• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Getting close to what i was looking for...

Bobmuffins

what is this i dont even

Seriously, I don't even understand what's going on here. Please stop taking meth while watching The Golden Compass, as everyone else has already said.

twelvestring

The howling wolf
I read this twice I honestly dont understand it, Either i'm retarded or i'm retarded...I dont get it =S
You kinda had to read his first thread to understand it. He kinda has otherkin/therian beliefs. He's trying to look up origins to these types of beliefs in order to define himself. He is not saying he thinks the golden compass is a religion. He's saying these types of beliefs maybe origins of otherkin/therian...I think.;)

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I said it before, and I'll say it again.

Furry is just a minor interest.
Please see a psychiatrist.

See a doctor, nothing SPIRTUAL IN THE FANDOM
go see Otherkins, I doubt Therians would see ya

Unfortunately there are some who think furry is more than just an interest.

I hope most of us in the fandom treat it as an interest and nothing more, I hope those who think/feel furry is more than an interest are just a small minority in the fandom. I also hope the OP finds what he is looking for. I didn't read the whole of the OP's post, because I am currently running on less than two hours sleep and have an apartment full of people dismantling my bathroom.

Ricky

Unfortunately there are some who think furry is more than just an interest.

I hope most of us in the fandom treat it as an interest and nothing more, I hope those who think/feel furry is more than an interest are just a small minority in the fandom.

It's different for everyone. I think saying "it's just a minor interest" is pretty subjective; some people are more into it than others and that's cool. I was talking to a friend about this yesterday... There's only a problem if you let an interest become an obsession to the point where you let it define yourself (as opposed to letting it be a part of what you like or believe). For example, if someone says they will only associate with other furries that is kind of fucked-up. Saying he believes he has an animal spirit does not seem strange to me.

I don't think the OP has a problem or needs help. This shit has been in religion for God knows how long... Native Americans believed in an animal spirit for example, which you'd go on your Vision Quest to find. Just because this overlaps with an interest in furry doesn't indicate that the OP is taking his interest in furry so far it has become debilitating.

Randy-Darkshade

It's different for everyone. I think saying "it's just a minor interest" is pretty subjective; some people are more into it than others and that's cool. I was talking to a friend about this yesterday... There's only a problem if you let an interest become an obsession to the point where you let it define yourself (as opposed to letting it be a part of what you like or believe). For example, if someone says they will only associate with other furries that is kind of fucked-up. Saying he believes he has an animal spirit does not seem strange to me.

I don't think the OP has a problem or needs help. This shit has been in religion for God knows how long... Native Americans believed in an animal spirit for example, which you'd go on your Vision Quest to find. Just because this overlaps with an interest in furry doesn't indicate that the OP is taking his interest in furry so far it has become debilitating.

Indeed, Ancient Egyptians also worshiped animal-like gods.

NomeKo

Lol, I posted this on OFF TOPIC because has NOTHING to do with FURRY i do like FURRY but i don't think is SPIRITUAL, that was a concept messed up i had before, now, something funny is that you guys say my post are wierd and stuff,and I laugh, ya'LL have arround 20 years, im not saying that;s bad or anything, just that I do support furry, but i still in the age of 16, yeah, Im 16 and;

i think im just in the age to think and get to know me, and i do want to think about this as truth, and I'll grow up, no worries, someday I'll remeber this expirience as something really cool and exiting, and it is, shame on you if you couldn't feel that never in your life :)

and, if you think my post are wierd, I agree with you, many of my friends tell me im smart(and im not, i have an average of 8.4 :p) and I only smille, because Intelligence dosn't come from books only.

now, about Diamonion concept, you all are so close minded, i supposed that a Furry fandom was full of creative ppl, but i guess not, they're a fandom like anyother, that's ok, Diamonion was a religion long ago, in the golden compass they added that concept in order to give it more sence, im not the writer, i don't care, it's like for example you say that those who thinks that "The Force" from star wars make sence and maybe it possible exist is for Crazy Mental retarded, shame on you (again) just because they're diferent you clasify them, damn, this fourm has kicked me in the head to much allready o_O

Those who found this was USED in a movie, it's ok, that dosn't mean i watched the movie and *BAM* i got it, lol, when i was researching about Otherkin and stuff, i found this concept, i found a lot of Nordic stuff about this, and related religions, haha, i think you just don't read the full thing of the history, you just go and read the comment below ...

