• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Getting an Xbox One

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I'll be picking up one in about a week or two so I'm looking for good deals.

I'm already getting Halo in the bundle and I've already ordered Elder Scrolls: Online.

What are some other games that I should look into? My boyfriend said to try Witcher 3. I'd like to try Destiny but I heard it was just such a let down.

Please no sports games or racing games (the only racing game that I like is sonic). Also, I'm very picky about first-person-shooters.

Anyone have any particular favorite or enjoyed games?

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
I'll give you a quick list of some favorites of mine.

-The Witcher 3: well worth the purchase

-Farcry 4: A great rpg, if you've ever played the previous ones, this one comes out on top in my opinion.

-Destiny: All I have to say about this game is that it's enjoyable to play sometimes, but it's an ultimate grindfest.

Watch Dogs: Yes, there was alot of controversy with this one upon it's release, but I personally loved the story.

These are the one's I have played so far and feel are actually worthy of the price they cost. (besides Destiny due to it being half a game with the rest of it in DLC.)

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I played a bit of Farcry 3 and had fun goofing around for awhile. I'll check out a lp of it, Destiny, and Watchdogs to see if I'll like the style.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I loved Watch Dogs as well. Destiny would be worth it to check out but only if you can get it cheap.

Elder Scrolls Online.. ugh no
Sunset Overdrive is excellent
Shadow of Mordor is pretty good, as is Arkham Knight

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I loved Watch Dogs as well. Destiny would be worth it to check out but only if you can get it cheap.

Elder Scrolls Online.. ugh no
Sunset Overdrive is excellent
Shadow of Mordor is pretty good, as is Arkham Knight

I'll have to look into Sunset Overdive and Shadow of Mordor. I've never really been a fan of any superhero games but I'll still check out Arkham's gameplay, just in case.

Also, I've already played several hours of Elder Scrolls and loved it so it's a definite buy, lol.

Taralack

I'll have to look into Sunset Overdive and Shadow of Mordor. I've never really been a fan of any superhero games but I'll still check out Arkham's gameplay, just in case.

Also, I've already played several hours of Elder Scrolls and loved it so it's a definite buy, lol.

The Arkham games are beat em ups, so if you're into that, have a look at it.

Do you mean normal Elder Scrolls or actual TESO? Cos TESO is an MMO... which is quite different from the regular Scrolls games. I've only played the beta but it was quite shitty and I've only heard nothing but mediocre things about it since its release.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
The Arkham games are beat em ups, so if you're into that, have a look at it.

Do you mean normal Elder Scrolls or actual TESO? Cos TESO is an MMO... which is quite different from the regular Scrolls games. I've only played the beta but it was quite shitty and I've only heard nothing but mediocre things about it since its release.

The MMO one. I'll get Skyrim once the system has backwards compatibility. I'm a fan of mmos but my computer can't handle them so it's pretty cool that systems are starting to make them.

Taralack

Fair enough. I can't really play MMOs without a keyboard, considering its a multiplayer game you really need some way to communicate with others and the console keypads are just rubbish. I played FF14ARR with a controller/keyboard combo and it was actually really good, but it would have been much more annoying to play without a keyboard. I dunno, I'm just too addicted to keyboard shortcuts :V Does TESO support an external keyboard on consoles?

Cyanomega

I'm so unsure about making the jump to the next gen. I've yet to see any cluster of games to make me want any of them. The only thing holding my interest right now is until dawn. I've been burned by buying a console for one game before and I dont want that to happen again.

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
I'm so unsure about making the jump to the next gen. I've yet to see any cluster of games to make me want any of them. The only thing holding my interest right now is until dawn. I've been burned by buying a console for one game before and I dont want that to happen again.

My advice, is to wait until next year when all the games worthy of buying a console for, release. Even with a PS4, I find myself playing the PS3 much more.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Fair enough. I can't really play MMOs without a keyboard, considering its a multiplayer game you really need some way to communicate with others and the console keypads are just rubbish. I played FF14ARR with a controller/keyboard combo and it was actually really good, but it would have been much more annoying to play without a keyboard. I dunno, I'm just too addicted to keyboard shortcuts :V Does TESO support an external keyboard on consoles?

Not a clue. I really haven't looked into all the stuff behind it yet. I'd imagine there is one though because of how Microsoft brags at being the all in one entertainment system.