• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gift Ideas for an Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
So if you did or didn't know 2/10 would have been my one year anniversary with Kyle.

As it turns out we aren't together anymore.

Yet I still feel like I should get him something. I asked him if he'd like some chocolates but he blew me off on that.

I guess I could toss him a steam game or something, but that's not very personal...

I dunno, any ideas people?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
A chocolate rose and a plushie?

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
A chocolate rose and a plushie?

He turned down roses and roses imply sexual attraction which I'm trying to move away from at the present.

As for the plushie, he still has one that he got for me and I have one for him but mine is in a box in Tallahassee where I'm not.

A VHS tape of the star wars christmas special.

How does that have anything to do with Valentines Day OR Anniversaries?

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
How does that have anything to do with Valentines Day OR Anniversaries?
It's such a terrible gift that he'll lower his standards next gift giving holiday.
Or you take a brick and carve his name into it, if you are artsy you can really sell it, and they can't exactly turn it away cause you took your time to hand carve it.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
You're not dating him anymore, why send him anything? You no longer owe him shit!

Plus, if he blew you off on chocolates he probably doesn't give a fuck.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
1. I never "owed him shit." For much of the relationship it was always me offering my time and money, because I wanted to.

2. I send things to people who've left a positive memory in my past. I still remember birthday gifts for people from high school for this very reason.

3. He might not give a fuck but I'm the type of person who gifts. I know I don't have to, but I want to.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Send me it instead.

Onnes

Are you sure he's the type that would actually want to commemorate an ended relationship? I'd think many people would rather put that sort of thing behind them.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
:|

Not that I take the holiday terribly seriously, but if my ex sent me a Valentines gift, I would likely end up uncomfortable and possibly angry. It appears that he's communicated to you that he doesn't want a gift, you should respect that.

If you want to give him gifts because you're "a gift giver," give him gifts on his birthday and on Christmas and other platonic occasions. Valentine's is too charged, back off.

If you absolutely have to, make it a gag gift.

Littlerock

numb with cold
:|

Not that I take the holiday terribly seriously, but if my ex sent me a Valentines gift, I would likely end up uncomfortable and possibly angry. It appears that he's communicated to you that he doesn't want a gift, you should respect that.

If you want to give him gifts because you're "a gift giver," give him gifts on his birthday and on Christmas and other platonic occasions. Valentine's is too charged, back off.

If you absolutely have to, make it a gag gift.

Nothing says "I used to love you a lot." like a whoopee cushion and a fake puddle of puke!

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
What about chiseling a brick into a anatomically accurate heart and putting his name into it and painting it red?

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Get him a video tape of me.

Cult

I don't want to live forever
Here's an idea NO GIFTS! No offense Fenrari, but your post has "Not over it" written all over it. If you must give him a gift, give it to Crusader Mike.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
I wasn't in a position to get him a birthday or Christmas gift.

And no, I'm not a heartless individual who just "gets over" things.

Yeah I'm not really over him. And that's life ya know?

As for Crusader Mike, fuck him. I blame him as much for anything bad in what was our relationship as anything else I could blame (like myself).

Last edited:

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
I wasn't in a position to get him a birthday or Christmas gift.

And no, I'm not a heartless individual who just "gets over" things.

Yeah I'm not really over him. And that's life ya know?

As for Crusader Mike, fuck him. I blame him as much for anything bad in what was our relationship as anything else I could blame (like myself).
It's okay that you haven't moved on. Everyone does that at a different pace, you don't have to be over it right now, it does not make you weak or bad. But the thing is, is if you send this, it's very selfish. You're doing it for your emotional gratification, not his. From the looks of it, he has requested that you not send a gift. He either has moved on or he is trying to move on. A Valentine's gift between adults, unless humorous, is bound to be romantically charged. It's inappropriate to send him such a gift when he is uncomfortable with it.

My ex took a lot longer to get over our breakup than I did; I actually don't know how long because eventually I had to just cut all contact with him. Now I doubt that you are coming on quite as strongly as my ex did but I can tell you that it is quite uncomfortable.

Darkwing

Crusadermike did nothing wrong, stop pulling this same excuse over and over. You should be suprised kyle was still with you after you treated a friend so poorly and handled the issue so childishly. Kyle and mike are friends.Also you should be lucky that kyle was still with you after you threatened to kill mike as well. Seriously that shit doesnt fly with him. Regardless of who you are, you don't threaten to harm a friend of his. So knock this shit off

Status
Not open for further replies.