Im on the Daemon fourm already, I found it on wikipedia, and I think i'll fit better in there, well, so i think this is the last things you'll see the me, and i hope some of you change your way to react to diferent ideas, if you don't like it, why to post in it? oh, Post numbers and that, haha sure...

BOTH OF THE TOPIC WHERE MADE 100% BY ME, it was not a copy past, and when i first find furry, i tought it was it, but it was just the beginin, now i think im goin to leave this fourm bit by bit, there's nothing that intrest me here, if your close minded to understand or even read my post, im not intrest in beeing here, i think i've found more razonable deviantART artist, than in this Fourm, anyway, you guys wont change, you're not kids, and you wont hear one neither, but i promise i won't be like much of you here, i really fell bad to see all those UNinformative post, and some is just QUOTE: truth

Thanks for your suport, few of you, and if you find this topic with the sames answer as i had, you'll see me sharing my knoledge in the other fourm someone linked before.

If you're not intrested, there's no need to do a drama out of you, i think there's many Fourm noobs here, fourms are for change ideas, not to criticise, maybe is because there's a lot of Artist here, and by artist, i mean ALL THE CONCEPT OUT OF IT

yeah, i that was an offence, you don't get it, i don't care,because you're all close minded

P.D.
Im surprised that me, as you would say, a Spanish 16 years old kid need to have this kind of discuss with ppl above me, Artist and all, that's just shame full, if i had 30 years and I post this, iwould be ashamed, but no, i still have a few years before getting to real life, let me dream in peace, sheesh.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Lol, I posted this on OFF TOPIC because has NOTHING to do with FURRY i do like FURRY but i don't think is SPIRITUAL, that was a concept messed up i had before, now, something funny is that you guys say my post are wierd and stuff,and I laugh, ya'LL have arround 20 years, im not saying that;s bad or anything, just that I do support furry, but i still in the age of 16, yeah, Im 16 and;

i think im just in the age to think and get to know me, and i do want to think about this as truth, and I'll grow up, no worries, someday I'll remeber this expirience as something really cool and exiting, and it is, shame on you if you couldn't feel that never in your life :)

and, if you think my post are wierd, I agree with you, many of my friends tell me im smart(and im not, i have an average of 8.4 :p) and I only smille, because Intelligence dosn't come from books only.

now, about Diamonion concept, you all are so close minded, i supposed that a Furry fandom was full of creative ppl, but i guess not, they're a fandom like anyother, that's ok, Diamonion was a religion long ago, in the golden compass they added that concept in order to give it more sence, im not the writer, i don't care, it's like for example you say that those who thinks that "The Force" from star wars make sence and maybe it possible exist is for Crazy Mental retarded, shame on you (again) just because they're diferent you clasify them, damn, this fourm has kicked me in the head to much allready o_O

Those who found this was USED in a movie, it's ok, that dosn't mean i watched the movie and *BAM* i got it, lol, when i was researching about Otherkin and stuff, i found this concept, i found a lot of Nordic stuff about this, and related religions, haha, i think you just don't read the full thing of the history, you just go and read the comment below ...

Im on the Daemon fourm already, I found it on wikipedia, and I think i'll fit better in there, well, so i think this is the last things you'll see the me, and i hope some of you change your way to react to diferent ideas, if you don't like it, why to post in it? oh, Post numbers and that, haha sure...

BOTH OF THE TOPIC WHERE MADE 100% BY ME, it was not a copy past, and when i first find furry, i tought it was it, but it was just the beginin, now i think im goin to leave this fourm bit by bit, there's nothing that intrest me here, if your close minded to understand or even read my post, im not intrest in beeing here, i think i've found more razonable deviantART artist, than in this Fourm, anyway, you guys wont change, you're not kids, and you wont hear one neither, but i promise i won't be like much of you here, i really fell bad to see all those UNinformative post, and some is just QUOTE: truth

Thanks for your suport, few of you, and if you find this topic with the sames answer as i had, you'll see me sharing my knoledge in the other fourm someone linked before.

