custom/unique, no offense.

i'm suprised at how rare white tigers are, you see so few anymore.

Wrong! Ive bumped into a few white tigers on FA and such. They exist, theyre just not uber common

Aziri

Fembunny
I think you shouldnt care what others think of your sona, its yours hon not theirs. If its what you like then great! If you think its wrong then you can always change and evolve it till your happy ^-^ iv changed mine sonce initial conception and i still think its rather generic but i like it! :3

Kezi Avdiivka

Wrong! Ive bumped into a few white tigers on FA and such. They exist, theyre just not uber common

GIVE ME LINKS, I MUST FIND MY KIND AND BELONG

M

modfox

i have no problem with "generic" fursonas. but I do have a problem with sparkle dogs

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
He does not even look generic.
The only thing thats generic is the species

WolfNightV4X1

Kezi Avdiivka