• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ghostlight Forum/Wiki Server Outage Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
The "Ghostlight" forum server will be offline August 30 & 31 as we "move" the virtual server to a new hosting site. I expect the forum downtime to be limited to 12 hours at the most, but am planning for more "just in case".

The FA Forums are going into CPU processing overage on our current VPS held at EMC Web Hosting. I have some small complaints about EMC Web Hosting (mainly with their billing system) but I mainly feel that we are beginning to outgrow their services, and I want to move to bigger and better. We are moving the Ghostlight server to hosting at Rackforce.

Ghostlight specs:
checkmark_green2.gif
1GB DDR2 ECC 667MHz RAM
checkmark_green2.gif
30GB on SAS/SCSI
checkmark_green2.gif
10Mbps Unmetered BW
checkmark_green2.gif
IBM Dual Quad-Core Clovertown 64 bit Xeon CPU
checkmark_green2.gif
1066MHz FSB 8MB L2 cache
checkmark_green2.gif
Hardware RAID 5 Config
checkmark_green2.gif
Redundant power supplies

Rates go from $80/mo for Ghostlight to $124/mo. It is more expensive, yes, but the costs will be expanded over time a we focus on additional services for the FA community.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Let the bawing commence...

That's a rather unhelpful post.

Well at least people don't have anywhere to bitch (except their journals) when it goes offline on those days.

Crossdog367

So the site is going down on the 30th. Why is is down now?

Dang.

Deja Vu all over again?

Hmmm........not sure.

Time will tell.

*goes off to another site, till new updates if FA being near back show up*

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
The current issues with the site have nothing to do with Ghostlight server. This is for the forum server outage. Please read the posts next time, guys.

Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.