If you're not intrested, there's no need to do a drama out of you, i think there's many Fourm noobs here, fourms are for change ideas, not to criticise, maybe is because there's a lot of Artist here, and by artist, i mean ALL THE CONCEPT OUT OF IT

yeah, i that was an offence, you don't get it, i don't care,because you're all close minded

P.D.
Im surprised that me, as you would say, a Spanish 16 years old kid need to have this kind of discuss with ppl above me, Artist and all, that's just shame full, if i had 30 years and I post this, iwould be ashamed, but no, i still have a few years before getting to real life, let me dream in peace, sheesh.
And then Gawd said to Captain Falcon
"WHY DID HE POST THIS SHIT"
then Captain Falcon Replied
"he doesn't know grammar, did too many spelling mistakes"
Then Gawd said
"and whats this shit about religions that only exist in books"
Captain Falcon replied
"he is 16 that is why he is using religions in Fictions books, and the spelling mistakes"
Gawd sat down and facepalmed
"is he leaving these forums"
Captain Falcon Smiled and went
"YES!"

now the much needed
"cool story bro"

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot

now this makes sense, thing is he thought it was spiritual till we kicked him in the last topic he made saying its not.

Randy-Darkshade

Then Gawd said
Captain Falcon replied
"he is 16 that is why he is using religions in Fictions books, and the spelling mistakes"
"YES!"

now the much needed
"cool story bro"

You forget where he said he was SPANISH, hence his bad grammar.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
Then Gawd said
Captain Falcon replied
"YES!"

now the much needed
"cool story bro"

Now that is a story but its not complete without a FALCON PAWNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patton89

Dear sir, being a non-native speaker does not justify poor grammar. Neither does young age excuse illogical beliefs or rather questionable logic. By the modest age of 16 i had already formed my own moral beliefs based partly on utilitarianism and the human rights declaration, and publicly shunned the barbarian beliefs of the general public about undead jewish man saving our souls.
It is absolutely appalling to see such degenerate behaviour as substandard grammar and poor excuses to be allowed to go unpunished in our excellent forums consisting only of the most civilized and well educated individuals on the face of this planet.
As such, i feel obligated to challenge you to a duel to the death. My second will be Count Johan Karl Rosenthal, the world renowned Austrian fencer. Etiquette demands that you are allowed to choose the weapons that we will we use and the location in which we will duel. You do not need to inform me of your choice of second, as i doubt that it will matter. I shall await for your letter in which you will supply the necessary details so we can settle this unpleasant affair quickly.
If no such letter is to arrive within a month, i will consider your honor as a gentleman and as a spaniard forfeit.

Yours sincerely, Lord Edward Oscar Lennox III.
Written in the autumn of the glorious year 2009.

Kahrio

Who the HELL do you think i am
(with all respect and stating the fact that i do not believe in this or much of anything for that matter. no offense ment to anyone.)

I think its cool you found something like this to believe in, even more so that it relates to your furriness. when i stop and think about its a really interesting idea.

And i always find it fun to learn what our ancestors believed and thought. some of its really interesting. and some of its just damn crazy. but then again we have some crazy religions running around now.

For instance, i dont find what you state here to be even half as crazy as say Scientology. now adays people is just crazy.

[wow, this poor kid barely got a chance to defend himself for being torn to shreds. this being a forum, can he not put up a topic for discussion with out being torn down over it. its not like he was a retard about it. lord forbid he spelled a few words wrong. if grammar is the means by which you judge people, you've got a problem.]

Last edited:

Fay V

Lost to this world
Yeah the reaction was a bit harsh, but it was more than a few words spelled wrong and bad grammar. He started with a big idea that was unpopular for this crowd. Had he lurked longer or started with a simpler topic like "hey isn't _____ neat" he would have had a better starting experience, but he went into this big "what is furry" thing.
When you have a big idea, particularly an unpopular one it is on you to defend your statements. No one will simply accept everything you have to say. If you do not have the language capacity to defend yourself that does not mean people should pity you and just accept you and your argument, at best they will dismiss you and your ideas.
Unfortunately the poster here didn't have the capacity to explain it well, and worse he made excuses for his short comings instead of owning up to them. That dog won't hunt.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I love how many are being sarcastic towards the OP's lack of grammar/spelling, knowing his native language is not english.
and again I know folks who have better grammar skills than me which English isnt their native language

two could of backed up by Spell check really

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Lol okay.
But it still does not change the fact that you think a fandom dedicated to cartoons is spiritual.

The reason why we berate you is because those concepts you have listed are one of many reasons why we have a stigma. But to each is own insanity.

Also, what you referred to in your various choppy posts was a form of "Totemism", it's a sub branch of animal worrship in most, if not all, pagan-esque religions.

Last edited:

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard